Re: Dev Topic #3

billynilly wrote:Great version I was hoping for scp 860 though but maybe he will be in the next version and maybe you can add scp 990 and 513-1 again.
SCP-860 will probably not be added for a while considering that the main man who was working on it (Mirocaine) computer broke and he can't work on it. Maybe next update though.
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

In the changelog for 0.7, there is a part that says more security cameras were added. However, I actually haven't seen any more yet. Does anyone know where the new ones are?
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

I saw a couple and they weren't working.

EDIT: Their base was their, the camera head was missing.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

I personally think that the 0.8 update should focus on the MTFs and focusing on improving their AI and how they do things. The next update should be on updating the MTFs so that they don't get stuck in doors and will react when SCP-106 gets near them. Also, I think that this update should also include SCP reaction with the MTFs themselves.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

MrJPenguin1 wrote:I personally think that the 0.8 update should focus on the MTFs and focusing on improving their AI and how they do things. The next update should be on updating the MTFs so that they don't get stuck in doors and will react when SCP-106 gets near them. Also, I think that this update should also include SCP reaction with the MTFs themselves.
I agree 100% with Mr.Penguin1. Regalis please please do this. MTFs right now are hindering the game. Either a player has too hard a time getting past them or they are total idiots and get stuck in doors. Its just hard to take them serious with the way they behave right now. I also want to add, that you have done great so far. I know that programming is hard and not easy. I just think the MTFs are holding the game back.

delicouscrabmeat wrote:
MrJPenguin1 wrote:I personally think that the 0.8 update should focus on the MTFs and focusing on improving their AI and how they do things. The next update should be on updating the MTFs so that they don't get stuck in doors and will react when SCP-106 gets near them. Also, I think that this update should also include SCP reaction with the MTFs themselves.
They should carry out the procedures that would typically be needed for a containment breach, which for now, would be to re-contain all the escaped SCP's. For some it would be a search mission, like for 173 or 096, but for the rest, it would involve heading to each containment chamber to inspect its containment, and for 106, start his recall protocol. Upon finding you, you would be told to stay put, as they leave with one guard staying to keep watch on you. You might be able to run off if he looks away, but this would cause him to chase after you to shoot you. He would also shoot you anyway when he's told its time to leave.

The guard that are searching would notice when you've taken or changed something, like 714, they would then go on a man hunt for you. They would then think that whoever's taken these things might be linked to the breach, and they'll now shoot you on sight.
Playing smart by closing ALL doors behind you, listening for other's footsteps, and hiding when they are near would allow them to pass by you, finish their job (returning SCP's back to their chambers) and then leave.
MTFs do the recall protocol right now, but they do take some time to get to the room.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Yeah, I personally think that the MTFs ruin the game. They really really suck and it would be cool if they would actually act like humans instead of automaton blokes. They should:

Stare at 173 and try to contain him.
Run from 106.
Not stare at 096 and contain him.
Sedate 049 and terminate 049-2 and contain 049.
NOT GET STUCK IN [EXPLETIVE] DOORS AND NOT ACT STUPID.
Not kill the player on sight, but instead try to grab him.
React to certain events and such.
Use security cameras to find the players and lost SCPs.
Get the SCPs first, THEN the player.
Once they contain every SCP and can't find the player after a certain time, leave.
Enable the Remote Door Control system and Omega Warheads if disabled.
Try to retrieve lost and/or missing SCPs that are inert such as SCP-860, 714, and 1025.

I'll add more when I think of them. What do you think? This may take a while, but it will be worth it!

MrJPenguin1 wrote:Yeah, I personally think that the MTFs ruin the game. They really really suck and it would be cool if they would actually act like humans instead of automaton blokes. They should:

Run from 106.
Once they contain every SCP and can't find the player after a certain time, leave.
Try to retrieve lost and/or missing SCPs that are inert such as SCP-860, 714, and 1025.

