Re: How to get rid of 096!

LittleOldMan wrote:Why cant we just put it in the same room as SCP-017 or send it to the pocket dimension :106: ?
I think it would be pretty cool to see 096 staggering around the pocket dimension after you, half corroded and having chunks of bone exposed and an eye missing. Even better if you escape and he stays that way.
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

Glitch wrote:Fun fact: 096 can and will teleport to get to you.
Is that on purpose or is it a GLITCH?

No, but really. That makes the game a pain. Sure, 096 is supposed to be a death sentence, but it would be more fun to be able to outrun him or something, so you can still play the game while been hunted. Him teleporting makes him be more deadly, but in an unfair way.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote: Is that on purpose or is it a GLITCH?

No, but really. That makes the game a pain. Sure, 096 is supposed to be a death sentence, but it would be more fun to be able to outrun him or something, so you can still play the game while been hunted. Him teleporting makes him be more deadly, but in an unfair way.
Teleportation in a pathfinding algorithm greatly reduces the situations where 096 can get stuck, besides he only teleports to room nodes after a significant distance. Also, is it not cannon to have 096 chasing you equate to an unavoidable death?
M-x dingus-mode

Also, being able to evade him for any length of time would be defying the fluff. 096 can accelerate faster and faster depending on how far away his target is, and he just crashes straight through any obstacles in his way. He was able to cross thousands of miles of land on foot in a matter of hours, so I doubt a comparatively small facility will offer much opportunity for escape.

theunbeholden wrote:What I don't get is why don't those things die when they get shot.. I can buy them having great unnatural powers.. but invulnerable to deadly projectiles? That stretches credibility unless you can physically see an armored carapace surrounding them... or if its metal object like some of the SCP's.
SCP-096 would have to materialize in order to grab you and take you into its world so I don't buy that.

I know it makes sense to make the creatures ungoldy scary by making them really difficult to kill and even harder to trap, but it stretches the credibility of even a made up universe if there is no logic to it. A universe must function on its own set of rules, explanations, and be consistent with that. No logic at all means we won't believe it. If we don't believe it then we won't be invested, that means we won't be scared.
It's the classic mistake of horror movies to make nothing but unlikable characters, we won't be fearful for them when they are about to be killed so instead the movies rely on jump scares that are only momentary events.. not any lasting impact.
What makes a gun deadly to humans? The fact that it can make holes in vital organs, causing them to not work properly anymore (not to mention the spilling of the acidic content in the body) and thus resulting in inevitable death. Now, what makes you think the scps, even if they look humanoid, possess the same body structure? And indeed, whether they even have vital organs in their body?
They're scps, so nobody knows what they exactly are, how they're capable of 'living' (a lot of them don't even need sustenance or sleep), or even why they're around. It doesn't look like they're a different (animal or alien) species either, since most of them only come as one being.

And most of all, they're interesting imaginations of overly creative minds.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-b ... foundation -> Dr. Bright for president! \o/