Re: Izumi Kato (Creator of original sculpture 173) contacted

I don't feel there is a need to fuel the fire here. There are some cool people over on the wiki, however, some just seem to be much more cynical and a bit protective of the wiki itself.
There were staff members at the wiki who did give me the chance to show proof before they jumped to any conclusions, so I do not feel the wiki as a whole is a bad community. Similar to any community, some people can be mean, others can be nice.
Overall, they seemed very appreciative of me showing the evidence and such, and I believe that we can now rest assured that 173 will be in the promo. We spent almost two months creating 173 with a new combination of techniques to make it look as realistic as possible. It would have been a shame if we couldn't use him.

Thank you Izumi Kato for letting us use your image. I greatly appreciate it.
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

Lotims wrote:I don't feel there is a need to fuel the fire here. There are some cool people over on the wiki, however, some just seem to be much more cynical and a bit protective of the wiki itself.
There were staff members at the wiki who did give me the chance to show proof before they jumped to any conclusions, so I do not feel the wiki as a whole is a bad community. Similar to any community, some people can be mean, others can be nice.
Yes.
Nothing here for now, because the site with my previous banner got infected.

Lotims wrote:I don't feel there is a need to fuel the fire here. There are some cool people over on the wiki, however, some just seem to be much more cynical and a bit protective of the wiki itself.
Overall, they seemed very appreciative of me showing the evidence and such, and I believe that we can now rest assured that 173 will be in the promo. We spent almost two months creating 173 with a new combination of techniques to make it look as realistic as possible. It would have been a shame if we couldn't use him.

Thank you Izumi Kato for letting us use your image. I greatly appreciate it.
Very true, its just that the more unfriendly-sounding side of their community often seems a lot louder than the rest.

C'mon guise. They don't mean to be so jumpy on their conclusions. We've faced many other people who have sworn up and down that they mean good to only find out that they were lying the entire time. Sure they may seem like a group of overly-authoritative staff, but this is only a result of what we've had to go through before.

I've been a member of the community for two years now, and I among many others truly appreciate all of the hard work that everyone involved in Containment Breach and this Live-Action promo are putting in. It's really, REALLY awesome to watch many people put such time and effort into something I love dearly. This community also helped bring in many great authors during the last few years, and has attracted even more faithful fans. I for one, do not look at all of the outlying SCP fan communities as "filthy peasants of the fandom" as Omniary so artfully put it. I see you peeps as the main reason as to why our community has grown so rapidly within these last few years. I'm proud of what everyone's accomplished, and I know many others at the wiki feel the exact same way.

P.S.: Although if I were to request something of this community, it would be to show a little more love for the "lesser known" SCPs on our site. There are many different really great SCPs that are often overshadowed because by the more notorious Series 1 monsters on the site. Please if you could, take some time out everyday to head over to the wiki and hit the "Random SCP" button. Take some time to show some love for the SCPs that many of our authors have put so much time and research into. And if you find you really like, go ahead and make a sketch or create a speed paint of it! Or write a tale on it! Make a sweet video on it! Or maybe even create the next big SCP game! Every article you read counts toward making the site bigger as a whole.

P.S.S.:
Hey, Juicy, want another reason to hate SCP's community? My friend was permanently banned there for quote on quote "acting creepy". I know I'm not helping the situation here, I just felt the need to tell you that.
Absence, I seem to remember someone being kicked from an IRC channel for being to creepy, and of course, he wasn't really being creepy at all, and I voiced my opinion on that. If you could tell me your friend's name, I could put in a good word.

Hmmm, I probably was much too condescending myself in my original post. I don't think the entire wiki itself is like this, it just seems like the population I mentioned likes to rear it's head the most when it concerns the game. The SCP wiki is chock full of different people, just like every community, and I definitely shouldn't have addressed it by that minority. I remember when Lotims first announced the film to the actual wiki, the first four or so posts went along to something of the effect of "meh, why waste your talent on something that has to do with the game?" It certainly does make me happy to see people sort of embracing the game and its popularity, rather than try to keep it a secluded and obscure niche.

As for the lesser known SCPs, it does kind of make me sad, as with the popularity of the game, there is the lost in translation effect, where people just sort of assume SCP as an organization that contains monsters, when some of my favorite articles are as far as from the English word 'monster' as you can get. 085 comes to mind, I've always really wanted to see a short about Cassie. The great thing is, as the game gets more popular, more people will be able to discover SCP in general. I found about it through that short expirimental 087 game from two years ago, which also inspired CB. I feel that it'll only continue in a domino effect from Containment Breach on.

Also, you've guys had a random SCP button? Can't believe I've missed that. I've been using more troglodytic measures like choosing the current time, or picking from the main lists at random.
It slep time bunner.

Optimal wrote:
Hey, Juicy, want another reason to hate SCP's community? My friend was permanently banned there for quote on quote "acting creepy". I know I'm not helping the situation here, I just felt the need to tell you that.
Absence, I seem to remember someone being kicked from an IRC channel for being to creepy, and of course, he wasn't really being creepy at all, and I voiced my opinion on that. If you could tell me your friend's name, I could put in a good word.
The person he's referring to is called 'DocClockwork' on wikidot.

CommanderPro100 wrote:
Optimal wrote:
The person he's referring to is called 'DocClockwork' on wikidot.
Ah. I do remember seeing a DocClockwork around. I don't think he's the same guy that got kicked when I was around, but I do remember his name. I can ask around and try to understand more of what happened and see if I can't convince some people to let him back on.

Omniary wrote:
Mirocaine wrote:What's the official scp community got going with the film? I don't understand how they could be so upset about using 173. I think its great, if you guys got a good space to film, environment props, time and actors / budget. Go for it, I hope its coming along well. :D
I always get the impression that the actual wiki itself has a really cynical tone towards anything related to the game. I mean, there's a ton of really cool peeps there who do like helping out and such, but I feel like a lot of other members think of us as the filthy peasants of the fandom. At least that's the impression I got in the threads on the wiki and reddit relating to this project.
It does. They hate it because of all the new people who come and try to write, but are kind of torn down because of the semi-ridiculous standards.