[Map] SCP Facility

Hello everyone!

I have built a map I would like to share with you.
It focuses much on a realistic map layout and I am heavily keeping to the Wiki regarding the different zones (light containment, heavy containment, entrance), so there won't be offices in light containment zone etc pp.
This will make the map itself somehow harder but also more predictable.

It requires at least Version 1.0.4 as it was created using this version.
The map works with every version up to 1.0.6. No guarantees beyond!

Changelog
Spoiler
:EXPUNGED:
- Start of mapping project
- Completely redid the map as Light Containment Zone Layout were unsatisfactory

2014/09/12
- Initial Release for public test
- Swapped location of intersection connected to SCP-914 with the floor with SCP-1025 and SCP-714 as well as turned the restrooms around by 180° because both rooms were overlapping with SCP-970
- Added changelog to post
- Added "Current features" list
- Uploaded new version, updated DL Link

2014/09/13
- Finished Heavy Containment Zone
-- Added SCP-35's containment chamber
-- Added SCP-106's containment chamber
- Added checkpoint to the Entrance Zone
- Uploaded new version

2014/09/15
- Started working on Entrance Zone
-- Added cafeteria
-- Added named offices (Gears, Maynard, Harp)
-- Added office room with Dr. L's Office and conference room
-- Added Gate B (not accessible yet, as SCP-079 is missing!)
- Was able to test more during the weekend, I can fairly consider the Light Containment Zone to be working without (map) errors now, it should be completely playable and solvable
- Testing Heavy Containment Zone required
- Uploaded new version

2014/09/16
- Finished Entrance Zone (needs more testing)
-- Added SCP-079 :079:
-- Added Gate A
-- Added head office
- Moved short difficulty descriptions of each zone from "Current Features" to "Hints, tipps & tricks" section
- Added colours to this post to make the headlines easier to spot and also make reading this post less of a pain.
-- Also coloured important information
- Testing Heavy Containment Zone required
- Testing Entrance Zone required
- Considering to move / swap location of SCP-106's :106: containment chamber
- Uploaded new version

2014/09/17
- Swapped 106's :106: containment chamber with an endroom, it is much closer now to the Light Containment Zone
- Added SCP-860 Testroom into the Entrance Zone (forgot that one, oops)
- Uploaded new version

2014/09/21
- Added mirrored screenshot which represents the actual ingame-layout

2014/10/08
- Swapped location of SCP-895 and SCP-008
- Started working on detailed map-overview
- Added information about the new version (1.0.5)

2014/11/13
- Added mirrored and coloured screenshot which represents the actual ingame-layout
- Added information about Version 1.0.6

2016/11/21
- Been a long time, but I am back on forum. Fixed some typos in this post
- Tested map on Version 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 and added information about it
The current map can be downloaded here (Dropbox Link): https://db.tt/FW7F3cRK

This map may be edited and shared alike. If you upload it somewhere else, it would be nice to mention me (for those familiar with Creative Commons: Its CC-BY-SA 3.0) :)

Screenshot / Map Layout
Small info:
When you create a map in the creator, the map you encounter ingame will be mirrored, for example if you choose a corner to go to the right and you go that path ingame, the corner will go to the left etc.
Since that can be confusing, all my screenshots match the REAL layout how you will find it ingame. So there should be no confusion about this.
All the screenshots are provided via Dropbox.

General Map Overview (no room identification) Coloured map (shows Containment chambers, exits, containment zones and checkpoints)
Spoiler
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6i82bh7khd0x ... t.jpg?dl=0
I am quite unsatisfied with this one, maybe someone else has an idea to make it better?
Sadly I can not tell you more about the map in general without spoilering, so read at your own risk (may ruin the experience/tension).

