I just noticed that SCP-1025 model and texture is wrong.

My mom and dad have this exact same book at their home and it took me a while to realize this, but the Model and texture of this in Containment Breach is 100% wrong in a few key ways.

The first is that the cover is a forest green with a sort of light lime green text. Not Black-ish.

The paper over time has aged to be yellow which is very common from books of that time period. Also there are sort of blackish spot splatter texture on the paper edges for decorative purposes.

Next The model itself is too thin. The books actual Dimension are about 9x6x2.5 inches ( 22.86 x 16.24 x 6.35 Centimeters ) the book appears in game as being about the 1.5 times widths and height but only about half the size depth.

the fact that the book s show with it's dust cover on and that there is only the spine title on it with out the dust cover, it's kinda no big deal to just sans the dust cover in the model. but the spine and front of the book should be a forest green rather then black and the book thickened to represent the actual thing that is shown on the SCPwiki and in real-life.

Heck you can buy this book still for a few US Dollars, and i plan on doing just this very thing for love of the SCP lore. My folks wont part with their copy sadly.
Here is the more accurate depiction of the book. I have taken some liberties with the Publishers Name and Logo, as well as the back cover as i can't remember exactly what it says and the one image i have found online lacks detail to read it and has a big light flare making most of it unreadable. My version lacks the Spots Splotches as of yet but the model i nearly done and a new Normal map is almost ready.

There are jokes on the back cover in this version.
Maybe I'll release this new version for Undertow to use in future updates. but first i need to make a High Poly version and bake the normals of that into the Nomal Map of the Low Poly version.
The model shown only has 68 tris.
Last edited by Ninjabuntu on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
From Intake Log for D-7165-68, Male, Caucasian, Age 28:
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."

Re: I just noticed that SCP-1025 model and texture is wrong.

Oh I do realize this.

I don't think you realize that the book actually exist, and that the Book in the wiki is not actually black.

Here let me enlighten you.
Spoiler
or you can check out.
Spoiler
or the best one of all that i have found using Goodle with "The Encyclopedia of Common Diseases" is this one...
Spoiler
the Source Picture that the SCP-Wiki shows is a modifies version of this one. And that is Only to "Redact" the Authors Group Name.
The person who took the picture used a very crappy lighting setup which makes the cover look Black-ish. It's not.

The actual book in about two and a half inches thick. 277 Chapters over the Span of 1296 pages.

It not no one inch thick volume, and no, it is most definitely not black... A little research into the actually book would have easily shown the modeler this in a few google searches. If you are gonna represent an SCP that uses a source image of an real and actual Object. Make it fit the basics of this real objects if not 100%...

I will agree, Finding the Font that was used on the Cover was a bit of a bear. Had to use a Font Finder online using the Original Image. Also My green is a bit more bright the the actual book, but that because it's supposed to be found in a low light situation. Next, because I don't live with my folk, I couldn't replicate the actual back cover exactly and as you can see from one of the example images I have shown.

There is a major lighting and pixel quality issue that renders the text almost unreadable in areas. Since the Majority of what is found on the Back won't be seen. I used this to place some jokes or two because honestly, what are the chances that a player will actually see the back of the book.

Now if you'll excuse me. I have some spelling errors to correct and a few details to add to the High Poly Mesh for baking to the Low Poly.
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."

SyphenTV wrote:There's no point in texturing a back unless someone implements a mod where you can view items like in SOMA, or if someone makes a mod where you can interact with the environment, picking up and spinning shit like in Amnesia.
How about a whole game of ones own design?

Maybe part of the game is to manipulate the Object. or in my case maybe the inventory screen allows for a sort of Skyrim styled Item inspection where the player can turn it all around to get a closer look at it or just to find the hidden jokes.

Maybe then there is a point to focus on the whole model don't you think?

Yeah. I think there is a point. :D :D :D

honestly, I am offering my modeling services as a courtesy to the game that helped in a large part to inspire my own story that I wanted to tell.

Take it or not, just thought I would offer.

As a Little Update. Version 0.1 of SCP-1025 is already done. The corrected Diffuse Texture and a usable Normal mat for the paper filler area is all done. the model ended up being exactly 200 Tris. a bit heavier then i would have liked but has the shape and size that I needed.

Now just need to make a space in my game world to tuck this little thing into for the player to find.

Before you ask:
No it's not a remake of Containment Breach.
no I am not stealing any of the Content from it.
Yes it will be it's own game and story.
Finally, it is largely NOT a horror game that uses Jump Scares as a mechanic.

Think more Open Confinement Worldspace rather then seeded procedural levels. It all about Exploration and Investigation with random but difficulty level aware events on the way from point A to point B.

Now I've said too much.

I am issuing you all a Class B Amnesiac and This Thread is now Classified Level 4 (Top Secret)

Wait! What do you mean I don't have the authority to... Well that suck...

Cridone wrote:-snip-
Very Rude. Serves no purpose. Best not to quote at all. Shows a bit of ignorance as well. But I don't know much about you, so that not a call I am willing to make at this point.

Moving on.

It is very much about Containment Breach and the fact that I am making a more accurate model.

