Issues on ASUS RoG g74 BBK-7

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

After seeing a few videos of Markiplier playing this, I decided to give it a shot as well as SCP B.

B works fine. Containment Breach does not work well at all.
Game loads fine and the menu works fine. This is at ANY video resolution. Once you actually get into the game either intro or just popping into the map, the game stutters hard.

3fps

This shouldn't be happening on a Sandy Bridge i7 and 2GB nVidia 560gtx M. Should be up-to-date drivers as well.

No other game has done this to me since I tried playing Skyrim on a Ati Phenom 600 series with a HD 4250 laptop. It was that bad.
I am sure I have tried other Blitz based products before as I used to have Blitz at one point for giggles. Never had issues before.

I tried every option on/off that is available.

So, what now?

EDIT: Just tested on my Lenovo Ideapad s405. It has terrible specs. AMD a6 4000 series(low vltage) with g7500 APU. Runs fluent 50fps standard framelimit at max resolution. No stuttering at all.
Windows 8(not 8.1 even) is the OS.

Re: Issues on ASUS RoG g74 BBK-7

nightscout01 wrote:Have you tried re-downloading the game?

Why , in God's name, would I redownload something that works perfectly fine on another machine?
File corruption also wouldn't make a video game stutter during the game. It would crash the game as corruption causes errors to be sent to the OS(or whatever you are using to handle crashes).
The game would then lock-up completely or give you a standard This Program Is Not Responding pop-up.

Redownloading would solve nothing if the game works fine on another, extremely less powerful machine. I'll just play it on the ultrabook even though I was wanting to have my family member play it later and record his reaction to it. Can't record and play at the same time on an ultrabook.

It just perplexes me that this game also uses over a full gigabyte of memory once you load into a map. Optimization should really be looked into at some point. I know I am running 12 gigs on my rig, but that's still a huge amount for such a "small" game.

There is also no CPU issue either as the game stays at about 10%+- 5% usage regardless if I am in the menu or the 3fps game.

If you want to pursue this matter further, you could emulate Windows XP or lower. Be a pioneer and tell us if it improves your performance, because chances are that Blitz3D, as juanjpro says, is not (as) compatible with modern platforms and operating systems. Chances are, XP will handle it better.

Options for emulating XP include:
  • Actually installing XP to a different hard drive and dual-booting it - not recommended; can fuckup normal OS install
  • Installing Linux and using Wine - not recommended; a bit of a beat-around-the-bush solution
  • Use one of the various softwares that emulate an OS within your current OS - best option, still not recommended.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote:If you want to pursue this matter further, you could emulate Windows XP or lower. Be a pioneer and tell us if it improves your performance, because chances are that Blitz3D, as juanjpro says, is not (as) compatible with modern platforms and operating systems. Chances are, XP will handle it better.

Options for emulating XP include:
  • Actually installing XP to a different hard drive and dual-booting it - not recommended; can fuckup normal OS install
  • Installing Linux and using Wine - not recommended; a bit of a beat-around-the-bush solution
  • Use one of the various softwares that emulate an OS within your current OS - best option, still not recommended.
My response to this is then why does SCP CB work fine on a Windows 8(not even 8.1) machine? Just confused as to why Windows 7 would run an old engine based game WORSE than Windows 8.
Hell, I only own one machine that still has Windows XP on it and that's one of those old Acer ONE netbooks from 2009. Everything else is Vista and newer or Linux.
I also don't have bandwidth to be downloading OS discs.

My Windows 7 isn't Professional, so I don't have the Windows XP mode. I could try something with VirtualBox and Linux but then that would be like running an emulator (WINE) inside a virtual OS...xD
I haven't tried running it on my desktop yet.

Intel q9550 Core 2 Quad @ 2.84ghz
AMD 4850 HD @ 512megs
8gigs DDR3
Vista Home Premium 64-bit

From 2008 but still pretty good at handling quite a bit. Should get a new graphics card sometime - I just don't use the desktop much anymore to justify it. :/

If SCP CB runs great on the desktop, I'll be able to play and record just fine. :D

InMemorium wrote: My Windows 7 isn't Professional, so I don't have the Windows XP mode.
Microsoft has discontinued Windows XP Mode for Windows 7 Professional since Windows XP's discontinuation in April 8, 2014.
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

Update

Game works great on dekstop except for a memory access violation on reload.
However, OBS doesn't record the game properly. Many 3d objects flicker very badly on the recorded footage even though my webcam stays fine.

Now, I did record some footage of SCP the stairwell on my Asus. It recorded great and ran great.

Just still trying to figure out why CB won't run properly.

It starts at 100fps but as soon as 1 second passes, it drops to 3fps.

InMemorium wrote:Update

Game works great on dekstop except for a memory access violation on reload.
However, OBS doesn't record the game properly. Many 3d objects flicker very badly on the recorded footage even though my webcam stays fine.

Now, I did record some footage of SCP the stairwell on my Asus. It recorded great and ran great.

Just still trying to figure out why CB won't run properly.

It starts at 100fps but as soon as 1 second passes, it drops to 3fps.
Try running it windowed and using OBS to record the area of the desktop that the window is in. That's what I do when OBS doesn't record the game's display.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile