Re: Dev Topic #4

Regalis wrote: Actually there's already an Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D so adding OR support is entirely possible in the future. I'm getting the consumer version of OR when it comes out, and will most likely try to make it work with SCPCB. :) The only problem I might run into is making the program receive the head tracking data from OR, but I'm pretty confident that it can be done with DLLs for example.
Taken from this thread: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6&start=10 its about halfway down the page.

nightscout01 wrote:
Regalis wrote: Actually there's already an Oculus Rift library for Blitz3D so adding OR support is entirely possible in the future. I'm getting the consumer version of OR when it comes out, and will most likely try to make it work with SCPCB. :) The only problem I might run into is making the program receive the head tracking data from OR, but I'm pretty confident that it can be done with DLLs for example.
Taken from this thread: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 6&start=10 its about halfway down the page.
I have attempted to port the BlitzRift library to SCP, but I could never get it to work. I do own the Oculus Rift DK1, so I for one would love VR support, and would welcome the opportunity to test it.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Just finished adding SCP-970 (thanks to Omniary for the suggestion).
SCP-970-01 is a cell-block within Sector 19, and the first example of the SCP-970 phenomenon encountered by the Foundation. It was constructed with the intent of housing class-D personnel, and fulfilled that purpose until ██/██/████, when several D-classes breached containment in an escape attempt. The investigation into the incident led to the discovery that a series of doors had appeared in the cell-block, leading into rooms on the opposite side of the corridor. It was quickly established that the layout of the building did not support this addition, and that the rooms were following a non-standard geometry.
I won't post a screenshot because it would spoil the "what the hell just happened"-moment when going through the doors for the first time (and the effect can't be really shown in a picture anyway). Just like in the article, there will also be some changes to the room and the player when going through the doors. So far I've added simple stuff like decals and items appearing in the room, and items in your inventory changing to something else, but if any of you have ideas for more interesting events, I'd be glad to hear them.
AlicornPureSparky wrote:Out of curiosity, will 682 finally be added in as well along with 860?
Unfortunately not. Afaik no-one's working on a model and it would be such a big project anyway that I think it's better to leave it for future updates.
Lyrahel wrote:Where is the :REDACTED: release date?? xD Regalis! Gimme gimme gimme!
When it's done. :) Which will likely be some time in the summer. I'm sorry for the long wait, but since it's supposed to be the first non-beta/alpha version of SCP-CB, I want to take my time in making it as polished and bug-free as possible. I'm not quite sure about this yet, but I think I might still release an update with SCP-860 and most of the new content for beta-testing purposes at some point before v1.0 though.

Now I hope that the time until summer passes fast...
I am extremely looking forward to this 1.0 version.
An question to Regalis: How many new SCP's will there be in 1.0?(Only the number of new ones, not which ones beside 860 and 970)
Spoiler
And I have been playing SCP:CB since 0.6.5 now.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

AveryLP wrote:An question to Regalis: How many new SCP's will there be in 1.0?(Only the number of new ones, not which ones beside 860 and 970)
At least SCP-860, SCP-970, SCP-[REDACTED], several specimens of [REDACTED], SCP-[REDACTED] and probably some of the SCPs in Box of Horrors.

Regalis wrote:
AveryLP wrote:An question to Regalis: How many new SCP's will there be in 1.0?(Only the number of new ones, not which ones beside 860 and 970)
At least SCP-860, SCP-970, SCP-[REDACTED], several specimens of [REDACTED], SCP-[REDACTED] and probably some of the SCPs in Box of Horrors.

Wow. 5 new SCPS?
:096:
SAY HELLO TO MAH LITTLE FRIEND!!!
RATATATATATATATATATA....

kingjulien22 wrote:
Regalis wrote:

Wow. 5 new SCPS?
:096:
And probably even more!!

Anyways, Regalis, perhaps you could add an auto-updater similar to the one used in Box of Horrors.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

Regalis wrote:
Holy crap, yeeeesss!!! We love ya Regalis ;)