Re: Conversation

Serimah wrote:That "Conversation" between the two guards happened before the Breach, therefore I feel it is well-placed. It gives you a feeling of normality before all hell breaks lose.
I'm against trying to stuff even more "horror" into the game just for the sake of 1 jumpscare.
I feel that it's more than this. The intro (my signature link) that I recorded had one guard believing the other was brand new, while the other believing he had worked with the other guy for :EXPUNGED: months.
Version 1.0 is here! Check it out! http://bit.ly/1nLJnFu

TheHoongs wrote:They were realistic but the jokes made it feel like:"nah,this ain't horror"
As mentioned before, you often get subtle hints that the guards are already affected by their job. Those are normal human beings. So why would they bitch and whine right from the start?
It gives you the chance to relax a bit and see the Foundation at work without any Breach.

Also, if you are so much against hearing the guards talk you can always skip the Intro. That is why that function exists anyway. For those who only play for the "scares"
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

I feel like that should be the entire point of the intro though, to give the player a false sense of security that'll be taken away the very moment you enter 173's chamber. Whether it be the ironic tone of the cheery intercom announcements, the little scientists working in their cubicles, or the guard's jokey talk about pizza day, I feel like it's great at setting the tone of the game, only for it to be absolutely shattered once the breach happens, which reveals the true tone of the game. As Duke said, the whole atmosphere of the game is dark, so a little lighthearted stuff at the beginning would be a good contrast to the awful shit that's about to occur.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:I feel like that should be the entire point of the intro though, to give the player a false sense of security that'll be taken away the very moment you enter 173's chamber. Whether it be the ironic tone of the cheery intercom announcements, the little scientists working in their cubicles, or the guard's jokey talk about pizza day, I feel like it's great at setting the tone of the game, only for it to be absolutely shattered once the breach happens, which reveals the true tone of the game. As Duke said, the whole atmosphere of the game is dark, so a little lighthearted stuff at the beginning would be a good contrast to the awful shit that's about to occur.
Agreed
AM I THE ONLY FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S FAN?

Check out my game