The new intro could do with a little fix

As the title says. Basically, I never actually noticed the new part with the guard and 173 in the intro until probably the 6th time I played it, the reason being that I wasn't quick enough to witness it. To fix this, I think that it should only be triggered once the player is at the bottom of the stairs, because otherwise you may not see it. The other small thing is that when the two guards are talking, you cannot hear all of what the scientist is saying down below. On top of this you have the intercom, so you cant really follow what everyone is saying, which is a shame. This could probably be fixed by spacing it all out more. It could perhaps be changed so that the guards have to wait around a little before being told to enter or something. This would also mean that the conversations wouldn't be interrupted by them telling the player to hurry up. Lastly, I'm sorry to say it but in almost EVERY playthrough I've seen of 1.0, the person playing the game thinks that its the Class D that's talking. Another line could be put in to avoid the confusion, such as "Yeah you, who d'ya think I'm talkin' to? The Class-D here?".

So that's all I have for that. Let me know what you think, and I hope Reg sees this.

Re: The new intro could do with a little fix

Yeah, the announcements that play once the player reaches the office could be made quieter and less distracting. As for the part right after the intro, I agree, the map design makes it rather hard to tell what's going on. Threre should be some sort of indication that the door on the other side of the walkway is inaccessible, like being covered in rubble, or maybe the walkway has fallen, giving a great view of the actual event with the guard. Something should probably be done to the other door, like have it be blocked by some rubble. Right now, the game gives no indication of where the player has to go, and the player has to use process of elimination to progress. I was sort of expecting to go through that door on the walkway, through that room with the janitor and scientist (they look very similar) and out the other doorway in the tunnel room.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Right now, the game gives no indication of where the player has to go, and the player has to use process of elimination to progress.
But there are a guard and a scientist going through that one door, I think. Though the player propably wont notice it, you know because its dark, there is laughter and 173 pops up. That part is also a bit confusing.

Omniary wrote:Yeah, the announcements that play once the player reaches the office could be made quieter and less distracting. As for the part right after the intro, I agree, the map design makes it rather hard to tell what's going on. Threre should be some sort of indication that the door on the other side of the walkway is inaccessible, like being covered in rubble, or maybe the walkway has fallen, giving a great view of the actual event with the guard. Something should probably be done to the other door, like have it be blocked by some rubble. Right now, the game gives no indication of where the player has to go, and the player has to use process of elimination to progress. I was sort of expecting to go through that door on the walkway, through that room with the janitor and scientist (they look very similar) and out the other doorway in the tunnel room.
I think the whole game could do with bits of rubble and stuff here and there :P

Skin_ wrote:I think the whole game could do with bits of rubble and stuff here and there :P
There should be a new zone with construction/unfinished containment chambers and hallways, with dug-in rock and rubble, construction equipment, etc.
---------
On-Topic

I think the 173 intro thingie with the guard saying to just keep staring at "it" and back away is a bit silly and unnecessary. In my playthrough I didn't get it and I still got the same atmospheric feeling. The event seems buggy and honestly could do without. Just my opinion, though.. (we put lots of effort into this game).

Failface wrote:
Omniary wrote:Right now, the game gives no indication of where the player has to go, and the player has to use process of elimination to progress.
But there are a guard and a scientist going through that one door, I think. Though the player propably wont notice it, you know because its dark, there is laughter and 173 pops up. That part is also a bit confusing.
That's pretty much my point though, it's very confusing where the player should go. If the walkway was busted, you could get a better look at the event that it obscures and it'll throw that one door out of the equation.

I don't the event is really that bad, though I dislike how it starts prematurely if you don't go to the room before a certain time. It should be like the janitor and scientist event in the old first room where it starts as soon as you get there. Random blackouts are pretty annoying if they don't get any context.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote: That's pretty much my point though, it's very confusing where the player should go. If the walkway was busted, you could get a better look at the event that it obscures and it'll throw that one door out of the equation.

I don't the event is really that bad, though I dislike how it starts prematurely if you don't go to the room before a certain time. It should be like the janitor and scientist event in the old first room where it starts as soon as you get there. Random blackouts are pretty annoying if they don't get any context.
I agree. I also think that the room with the janitor needs to be moved back to near the start of the game. With all the new rooms, I think the generation should be reworked a bit so it makes sense and has a bit more structure. I know its kinda hard to do when its randomised, but some rooms should probably be in set places. I have been getting certain rooms clustered together too, A LOT. I mean, one after the other after the other after the other...

What about Security Chief Franklin panicking through the intercom. Now he seems not surprised or upset as SCP-173 breaches containment. It could be like "Oh shit Oh shit Oh shit...!!!" But maybe it's already too loud in there or dramatic enough. It's just how he would react in real life :wink:
General Discussion?... so there once was a Private Discussion! Now tell me, did he ever win any war?... And whothefuck is General Off Topic???