The Containment Breach Wiki (Wikia still up)

So.. I have a question related to the wiki, therefore CB itself...
The SCP Containment breach wiki is hosted on Gamepedia now is it not?

My question is, why is this wiki still up? Shouldn't it be taken down like the old old wiki was? If it's due to Regalis' schedule, I apologise. If it isn't due to his schedule, then I don't see a reason for it to exist. It is considered outdated by the community, and virtually everyone is praising the switch to Gamepedia. Regalis also disliked the Wikia platform, which was the reason for the switch.
In my opinion, that is a good enough argument for why it should be taken down. And for those who somehow don't know about the switch, there should be either a message saying "Sorry! This wiki is hosted at http://scpcb.gamepedia.com/SCP_-_Contai ... reach_Wiki now!" or a redirect that takes you to the wiki.
Last edited by AgentParadox on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: The Containment Breach wiki

juanjpro wrote:Some other guys got admin rights on that wiki and they don't want to let it die, so it's still there.
Ah.. I suppose that explains its coexistence with the better wiki

Cridone wrote:Wikia will never let a redirect or some form of message informing users about the new Gamepedia wiki be put onto it. They're very fucking stubborn.
Oh... That's another reason to hate them besides their craving for money! :roll:

It should just be taken down and archived, to show people what the wiki once was. That's an idea.

As the person who originally made that wiki, I can explain.

Short Version: Cause the people who host the Wikia network are dickheads.

Longer, Cleaner Version: In order for a wiki on the Wikia network to get deleted, you must send a request to have it deleted (which in itself is already stupid), and a higher up on their network will overlook your request. When I first put in a deletion request, they denied it. Why exactly? Well, the response they gave me was nothing but an automated message, so idk.

Next thing I did was erase the homepage and put up a link to the new Gamepedia wiki. The link was taken down within like, 5 minutes by a Wikia staff member (probably cause they have some system to detect whenever a wiki is linked that's not their's, totally not egotistical). Tried it two more times, same thing. Then, one of their staff members emailed me, telling me that I wasn't allowed to link to Gamepedia as per their terms of use (even though their terms of use never says "do not link to other wiki networks"). I asked why, and they said its because they have special guidelines as to what happens to wikis once they fork to a new platform.

To put that into perspective, here's what they're saying:

You wanna delete a wiki you made? Ok sure, they'll do that.
You wanna delete a wiki you made that you moved to a platform besides Wikia? Oh no, you guys aren't allowed.

So essentially, their just being dicks towards people who don't want their wiki on the Wikia platform any longer.

But here comes the best part, when I questioned them on these guidelines, me, and every other administrator on the CB wiki at that time, were revoked of their rights and permanently banned. Not just on the CB wiki, but across any wiki on their network.

So the lesson here is, if you use anything other then wikia to host at wiki, then Wikia has the right to ban you from their entire network, gg. Either that, or they just want to rank in that sweet adsense revenue since the wiki is still visited by hundreds of users.

CommanderPro100 wrote:-snip-
Jeez. What a bunch of :duck: , Wikia!
Ahem.. I dislike how there are still corrupt websites and stuff like Wikia (which, I believe should have never existed in the first place). Curse is an awesome, if not the best, wiki platform.

People have their culture on Wikia wikis like Uncyclopedia, but that stuff is truly awful in my opinion, and can only evoke such nasties as flame wars and angry PMs, in short I dislike Wikia, and my only non-regret to making my own Wikia account was before the SCP wiki was moved to Gamepedia.

E̶d̶i̶t̶:̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶y̶ ̶(̶N̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶a̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶c̶e̶n̶s̶o̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶s̶h̶o̶t̶)̶.̶

Update: As CommanderPro100 predicted, my request too, was rejected, for reasons of "Oh no we liek this wikky pweez dont abandun it!" I am not trying to make Wikia staff members look dumb, I just strongly disagree with their policies.
Spoiler
CommanderPro100 wrote:
KirbyMario12345 wrote:So I sent my request, and now have to wait for a reply (Names were redacted in my request, and a bunch of stuff censored in my screenshot).
Err, that's probably not going to work. They're not gonna delete a wiki because some random user who's never edited there asked it to.

Also, I really hope you didn't mention any of our names in that request.
I've actually edited the wikia a bunch of times, and also on several other wikis (By the way, my Wikia username is actually WikiEditingNerd and not KM12345)
Also, I'd never, EVER betray us SCP fans :) I put [REDACTED] for one name, and didn't use any other names. I didn't use the word "Suggest" either. I remember also mentioning how the loss of one Wikia in a thousand or more is a tiny loss, and that people will still use Wikia, regardless. That's all I really remember, but for security, I hid y'all under my wing(s). You are safe. :)
Last edited by AgentParadox on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

KirbyMario12345 wrote:So I sent my request, and now have to wait for a reply (Names were redacted in my request, and a bunch of stuff censored in my screenshot).
Err, that's probably not going to work. They're not gonna delete a wiki because some random user who's never edited there asked it to.

Also, I really hope you didn't mention any of our names in that request.

Re: The Containment Breach Wiki (Wikia still up)

KirbyMario12345 wrote:Uhhh.... Long story short, the Wikia wiki is being vandalised at this current time.
Spoiler
Jake the Autistic 11 Year Old. Seems legit.

Fancy how the official Wikia staff cannot maintain their own Wiki.
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)