Re: SCP:CB to Source Engine

Regalis wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:
Tesseron wrote:Found copies of SCP:CB 6.6 and up here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/scp-contai ... /downloads
They have .b3d files of the rooms so I will experiment and see what I can do.
Use v0.9.1 instead, download's here. These are probably the most up-to-date .b3d room meshes you can get without asking Regalis, cause every version after this uses rmesh.
Here's a .rar file with all the latest 3DW files (well, excluding SCP-966's containment chamber).
ALL HAIL THE REG
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

That Same Anon wrote:I'm digging the 173 room, but i'm pretty sure that's been done a lot already.(unless these are VERY LARGE physics models) After you get the big few down, I'd say go for some less known ones like say, the fan hallway.
Yeah, the room was shown just to show off how porting went. I will most likely finish porting the models before starting with the levels. The levels will take A lot more work (optimizing, texturing, patching, tweaking) and will require the models to be finished for proper accuracy. I will also have to fully build the map from chunks because the whole random level generated system of the game. I did test other areas such as a random in between hallways, 106's trench, Gate A, and 106's containment room. They all successfully ported but need to be resized as the room is 2x larger than normal in Source.

juanjpro wrote:Make almost everything func_detail.
That would not be very smart, if you do it to much the compiler will crash frequently. And other problems will occur.
You only func_detail things that do not obstruct view. So in a game like SCP CB, there is not much to func_detail.
Also, don't know if the OP knows but never make the walls func_detail. It will make a leak most of the time.
SCP Mobile Task Force Mod
ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/scpmtf

Hebbocake wrote:
That would not be very smart, if you do it to much the compiler will crash frequently. And other problems will occur.
You only func_detail things that do not obstruct view. So in a game like SCP CB, there is not much to func_detail.
Also, don't know if the OP knows but never make the walls func_detail. It will make a leak most of the time.
I wasn't being serious when I said that, but there's a lot of stuff you can make func_detail. In the intro room, there are the beams on the ceiling, the railing of the balcony, the desks under the bridge, the round tunnels, and probably a few other things. Those would create too many visleaves if they were regular brushes.

juanjpro wrote:
Hebbocake wrote:
I wasn't being serious when I said that, but there's a lot of stuff you can make func_detail. In the intro room, there are the beams on the ceiling, the railing of the balcony, the desks under the bridge, the round tunnels, and probably a few other things. Those would create too many visleaves if they were regular brushes.
Well, can't really read your sarcasm.. :P
But that stuff is useful to be func_detailed yes. We don't want too many visleaves.. :)
SCP Mobile Task Force Mod
ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/scpmtf