I'll add more when I think of them. What do you think? This may take a while, but it will be worth it!
You've got a breach in a facility of shape-shifters, reality-breakers, and monsters. You're gonna kill anything moving before it even has a chance to think of killing you. Although I'll rue the day if it really happens, they should be MORE aggressive.
Lol, idiot detected: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =131669598

Virtus Tenebrae wrote:
MrJPenguin1 wrote:Yeah, I personally think that the MTFs ruin the game. They really really suck and it would be cool if they would actually act like humans instead of automaton blokes. They should:

Run from 106.

You've got a breach in a facility of shape-shifters, reality-breakers, and monsters. You're gonna kill anything moving before it even has a chance to think of killing you. Although I'll rue the day if it really happens, they should be MORE aggressive.
Actually, the MTF are just fine the way they are now (Excluding some of their bugs with doors and etc that need to be fixed) I do agree that MTF should interact with SCP's that you lure in the room with them. some examples could be;
173 - they will freak out and say "don't break eye contact with it!" You can now safely blink and 173 will kill the MTF one by one instead of you (for a total of two blinks) after that it's back to you and him. After one blink and an MTF dies the other will say "No! I told you not to break eye contact!" "You! Over there! Help me keep an eye on 173 until backup arrives, they should be here any minute now." If you blink again 173 kills the remaining MTF, if you choose to leave the room you will hear. "Where are you going!? I can't do this alone. I need you to....." You see 173 teleport behind him and hear the snap sound. If you closed the door you will just hear the audio instead.

106 - They will say "Shit it's SCP 106! Open fire!" 106 ignores you and goes for them as they try to shoot him. When he gets close enough he hits them and they all vanish into a black orb (including 106)

096 - He follows you until he kills you considering you're the one who first saw his face. The MTF will say "Eliminate all hostiles!" and open fire on both of you which will end up in you dying by gunshots or 096 catching you.

049 - He is excluded from the list for now considering he never leaves his area. Sidenote to Dev's, you should really mark the doorway to his elevator with something. I almost missed out on this awesome SCP because I thought it was the maintenance tunnels. I associated elevators with the maintenance tunnels from previous versions and was like "Nope.avi " "Not going down there." Lol. I'm sure others have done this as well.

I didn't add this to my last post because I thought it wouldn't fit, anyways....
I think 096's room should be fixed. Everything is fine and all, the cut-scene and etc. But one thing that didn't make sense was when the MTF says "How did you get out?" When there was nothing for him to actually get out of. The room should have the same layout but with some minor changes. Here is my crappy drawing layout
Next issue is with 895's room as another user stated. "You know, for some reason, the method of death for 895 just doesn't sit well with me.

Actually, it's the only SCP in the game that is contained improperly, rather than escaping thanks to the mass breach. Doesn't it say in the article that no cameras or recording devices are to be brought within 10 meters (the red zone) of 895? It really doesn't make sense, then, that the Foundation would point a camera at it.

Containment Breach is all about dynamically avoiding danger, correct? Then I wonder if the Radio and S-Nav could be the killers? Not only would the game be more true to Foundation lore, it could potentially reduce the already small comfort given by the S-Nav Ultimate. Thereby adding more atmosphere and player interaction.

Just my two cents."

My solution for this would be to make the room bigger (getting rid of the cameras) and put a corner at the end of it. Place the SCP document on the desk next to the entrance so that it will be the first thing the player sees/reads and as you go further and turn the corner you will find a dead D-Class with the Nav (Not Nav Ultimate ) next to him. Now that you have read the doc you should be smart enough to know not to use the Nav or radio in there. If you do, then it does the thing where it kills you (except with the Nav's screen) Also, add some batteries on a shelf in there as well in case the player hasn't picked them up yet. Next don't allow 106 to spawn in there or where the coffin is at, it seems really out of place when he does :?

Here is my layout. Sidenote, the staircase and every thing else is fine. It's just that one room that needs tweaking.