Dev Topic #4

Dev Topic #3

As some you have guessed from the little addition in the home page banner, v0.9 is coming up soon. Once again I'm not going to give an exact release date, but I'm doing my best do get it out before the new year.

I've done tons of bugfixes and optimization after the last version, and v0.9 will definitely be the most bug-free version in a long time. The infamous SCP-173 teleportation bug is gone for example, and the MTF are much less retarded now. The bugfixes made by juanjpro have also been added.

The're will also be one major SCP addition, SCP-035. In addition to that, I've been trying to give the player a reason to enter the containment rooms of some SCPs that are now just random curiosities that most players ignore after their first playthrough.

Re: Dev Topic #4

Regalis wrote:I've been trying to give the player a reason to enter the containment rooms of some SCPs that are now just random curiosities that most players ignore after their first playthrough.
So does this mean that most containment chambers/stationary SCPs will actually serve some purpose or are you just going to place a bunch of miscellaneous items around each chamber?

CommanderPro100 wrote:
Regalis wrote:I've been trying to give the player a reason to enter the containment rooms of some SCPs that are now just random curiosities that most players ignore after their first playthrough.
So does this mean that most containment chambers/stationary SCPs will actually serve some purpose or are you just going to place a bunch of miscellaneous items around each chamber?
I think that they will serve more purpose, more than miscellaneous items, since SCPs should have function panels or buttons for a reason to deal with them.

CommanderPro100 wrote:
Nope, it won't just be items placed in the chambers. For instance, SCP-079 will randomly broadcast the camera feed from 895's room on the monitors across the facility, and you have to enter the 895's chamber to stop it (as suggested here).

I like where this thread is going. I do doubt my idea for SCP-457 might be used any time soon but I'm just saying that. I'm not trying to make you feel sympathic so you DO add it in the new version.

Anyways, I've also had the idea for SCP-053. If you could find a way to add her, I'd gladly volunteer to voice her.
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

Regalis wrote:For instance, SCP-079 will randomly broadcast the camera feed from 895's room on the monitors across the facility, and you have to enter the 895's chamber to stop it.
Now it's stuff like this that CB needs more of since so far it seems like most of the current SCPs serve no purpose other than fan service.

I'm still curious as to what you're going to do with 372 and 012.

If you want to optimize the game even more, you could replace CopyRect (used by security cameras) with render-to-texture (possible thanks to FastExt, the screen's texture flags need to be 1+256+FE_RENDER+FE_ZRENDER for it to work properly). Since changes are being made to the screens, you could add this in since you'll probably be editing the UpdateSecurityCams function anyway.

I'm looking forward to playing this version of the game :)