SCP:CB to Source Engine

Don't worry this isn't a thread about changing the engine SCP:CB is on (god forbid we have enough of those). This thread is to show my progress converting the assets to Source Engine for use in Garry's Mod or Source Filmmaker. I know this has been done before by (Steam User) Vinrax but he only converted 7 models. I plan to convert most if not all models. If also possible I will convert the room mesh's in order to make a 100% accurate SCP:CB Facility. As of making this thread I already have SCP-079 and SCP-173 (including his cage) ported. I will post WIP here and Source Filmmaker rendered final pics on my DeviantArt.
Make sure to check the WIP images below as I update and to this thread with new images.
DeviantArt: http://unknownspeedalicorn.deviantart.c ... 937271/SCP
WIP Images below (Updated as of 6/26/15 11:34 pm)
Spoiler
079 Images With Assorted Skins
173 Images
HazmatSuit
NightVisionGoggles
Gasmask
EyeDropper With Assorted Skins
Keycard with Assorted Skins
FirstAidKit with assorted skins
Electronics
Keypad Button
SCP-420-J
SCP-513
SCP Battery
SCP-1123
I don't plan on releasing any of the ported models until I have fixed all bugs, optimized, organized, and confirmed they work correctly.
Last edited by Tesseron on Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:34 am, edited 12 times in total.

Re: SCP:CB to Source Engine

Again, the content of this game is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License

Your free to do whatever you want with any material in the game, as long as you give credit to the original authors. Now if your attempting to make a Source Mod conversion of SCP:CB you'll probably catch the skepticism of most of the game community because 95% of other conversion projects end up canceled or indefinite limbo. I'm positive the GMOD community would appreciate this though.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Astray488
>Previously known as Mirocaine.

This is pretty radical, nice work so far! While the models are looking super tasty as of now, I'm super interested to hear how porting over the rooms goes. The available versions of the CB Facility in Gmod are decent, but don't really capture the look of the game for the most part.

Keep up the good work on the conversions!
It slep time bunner.

While porting models I came across this .
I was very confused when loading the model as it was texture-less and just a 2D square, thinking I did something wrong.
Then I loaded the texture and found that this was the correct model.

The model is just a 2D square with a picture of a key on it. GG modelers.
I am not upset just happily surprised. Seriously that's awesome. :laugh:
The white is usually transparent so that's why it may look weird.

Well, the original modeler made both an actual key model, and a 2D single poly version, I'd give you the download for the original model but it seems that the link's gone 404'd (no surprise, it was 3 years ago and a Dropbox link). I'm not sure if anyone else here has the original model, but you could try PMing Regalis about it. He might also have some other model sources, same goes with that thread from the old forums (like this 3ds Max file for the 106 model!) Same goes for any of the modelers that are still hanging around (very few).
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Well, the original modeler made both an actual key model, and a 2D single poly version, I'd give you the download for the original model but it seems that the link's gone 404'd (no surprise, it was 3 years ago and a Dropbox link). I'm not sure if anyone else here has the original model, but you could try PMing Regalis about it. He might also have some other model sources, same goes with that thread from the old forums (like this 3ds Max file for the 106 model!) Same goes for any of the modelers that are still hanging around (very few).
Damn, I think i actually had that 3D version downloaded back then, but I lost it when I switched computers a year later. :/
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Omniary wrote:Well, the original modeler made both an actual key model, and a 2D single poly version
It's fine, I just find it strange why they didn't go for a 3D model maybe just time and resources. It does make it easier on my end.

I am having trouble with the room meshes though as I am trying to find ways I can turn them into a VMF.
If I can get the room mesh loaded in max then I can turn it into a vmf from there. Easy way
I also could turn the source 3DW files in to a .map (which requires purchasing 3D World studio). Then take the .map open it in the old hammer save it as a .rmf. Open it in the new hammer and save it as a .vmf. Long/hard way.

Tesseron wrote:I am having trouble with the room meshes though as I am trying to find ways I can turn them into a VMF.
All the room meshes are in a .rmesh format, which isn't even a real format so I don't think they can be opened with any 3D modelling program. If you can track down any pre-v0.9.2 downloads of the game, the room meshes in those will be in .b3d format.
Tesseron wrote:(which requires purchasing 3D World studio).
If you want I can provide an alternative method of getting it *cough* *cough*