General map info
Spoiler
- There will always be gaswalks/lockrooms/tesla gates separate the location of dangerous SCPs from possible exits (Gates + endrooms)
-- These also appear as general hindrance of movement, both to SCPs and rogue Class-Ds, so do not always expect a dead end
- The map will include every SCP and every room available so far
- Generally I try to avoid having the same room twice, excluding empty hallways, corners or intersections
-- I still try not to stretch a zone into unnecessary length, but they are still quite huge.
Current features
Spoiler
Light Containment Zone (FINISHED)
- SCP-372's containment chamber
- SCP-012's containment chamber
- Testroom with SCP-173 :173: (Level 3 Keycard found)
- Several lockrooms, some with the chance to spawn SCP-173 :173: (chance at 40%)
- Storageroom with 2 instances of SCP-939
- SCP-914's containment chamber
- Hallway with SCP-714 and SCP-1025 as well as SCP-860
- Small storage, with SCP-970
- Guard :MTF2: in restrooms, who kills himself
- Entrance to the Heavy Containment Zone is quite near the start of the game, but without going deeper into the Light Containment Zone, you will not be able to continue through the checkpoint

Heavy Containment Zone (FINISHED - Needs testing)
- Several hallways with the chance to spawn SCP-106 :106: or SCP-173 :173: (sometimes unavoidable)
- Serverroom with SCP-096 :096: and a guard (can be skipped through a longer way where you will meet SCP-173 :173: instead)
- SCP-682's containment chamber :682:
- SCP-008's containment chamber
- SCP-895's containment chamber
- SCP-513's containment chamber :513: (going through this skips a possible encounter with SCP-106 :106: , so kinda a shortcut)
- 3-way gaswalks with possible encounter of anomalous ducks :duck:
- Room with the nuclear warheads
- SCP-049's :049: containment chamber (can be avoided entirely if you take a long route around or if you have the severed hand)
- Room with elevator to the Maintenance tunnels (leads towards Entrance Zone and SCP-106's :106: containment chamber)
- SCP-035's :035: containment chamber
- SCP-106's :106: containment chamber

Entrance Zone (FINISHED - Needs more testing)
- Cafeteria (with SCP-294)
- Tesla gates, to hinder SCP and Class D movement
- Offices of Dr. Gears, Dr. Maynard, Dr. Harp and Dr. L as well as the conference room
- Head Office
- 2 Serverrooms with chance of SCP-173 spawning
- SCP-079's :079_2: containment chamber
- SCP-860's testroom
- 1 Lockroom, with SCP-096 being the "last boss" before Gate A.
- Some general offices
Hints, tipps & tricks
Spoiler
- Very quiet and calm beginning, the only real threat is SCP-173
- The Heavy Containment Zone ramps up the difficulty, there will be many more encounters with SCP-173 :173: and also SCP-106 :106: . Other hostile entities join the hunt for rogue Class D's and unlucky scientists/guards (SCP-096)
- The Entrance Zone will require good SCP-173 :173: evasion skills, as it has a high chance to spawn, while MTF :MTF: patrols the facility.
- There will be multiple ways throughout the zones so it should be possible to avoid MTF entirely if you spot them soon enough.
- Thanks to That Same Anon: To be able to acquire a level 5 card you will have to put a level 4 card through SCP-914 on Fine. A level 4 keycard can only be found in SCP-106's :106: containment chamber. You will either have to backtrack to do this or gain an Omnicard beforehand.
- Some SCPs will be quite unavoidable (f.e. 173, 106, 096), while some can be avoided entirely
- There may still be something interesting behind a gaswalk/lockroom/tesla gate
- SCP-049 may be entirely avoided by either using a severed hand or going a longer way around the door
- You MUST go through the storage (with SCP-939) otherwise you will not be able to reach SCP-914
- You MUST go through the maintenance tunnels, otherwise you will not be able to reach the Entrance Zone
- Gate B is far easier to reach and access than Gate A.
Current Status:
Light Containment Zone: FINISHED
Heavy Containment Zone: FINISHED
Entrance Zone: FINISHED

Total completion: 100%
Last edited by BaxterR on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 36 times in total.

Re: [Map] SCP Facility

sdjas you got my hopes up i thought it was this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =125884961

good luck anyhow.

