Re: I just noticed that SCP-1025 model and texture is wrong.

Ninjabuntu wrote:The real issue is the Senseless, Pointless, and downright rude nature of quoting nothing with a "-snip-". Snipping the Parts that are not being address is one thing. Snipping everything is paramount to saying "Your Words are Wasted, and you have nothing I need to hear."
It's not our problem if you take offence to someone not re-quoting an entire post to make a one sentence response. We're not trying to be rude, it's just a (mostly) global convention regarding quoting large posts on forums when you want to reply to them.
Ninjabuntu wrote:The Ignorance comes when you start a post this way as it is well rather rude and insulting.
Ninjabuntu wrote:If one where to honestly not realize that is rude and a bit insulting.
Ok I can understand having different principles on what's rude and what isn't but don't treat your opinion like it's a fact.
Ninjabuntu wrote:If one reads that and assumes that I am just being an ass. Well, go ahead and assume all you want. Hell I am freely admitting i am being a bit of an ass in like to ass behavior.
Admitting you're an ass doesn't justify being one.

EDIT;
Ninjabuntu wrote:If this is your Baby, I am truly sorry to ripping it apart and calling you a lazy modeler. But the Claim stands, and I won't retract it.
Really? You're going to call people who use -snip- rude when you are claiming that the person who based 1025's model off the official Foundation photo is lazy? Because they didn't follow the color scheme of some other random editing of the book you have that's so-obviously the correct one.
Last edited by CommanderMark on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hmmm. Well to get back on topic. My current sub project is almost finished. A few more minor additions and it will be ready for use. Took me longer then normal, but I am happy with it.
From Intake Log for D-7165-68, Male, Caucasian, Age 28:
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."

I... actually do not really see the point in making 1025 look more like the real encyclopedia. I know you might be feeling quite irritated that something based off an empirical object isn't portrayed as accurately as you may want it to be. We even have some SCPs that don't look what they are supposed to look:
049 is actually supposed to look more monastic than how he looks in CB.
079 doesn't even have an avatar photo in its article.
106 to some degree, his model has a vest of some sort and I can't see it on the original photo (well, it might just be a trick of the eye)
173's original photo features it having grooves or whatever it's called in English. I have a word in my native language to describe it but honestly it doesn't have a direct translation.
And I just cited the most popular SCPs now.
It's also no biggie for me if the model would be changed to be as close as it can to the real stuff. It's just a minor change, but as I've said before, there's actually no push for the SCPs (heck, even the P90s seem a bit too small) to look accurate.

Olivine wrote:I... actually do not really see the point in making 1025 look more like the real encyclopedia. I know you might be feeling quite irritated that something based off an empirical object isn't portrayed as accurately as you may want it to be.
Your right. There is no point for it as far as Containment Breach is concerned. It was an offer of a more accurate model as the end intent. In the spirit of share and share alike.

-Sigh- I'm gonna have to talk about it again, aren't I? -Sigh-

I was working on it anyways. My own [DATA EXPUNGED DUE TO MEMETIC REASONS] that happens to have a few of the SCPs that Containment Breach also features. It's hard not to use them because:
Spoiler
(A) my game and it's contents exist in the Same Fictional Universe,
(B) They are just so gosh darn cool and can be translated into game mechanics so well,
(C) I am Memeticly compelled to do so.
(D) Why not.
(F) Reasons.
While I could just take the models I needed from an already established game legally, due to Creative Commons so hard to miss on the SCP-wiki. I decided that I can take a look at the Content but not take. Most of the Fun for me as a Modder and later as a Garage Game Designer/Developer is making all of the art assets myself. Seeing how I was already doing it. I decided to point out that Containment Breach version, while model based on a single image, wrong due to the photos crap lighting. The picture was taken to show the item for sales not accuracy.

You may not see the point in it. That is fine, very few will. In my case and position I can not help but see the point of it. Lest i be accused of stealing from Regalis and all the others who have contributed to a great Indy Horror Game.

Sadly I let exhaustion, weather induced pain, and a personal matter sway my reactions.

Now, there are cases where the artist has to take liberties with the model to separate it from the original or have to make educated guess. Lets Run down each of your point in order.
Olivine wrote:We even have some SCPs that don't look what they are supposed to look:
049 is actually supposed to look more monastic than how he looks in CB.
SCP-049? I have no issue with it. The picture is a close up of only the face. Respectfully Please explain to me where we get the Monastic Look from? what does that even mean? I am curious.

would have been cool if he had the hat rather then the hood. Like this.
Spoiler
This guy inspires me to Sully my shorts better then the bird face hoodie enthusiast. that and it's a pimp as :REDACTED: hat...
Olivine wrote:079 doesn't even have an avatar photo in its article.
SCP-079? it does not on Wiki. but we also know that it's "Exidy Sorcerer microcomputer built in 1978" and a simple google search shows us this.
Spoiler
The monitor is different from this photo. But at the time there where a couple of compatible monitors that where vastly cheaper at the time. The One in game is looks like the one my cousin had.
Olivine wrote:106 to some degree, his model has a vest of some sort and I can't see it on the original photo (well, it might just be a trick of the eye)
SCP-106? on the wiki photo does have a sleevless Shirt or vest like article. you can also clearly see the buttons. Look Closer.
Spoiler
Olivine wrote:173's original photo features it having grooves or whatever it's called in English. I have a word in my native language to describe it but honestly it doesn't have a direct translation.
SCP-173. Untitled 2004 (the original Sculpture in the image) has a penis bulge where SCP-173 in Containment Breach does not.
Spoiler
The face painted on the original is different then in game as well.

This model is a perfect example of when an artist needs to take liberties with the art. It breaks the link from the Sculpture and Photo and yet is easy to identify as what it supposed to be. There is a very real threat that Izumi Kato could try and halt use of SCP-173. there are ways to protect ones self and this one is it along with another key step.

Should Regalis choose to remove the photo from the SCP doc about 173 and replace it with nothing or a Screen capture from in the game or of the model, he would be in the clear.

But that is a separate matter and a separate thread.
Olivine wrote:And I just cited the most popular SCPs now. It's also no biggie for me if the model would be changed to be as close as it can to the real stuff. It's just a minor change, but as I've said before, there's actually no push for the SCPs (heck, even the P90s seem a bit too small) to look accurate.
Yes, I agree. and the Walking animation? But since the game is a survival horror centered around the removal empowerment from the player and the Main Character both. This can actually slide a bit.

My bigger beef is with the P90 in general. Such a stupid gun that is. At least my own personal Opinion of the weapon itself. MP5, G36C, AR15 or some other would have been better. Guess the staff in the armory depot watch a lot of Stargate SG1 and Play -gasp- Counter strike.

In the end of all this, I am comfortable with my model "as is" for it's alpha state. Later much more work will go into it, mainly texture. But it's pretty much near it's final shape and ready to go.

-Sigh- I try so hard to keep it short but I always write walls of text. -Sigh-
Last edited by Ninjabuntu on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."

Child Muncher wrote:I'm sorry but this is just turning into you talking about your own SCP game.
Sadly, as hard as I tried to avoid it, and I so wanted to not talk about it, I do agree with.

Wanted very hard not to but, questions where asked and I couldn't avoid it with out.
Child Muncher wrote:This should just be in the "Other SCP Games" section.
Yet Again. I Agree with you there.