Re: Dev Topic #4

MetroDelta wrote:I'm sure that the SCP of the next update is
Spoiler
SCP-231 or SCP-239, because of the pictures of Mirocaine which closely resemble of their containment procedures. http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 350#p84406
I highly doubt that either of those are going to ever be in SCP:CB. SCP-231 is too disturbing and offensive and would not fit in. Does this game really need a pregnant girl who is put through sexual and emotion torture because if they don't the world will end? I do like SCP-231 but it is the wrong kind of horror for this game. Something like it might fit well into a different horror game but not this one. SCP-239 likely won't get put in either because it would be way too difficult to do it well, and it also probably won't fit in well.
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

legendaryweredragon wrote:
I highly doubt that either of those are going to ever be in SCP:CB. SCP-231 is too disturbing and offensive and would not fit in. Does this game really need a pregnant girl who is put through sexual and emotion torture because if they don't the world will end? I do like SCP-231 but it is the wrong kind of horror for this game. Something like it might fit well into a different horror game but not this one. SCP-239 likely won't get put in either because it would be way too difficult to do it well, and it also probably won't fit in well.
I have to agree. As much as I like them, they really don't seem like suitable additions to me.

Uhhhh.... I don't know if it's just me but the site appears to have been infected by adds and viruses because almost every time I click on something an ad pops up. And there's ads everywhere.
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill

LORD DEATH wrote:Uhhhh.... I don't know if it's just me but the site appears to have been infected by adds and viruses because almost every time I click on something an ad pops up. And there's ads everywhere.
Try getting AdBlock+. It's free, and works really effectively.
legendaryweredragon wrote: SCP-239 likely won't get put in either because it would be way too difficult to do it well, and it also probably won't fit in well.
I wouldn't say it's unlikely...

In the guard.b3d file there is an animation labeled "239_combust", where the guard begins to levitate and spin in every direction, presumably being combusted in mid air by SCP-239, as the title suggests...

UnknownGlaze wrote:
In the guard.b3d file there is an animation labeled "239_combust", where the guard begins to levitate and spin in every direction, presumably being combusted in mid air by SCP-239, as the title suggests...
Well in that case, it has certainly been worked on at the least.

UnknownGlaze wrote:
LORD DEATH wrote:Uhhhh.... I don't know if it's just me but the site appears to have been infected by adds and viruses because almost every time I click on something an ad pops up. And there's ads everywhere.
Try getting AdBlock+. It's free, and works really effectively.
legendaryweredragon wrote: SCP-239 likely won't get put in either because it would be way too difficult to do it well, and it also probably won't fit in well.
I wouldn't say it's unlikely...

it used to be labeled "potato"

VALVe involvement confirmed
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

I've noticed that there used to be a lot of complaints about the brightness, camera fog etc. Why don't you put a camera fog editor option in the options menu along with a brightness setting. Also, you could make it to were the camera fog has three different settings: Far, near, and close. These things would be useful as we we would no longer have to open the console to change these settings. You could also put in a image system to show the effects of your choices by setting up some slides to show how the in-game result would look.
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill

LORD DEATH wrote:You could also put in a image system to show the effects of your choices by setting up some slides to show how the in-game result would look.
I liked the feature in Amnesia where it gave you a static square and a black square, and told you to adjust the brightness until they were barely distinguishable.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.