Re: How DO you get out of the Pocket Dimension?

you mean those swinging things in the "bridge" rooms? Well the only real hint I can give is that they move like an 8, so there are 4 spots on the path where they will fly over it, you should walk slowly and see where one of them passes by, then wait directly in front of it and quickly run forward when it's swung by. It's actually not that hard as it might sound if you know how it works. The most important thing to know is that it's only 1 swinging thing in these rooms and it moves in an 8-pattern. And they don't move randomly, they always pass the same 4 spots, and you just have to be aware WHEN it will fly over them.

guysensei1 wrote:My question is not about how to cross that flying rock bridge. It is about how to escape. Do you just walk around till he decides to let you out? Or is there a place to get to so you can escape the PD?
I suppose all I can say is that it is Random.

In the earlier versions, You could get out as soon as you walked down the first hallway in the Pocket Dimension.

Since 0.7, It's been made much harder to get out. But It is still possible. Just Random.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

My advice to escaping SCP-106's Pocket Dimension is to focus. It really helps if you have SCP-500-01 in your possession, since you can get repeated uses from it. First-Aid Kits can be a backup if you don't have this (Be careful with Blue First Aid Kits from SCP-914, they can do more harm than good in some chances).

When in the Pocket Dimension, you will slowly bleed, which can decrease your general speed and make it almost impossible to escape, especially when put against the stone pillar gauntlet. Ingesting SCP-500-01 can reduce the blurriness in your vision and increase your speed enough to get past where the pillar hits. In short, SCP-500-01 is your best bet in that gauntlet.

As for escaping in general, the Pocket Dimension is unpredictable. You could be detained for ages in there (My record is running 7 gauntlets of which 6 were stone-pillar gauntlets before SCP-106 gave up and let me go).

However, you seem to get released much sooner if you have SCP-714 equipped. Uncertain as to why the mental shield aids you exactly but at any rate, when I've been caught while wearing SCP-714, I've usually been let out of the Pocket Dimension after a maximum of 2 gauntlet runs.

So in short, my advice for the Pocket Dimension is to have SCP-714 or SCP-500-01 on you to maximize your chance of escaping. You have a decent chance of finding SCP-500-01 before SCP-106 manages to catch you, if you look around enough. It'll either be on dead guards or in that small room branch in the maintenance tunnels (The tunnel section where SCP-106 will pursue you, not SCP-049's section). If you can't find it, I highly recommend keeping the First-Aid Kit you find in SCP-914's chamber and upgrading it to a Small version via the Fine setting. At least that'll serve as a one-off instance in the Pocket Dimension.

That's pretty much all I can say on the Pocket Dimension from my experience. The chance of when SCP-106 lets you out can be random, but you seem to have a better probability of being let out, if you somehow manage to procure SCP-714 prior to being caught. Of course, that may be part of the reason SCP-714 is in the Entrance Zone, as well as its protection from Cognitohazard SCPs...
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.