Re: SCP: Containment Breach C++ Conversion

Juicy wrote:
Soulzarath wrote:Just how far do we want to get with the textures? I believe just fixing the currents bugs we have and introducing more things to do in the game would make it just fine.
We need shaders, shaders are beautiful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk

Shaders in CB will make Black Ops 2 look like WarZ
WOOMY! *squid glibberish*
my water changed to this form by boiling, extensively used for the generation of mechanical power, for heating purposes, etc.

Sparks wrote:I believe this thread deserves to be stickied in one of the forum sections, so you can report back on this thread when you have made progress and big updates to the convertion into C++.
lol I'm flattered :D

I wanted to start working on the basic engine [threadpools aren't very readily available in libraries, so I gotta roll one myself, that'll be fun(It will cause it's a learning experience)], however, I won't be able to till probably the 13th as I have to write an essay for my macro economics course, and that is due on the 12th, I hate essays, especially when I have to write about something in a specific field that I'm not really good at. This sucks as I also have to write a second paper later this term. I'll probably post an entry on my site once I have my essay done and turned in, or not, haven't decided yet. Whatever though... lol
If it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

"This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."

Glad to see its still rolling along, scp:cb definitely should shed its old blitz3d shell and expand onto its own engine :D

I would like to see improved shaders and lighting, the models just don't look the same in-game as when compared to blenders rendering when I do work.

You should PM me some screenshots [or something] of some of your renders, at their best quality if possible. It would be nice to know what our current meshes are capable of...
If it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

"This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper."

When delving into the engine, how much of the current game's logic do you want to port directly? This talk of a C++ application has kind of got me excited, and I've started thinking about world generation.
http://lab.dyndns-ip.com/scpcb/

It's crude, and more of a platform for thought than much anything else. I'm actually a student of environmental design, and started thinking about how a realistic facility could be generated from parts.

CommanderPro100 wrote:When the game's ported to C++, will we still be able to change the sound, texture, and model files from the game folders?
Surely, everything might be compressed into packed files though(?) any games I've done some minor modding for have them all in organized compressed files with various directories with organizing all the assets still. The only big change I can think of will be the model formats though.

@answer42:
I'll send some screenshots of renders when I get somewhere with decent wifi, the biggest things I've noticed is that blitz3d's lighting doesn't bring out quite all the normal mapping/specularity.