Izumi Kato (Creator of original sculpture 173) contacted me

Indeed you read the title right.

Izumi Kato, the man who created the original sculpture that was used in the image for 173's article, contacted me.
I emailed him around two months ago about using his image in the live-action promo. There was a major outrage from the foundation about us using his sculpture in our promo. The way we approached it was, if he contacts us saying he does not want it, we can edit 173 out of the script. This worked because I structured the script in a manner where the appearances of the SCP's can be moved around or taken out and such, mainly for this purpose.

Here is the email: http://imgur.com/l5D4IcR

Now there is no need to worry about any legal troubles with the live-action promo, as he indeed did give us permission to use his image. Which means 173 will be in the promo, completely.

It is a relief hearing this since we spent almost two months, solely building 173 to make it look like a real version of the game statue. I think we succeeded.

Counter filming will take place over the next few weeks, while we are constantly building and refining everything. I sent the script out to the authors and Regalis, so far, all of which whom have read it, love it. Which gives me an idea that you guys might like what you see when this thing launches. You may even see some pictures somewhere here soon... ;)

Hope you all enjoy the horrors that is Containment Breach!

-Gage
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

Re: Izumi Kato (Creator of original sculpture 173) contacted

Mirocaine wrote:What's the official scp community got going with the film? I don't understand how they could be so upset about using 173. I think its great, if you guys got a good space to film, environment props, time and actors / budget. Go for it, I hope its coming along well. :D
I always get the impression that the actual wiki itself has a really cynical tone towards anything related to the game. I mean, there's a ton of really cool peeps there who do like helping out and such, but I feel like a lot of other members think of us as the filthy peasants of the fandom. At least that's the impression I got in the threads on the wiki and reddit relating to this project.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote: I always get the impression that the actual wiki itself has a really cynical tone towards anything related to the game. I mean, there's a ton of really cool peeps there who do like helping out and such, but I feel like a lot of other members think of us as the filthy peasants of the fandom. At least that's the impression I got in the threads on the wiki and reddit relating to this project.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of them are just ass holes who take themselves far too seriously.

Mirocaine wrote:What's the official scp community got going with the film? I don't understand how they could be so upset about using 173
They seem to be mad that Izumi decided to respond to me, and not people from the foundation who have been trying to contact him for the past year or so. They have accused me of faking the email and such.
In response, I sent them this:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/forum/t-971832/ ... st-2082988

I am getting tired of this attitude directed towards me from the wiki. That should solve everything.
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

Lotims wrote:
Mirocaine wrote:What's the official scp community got going with the film? I don't understand how they could be so upset about using 173
They seem to be mad that Izumi decided to respond to me, and not people from the foundation who have been trying to contact him for the past year or so. They have accused me of faking the email and such.

I am getting tired of this attitude directed towards me from the wiki. That should solve everything.
Very disappointing.
It slep time bunner.