Re: Importing CB into Unity!. (PROJECT - ACTIVE)

Omniary wrote:
Regalis wrote:
Sparks wrote:About Oculus Rift, I wish it could be used with SCP CB already, and I personally can imagine a lot of games that would be so awesome if they had support for it (GTA SA, Amnesia Dark descent, etc.).
Actually there's already an Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D so adding OR support is entirely possible in the future. I'm getting the consumer version of OR when it comes out, and will most likely try to make it work with SCPCB. :) The only problem I might run into is making the program receive the head tracking data from OR, but I'm pretty confident that it can be done with DLLs for example.
I could see OR working VERY well with the eye mechanics of CB. Only if there could be some way to detect blinking, then you'd have full immersion for CB.
Actually, that should be in every game that is RiFtInG compatible(of-course it also needs to be first-person). Minecraft, Amnesia, All the hundreds of fucking slender games, etc. :D
Last edited by Cridone on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Regalis wrote:
Sparks wrote:About Oculus Rift, I wish it could be used with SCP CB already, and I personally can imagine a lot of games that would be so awesome if they had support for it (GTA SA, Amnesia Dark descent, etc.).
Actually there's already an Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D so adding OR support is entirely possible in the future. I'm getting the consumer version of OR when it comes out, and will most likely try to make it work with SCPCB. :) The only problem I might run into is making the program receive the head tracking data from OR, but I'm pretty confident that it can be done with DLLs for example.
Lucky, you got the Oculus. Report in on how awesome it is when you get it!
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Sparks wrote:Gonna apply some thread glue to this convertion thread too, to see what makes progress the most, between this one and the c++ one.

About Oculus Rift, I wish it could be used with SCP CB already, and I personally can imagine a lot of games that would be so awesome if they had support for it (GTA SA, Amnesia Dark descent, etc.).
I'm interested to see if it would work in third person games or if it would just be utterly disorienting. I really hope it's the first one.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

Re: Importing CB into Unity!. (PROJECT - ACTIVE) (UPDATE 6/2

Alright so update time --

We're working on syncing our Unity project right now to each Dev, we've imported all the GFX & SFX files from CB; Now we have to start converting Meshes from .B3D -> .FBX and other compatible formats. (Sadly I can't do it myself because no such converter programs are Mac-OS compatible..)

Another problem is importing the map mesh rooms/pieces. Since we can't save the texture coordinates to each piece in the room, it means we might have to remake every single room in the game entirely. This also includes the Hud, Player control, AI, random events, etc..

So it looks like it's going to be a long haul with no shortcuts, no Refactoring of code either. But it seems feasible.