Re: Dev Topic #3

hug0905 wrote:add a keycard in the first room
No
Destructoid wrote:Also, one thing that always turned me off is the maintenance tunnels, I feel like there should be a button in the tunnels that opens the door above, or have the door replaced by a broken pipe spewing deadly steam. This would make it much more convenient and stop ragequits.
What would be behind a combo-locked reinforced blast-door? I always imagined the survivors would be hiding behind them.
Last edited by Virtus Tenebrae on Sat May 11, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lol, idiot detected: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =131669598

Virtus Tenebrae wrote:
No
It's not a bad idea, the dead scientist should drop a level 1 keycard that could be used to acquire a level 2 keycard.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Destructoid wrote:
Virtus Tenebrae wrote:
No
It's not a bad idea, the dead scientist should drop a level 1 keycard that could be used to acquire a level 2 keycard.
btw, the reason why im asking for this suggestion, because of the new zones, which makes it hard because if i get the level 2 keycard, that'll mean that i have to go all the way back to get to SCP-914.
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

Virtus Tenebrae wrote:
Juicy wrote:
Destructoid wrote: It's not a bad idea, the dead scientist should drop a level 1 keycard that could be used to acquire a level 2 keycard.
I agree
It's too easy. You should count your luck in getting a gas mask so early in the game.
Agree, it's too easy. Also now it's too difficult. There should be a keycard more easy to find, but not at the first room
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

Virtus Tenebrae wrote: It's too easy. You should count your luck in getting a gas mask so early in the game.
I don't see the harm in it. The level 2 keycard is almost useless anyway, the only door it seems to open is the one for SCP-914 :? The door requirements and keycard layout really needs to be worked on. As far as being lucky finding the gas mask, that's more or less balancing out gameplay, not luck. If it were not found at the beginning like it is now there would be no way for players to advance passed the gas walkway where :173: pops up which is very early in game. Maybe on Keter difficulty you could deny players key items, but something like that shouldn't even be considered on Euclid (Normal). You have to look at it from a new player's perspective, would you want to keep playing a game where you get auto killed at the beginning every time? Probably not :laugh:

I'm not sure about putting one in the first room, but I do agree that key cards should be easier to find early in the game. I almost never find those office rooms that have key cards.

It's not good to make the game too easy, but it sure as hell ain't good to make it too hard.

TheRooster09 wrote: the only door it seems to open is the one for SCP-914
not true, the level 2 keycard can also open the door of 895.

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

hug0905 wrote:
Oh, like that's a big help...anyways, I agree that the offices should be slightly easier to find. I'd actually prefer anything over endless hallways, that really does need to be fixed...
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:
hug0905 wrote:
Oh, like that's a big help...anyways, I agree that the offices should be slightly easier to find. I'd actually prefer anything over endless hallways, that really does need to be fixed...
actually, i remembered that the level 2 keycard can now be found in the room where SCP-173 shatters the glass, that room shouldn't take too long to get to.

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)