Re: FAQ, a list of frequently asked questions

ColePatrolGaming wrote:Is it allowed to sell SCP games and if so do you need permission from the SCP-Foundation website creators or the authors that made the SCPs being featured in your game?
Nope, you can't. Due to copyright, every SCP is the property of the author, and unless you have explicit permission by every author (not only of SCPs but of tales, characters, and anything that has been published in the foundation) in order to sell the game.

I also think they each get a share? But I'm not sure about this last one.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:For what I've heard on the Foundation page, you can't. Since each SCP is the property of the author.
The entire site is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License, so as long as you credit each author, you can sell products based on their SCPs or tales without having to pay any royalties. Though like Irontaco said, they'd most likely get pissed off.

CommanderPro100 wrote: The entire site is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License, so as long as you credit each author, you can sell products based on their SCPs or tales without having to pay any royalties. Though like Irontaco said, they'd most likely get pissed off.
Huh, I see. Makes sense I guess.

Wasn't there also people who got mad that Regalis was getting donations because of the game?
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote: The entire site is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License, so as long as you credit each author, you can sell products based on their SCPs or tales without having to pay any royalties. Though like Irontaco said, they'd most likely get pissed off.
Huh, I see. Makes sense I guess.

Wasn't there also people who got mad that Regalis was getting donations because of the game?
Hmm...are you getting deja vu from this conversation?