Re: FAQ, a list of frequently asked questions

Archbernd wrote:Is there source code of barotrauma? I can help with minor bugs or even try to make standalone server ( I suppose networking/gameplay code is not separated?) I am familiar with C++/C# but will not promise much..
Sorry for the late reply (I probably would've noticed this post sooner if it was posted in a more appropriate thread and subforum)...

The source code isn't public but if you are interested in helping out, drop me a PM or an email. The networking, gameplay and rendering logic are pretty tightly coupled so it'll take a lot of refactoring before a standalone server can be made.
kc_tier wrote:Hi guys, is there a kind of minimum requirements for Barotrauma? I've recently reanimated an old laptop with Windows Vista and was anticipating playing Barotrauma on it, at first it didn't launch and requested Net Framework 4, I installed it and now it just doesn't start with some windows error message
Could you post the error message on the bug report subforum? Also, installing a newer version of .Net Framework might be worth trying.

Re: FAQ, a list of frequently asked questions

Regalis wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:41 pm
Can we get a [insert operating system here] version? - Unfortunately the game engine being used is windows only. Sorry no Mac or other OS versions will be created.
Quick tutorial for Linux users (works fine on Ubuntu 18.10 with latest version of game)

1. Downoad the game http://www.scpcbgame.com/
2. Get Wine https://www.winehq.org/ et get it for your system
3. Start wine for initial config. To do so, type in terminal

Code: Select all

wine notepad
4. Try launching the game. If it works, nice, if it doesn't, follow the following steps

If you are stuck on an error message saying "Memory Access Violation" at 40% of the game, and you have no intro before loading screen, here's a workaround :

1. Install Winetricks. For Ubuntu :

Code: Select all

sudo apt install winetricks
2. Select the line "Select the default wineprefix" and click "OK".
3. Select the line "Install a Windows DLL or componement" and click "OK".
4. Check "allcodecs" in the list and click "OK"
5. Install the codecs via their installators.
6. Lauch the game, it'll run fine.