Re: Dev Topic #3

spartan322 wrote:
Destructoid wrote:When infected, the player should occasionally see flashes of being surrounded by zombies, biting people, and I think a very faint picture of zombie's faces should fade onto the screen with a blur effect and ghen disappear about when someone would notice them. They could even be easter egg zombies from old movies and shit.
I like that idea. Would give an impression that the main character is a completely different being with no capability of thought.

Not sure about the taking parts from movies. Doesn't that violate copyright?
B-but pretty zombies.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Yeah, kinda like 895 hallucinations but with zombies and dead things!

Speaking of 895, I haven't seen him in a LONG effing time...
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:
Serimah wrote:
106phobia wrote:It's a great idea, and I also agree that 008 wasn't implemented too well into the game, but we already have zombies. :/ Not that more zombies would hurt, it's just I'd like to see different/new hostile SCPs.

I repeat, it's still a great idea and I am not entirely against it.
Yup, I'm thinking the same thing. New possibly psychotic effects for 008 would be simply awesome. Perhaps have the player hallucinate?
Imagining 106, 173 maybe? Whilst having to figure out wether they're real or just hallucinations caused by your high fever.
Just a small thought from me... I'm really curious what you guys would add to 008 :)
^THIS.
Here was my idea from a while back that involved leaving more corpses laying around for both 049 and 008.
TheRooster09 wrote:I agree about leaving more corpses around, there is a ton of unused potential there. They could have 049 use the elevator to follow you upstairs and granted you can evade him by running through a room or two shutting the doors behind you, however any corpses you've passed while evading him will be zombies the next time you enter those rooms again. You may laugh and say "But they're easy to run around." but can you imagine those intense moments when :173: pops up in one of those rooms with them in it. Same can be used for 008, once infected a message can appear after a while saying you are sweating a lot ( or dripping blood since the glass cuts you, if I'm not mistaken) and when ever you walk/sprint over top of a corpse it will be reanimated the next time you enter that room. :gasp:

Edit* I forgot to mention that walking/sprinting over top of them would imply your bodily fluids (blood, sweat) dripped on them causing them to reanimate :P

Regalis wrote:Things coming up in v0.7.2:

- rooms shouldn't generate inside each other anymore [ok, i never had that bug]
- the elevator button bug is fixed [never had that bug either]
- there's a short piece of text in every death screen describing how you died - some of them are quotes from people who've found your body and some are excerpts from incident reports written after the breach [started, or ended?]
- the MTF will finally react to the SCPs. So far I've only made them look at SCP-173 when they encounter it, but in the future, they'll react to 106 and 096 as well and try to recontain them. I also fixed some bugs in their AI, and now they are much less likely to get stuck in doorways and block your way. [yay!]
- a couple of new events [OMG WAT NWE EVENTS?]
- removed the "map.zip"-file I'd forgotten in the GFX-folder :)

I think I'll release it when the MTF improvements are done, which shouldn't take longer than a couple of weeks if everything goes well.
Regalis wrote: I think I'll release it when the MTF improvements are done

Regalis wrote: I think I'll release it when the MTF improvements are done

This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

MTF's with improved brains? Were screwed.

On a side note, you know before the update I wasn't sure if I would like the new facility layout? I sort of don't. The facility is a bit too repetitive at the moment imo, on almost every map I've played the first 10 minutes are just endless three way corridors with water tanks with maybe a hallway. If its staying like this, there needs to be a few more alternative rooms.
Local Forum Amateur and Galactic God Entity: Current mistakes:3
"If you collect them, something good might happen!" - About half of the Road Trip Adventure NPC's

Yeah, it's because of the "zones" setup. The endless hallways are extremely annoying, at least make some sort of cap where there can't be more than 2 hallways connected at a time.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

Serimah wrote:Yup, I'm thinking the same thing. New possibly psychotic effects for 008 would be simply awesome. Perhaps have the player hallucinate?
Imagining 106, 173 maybe? Whilst having to figure out wether they're real or just hallucinations caused by your high fever.
Just a small thought from me... I'm really curious what you guys would add to 008 :)
I think Sam's original SCP-008 mod Regalis took inspiration from did have a hallucination of SCP-173.
Lol, idiot detected: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =131669598

Virtus Tenebrae wrote:
Serimah wrote:Yup, I'm thinking the same thing. New possibly psychotic effects for 008 would be simply awesome. Perhaps have the player hallucinate?
I think Sam's original SCP-008 mod Regalis took inspiration from did have a hallucination of SCP-173.
Yeah it did. Consistent pants-shitting was found among testers.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

add a keycard in the first room
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

Oooh, we should have map maker. You said you might work on one after 0.7. It should be possible to set up the rooms and then mark them as office/euclid/keter containment to change the appearance. This would allow for custom maps that make "sense" to say the least. Also, one thing that always turned me off is the maintenance tunnels, I feel like there should be a button in the tunnels that opens the door above, or have the door replaced by a broken pipe spewing deadly steam. This would make it much more convenient and stop ragequits.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!