My own project wasn't the point but as the question came up I answered it.

However at this early point of Development. I am not willing to talk further about my project much more then that. I do plan in the future to promote my own project in a little more detail and even allow the Containment Breach Community First access. But for now it is too early to say much more.

I have already said more then I actually wanted to but I am allowing that leaked amount of details stand. Only as a reason why one would in fact want and/or need to model the back side of an otherwise static prop that lays flat on it's backside until picked up and stored in the inventory.

The main point is to let the community know that the Model and Texture of 1025 is Wrong, and that i am in the process of making a more "Inspiration Source" correct version if Ragalis or anyone else working in the SCP Universe wish to make use of it.

You can see this as a shameless plug for my own project all you wish, but the fact remains I am still passionately asserting that the Model Currently in Containment Breach seemed wrong when I first came across it. Continued to seem wrong when I opened up the content files to take a look at what the original Artist had done.

Finally after remembering my Dad telling me to get the "Green Book" when my brother came down with something that we hadn't experienced before.

Once I had that memory, I realized the prop was in fact wrong and I decided to fix it. Both for myself, and Ragalis, whom I really respect for his work on CB. If He or anyone else wants it. I will Send a Copy to them of the most current version along with many of my other SCP models. Some of which are not already in the game.

Think of this more as a general Topic about how one should not be a lazy modeler and do a lot more research on what it is they are trying to replicate.

If this is your Baby, I am truly sorry to ripping it apart and calling you a lazy modeler. But the Claim stands, and I won't retract it.

On the the other hand you could be like the Guy that made SCP-294 and Over model the SCP. I mean really there are so many polygons that are ultimately useless and curve where none are needed, can be seen or even present in the original image. But other then a drop in poly, that model does not need to be replaced.

So are you you happy with my answer? Likely not, but who cares. This debate is fun as hell.

Ninjabuntu wrote:
Very Rude. Serves no purpose. Best not to quote at all. Shows a bit of ignorance as well. But I don't know much about you, so that not a call I am willing to make at this point.
So he's being rude when he's asking a legitimate question.
Spoiler
i'm out.

Also, "-snip-" is for posts with large images or just very long posts, like yours if someone was quoting your entire post.

SyphenTV wrote:So he's being rude when he's asking a legitimate question.
No I answered the question. I actually had no issue with the question itself. I think that I was more the reasonable with my answer.
SyphenTV wrote:Also, "-snip-" is for posts with large images or just very long posts, like yours if someone was quoting your entire post.
Ahh but that where the problem comes. I am aware of my proclivity to get a bit verbose. And one that I am not going to remedy. Sorry, but that just how that is.

The real issue is the Senseless, Pointless, and downright rude nature of quoting nothing with a "-snip-". Snipping the Parts that are not being address is one thing. Snipping everything is paramount to saying "Your Words are Wasted, and you have nothing I need to hear."

If this is the Case? Why quote at all. Just ask your question. Or don't say anything at all.

The Ignorance comes when you start a post this way as it is well rather rude and insulting. The Ignorance comes by the Declaration that nothing said is worth being said, showing that you come with a closed minded point of view and have no intention of having an actual intelligent conversation.

But as i have said. I don't know Cridone, or you for that matter well enough, to make that call and thus reserve judgement. If one where to honestly not realize that is rude and a bit insulting. I am willing to forgive the mistake. If one reads that and assumes that I am just being an ass. Well, go ahead and assume all you want. Hell I am freely admitting i am being a bit of an ass in like to ass behavior.

Sort of like the the Behavior we both find ourselves now.

I forgive the fact that you don't know me well yet. Please forgive that I don't know you well either.

If we can get that out of the way, Maybe we could be friends. Or not. The ball is totally in your court now.

My point was merely to point how how Snipping everything is a bit rude, and ultimately pointless.

As for me. I am now very tired. Been working on all sort of things all day and running around the town getting things ready for a more personal matter.

If nothing is being said that is on topic, I would much rather call it a night and go to bed.

Night all...

SyphenTV wrote:
Ninjabuntu wrote:
So he's being rude when he's as - snipped because it's too much like syphen-
What? You think you have the right to speak in MY PRESENCE. I'll have you know that I graduated top of my class at the university of me. It is RUUUUUUUDE for you to even conceptualize a sentence of that tone towards me, little boy.

What gives you the right to question my authority over book models. My models contain only the finest in insignificant details. I have spent years creating this masterpiece with the inspiration from my book-ish muse.

You peasants have a dirty, incorrect abomination. Your art is nothing but an insult to my muse. IT MUST BE PURGED.

Such filthy peasants can not understand the beauty of my craftsmanship.

BY THE WAY HAVE YOU SEEN MY GAME

IT GUD

IT'S CALLED SCP: NON-HORROR GAME ULTIMATE ARCADE-EDITION 3 AND KNUCKLES AND KNUCKLES, FEATURING DANTE FROM THE DEVIL MAY CRY, AND KNUCKLES, SERIES.

You are all rude and only exist to amuse me with your feeble attempts at logic.

In conclusion:

Boku's Bizarre Adventure.