EDIT:
(since to my knowledge, a Level 5 keycard, which is required to enter the Entrance Zone, can only be found in the Head Office, which is located in the Entrance Zone)
the keycard progression goes like this

>find level 1 in room2closets
>use it to open room2test, get level 2
>open SCP-914 with level 2, put it on "fine" to get level 3
>go to heavy containment
>find a level 4 in areas like 106's chamber control booth
>upgrade THAT on fine
>get level 5!!1!1!!
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

Thanks for your comments and feedback! The map has been updated as well as the changelog.
Keep checking the changelog regularly to see if there is any new.
That Same Anon wrote:sdjas you got my hopes up i thought it was this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =125884961

good luck anyhow.

EDIT:
(since to my knowledge, a Level 5 keycard, which is required to enter the Entrance Zone, can only be found in the Head Office, which is located in the Entrance Zone)
the keycard progression goes like this

>find level 1 in room2closets
>use it to open room2test, get level 2
>open SCP-914 with level 2, put it on "fine" to get level 3
>go to heavy containment
>find a level 4 in areas like 106's chamber control booth
>upgrade THAT on fine
>get level 5!!1!1!!
Hello That Same Anon, that Steam workshop item has been submitted by someone else, that's not my work.

Thanks for the information about the key card, I added it into the "Hints" section, with credit going to you :wink:
Theimperfectbeing wrote:
That Same Anon wrote:Snip-snip
It's still a lot of unnecessary backtracking.
Hey Theimperfectbeing
Could you explain that a little more detailed?
Are you just talking about backtracking from 106's containment chamber to SCP-914 or is there more I may have not recognized yet?
sumogypsyfish wrote:Please keep this going, too many map threads have already died for you to give up on this.

Now that the emotional encouragement is out of the way, I'll just say it's sounding good.
Hello sumogypsyfish,

I am trying to :D
To be honest I've started this work several times from 0.9.3 onwards, but I never finished it.
This time it was completely redone and I am quite satisfied with my work so far, so I am motivated to go on.

You are free to try it out :D

BaxterR wrote:
Theimperfectbeing wrote: Hey Theimperfectbeing
Are you just talking about backtracking from 106's containment chamber to SCP-914 or is there more I may have not recognized yet?
Yeah, that's what I meant. I would suggest putting SCP-106's room in the beginning or middle of the Heavy Containment Zone. Putting it in near the end of the Heavy Containment Zone would make it too time consuming.

EDIT: I read the layout. Is the maintenance tunnel at the middle or end of the HCZ?
eric

Hi everyone!

I am proud to inform you that the map's layout is finished and every room is available!

It would be much appreciated if you test it.
Maybe someone even would like to "Let's Play" it? :D

Have fun!
Theimperfectbeing wrote:
BaxterR wrote:
Theimperfectbeing wrote: Hey Theimperfectbeing
Yeah, that's what I meant. I would suggest putting SCP-106's room in the beginning or middle of the Heavy Containment Zone. Putting it in near the end of the Heavy Containment Zone would make it too time consuming.

EDIT: I read the layout. Is the maintenance tunnel at the middle or end of the HCZ?
Hi Theimperfectbeing,

I will see what I can do, the map is quite finished right now, but it should not be too much trouble to swap some rooms / containment chambers.
About the tunnels:
Spoiler
The maintenance tunnels are at the very end, after them, there is only 1 intersection leading to the checkpoint to the entrance zone and to SCP-106's containment chamber. Now that means you will have to get through them at least three times.
That reminds me that you have to go through the storage room in Light Containment at least 2 times aswell to access SCP-914 and SCP-714.
Do you think I should move the storage area aswell and make it optional? At the moment you are forced to go through it.

BaxterR wrote:Hi everyone!

I
Spoiler
The maintenance tunnels are at the very end, after them, there is only 1 intersection leading to the checkpoint to the entrance zone and to SCP-106's containment chamber. Now that means you will have to get through them at least three times.
That reminds me that you have to go through the storage room in Light Containment at least 2 times aswell to access SCP-914 and SCP-714.
Do you think I should move the storage area aswell and make it optional? At the moment you are forced to go through it.
The storage with 939 is quite easy to get around when you know what to do. I think you should keep it as an unavoidable path.
eric