Re: I just noticed that SCP-1025 model and texture is wrong.

Awesomeguy147 wrote:The book has more than one edition. You weren't wrong... but you weren't really right either, if that makes sense.
It does, and I am aware of this. The first is the standard edition. The one that was widely available. Not exactly sure what the "DELUXE" edition covers. Brain surgery maybe? How to summon Cthulhu to :REDACTED: a snotty child into behaving like a :EXPUNGED: . We just don't know.

The avatar for SCP-1025 is of the much more common standard edition. With that in mind, I focused my research into that edition, and that edition alone.

One thing I did discover in research. There are two ISBN that both share the same dust jacket, which is what you are really seeing. weather or not the two known ISBN number correlate to Standard or Deluxe is unknown.

The second book in you example is the deluxe edition without it's Dust Jacket. I am not entirely sure that the deluxe edition's Jacket shared the Same Color and the Standard edition or if it was the same color of the Canvas under it's jacket. I am not even sure it ever had a dust jacket in the first place as it seems that all copies are sans-jacket. If one of the two know ISBN is related to the Deluxe Edition then. According to my Research, There is indeed a Dust Jacket and it is green like the Standard Edition.

In the end I went with the version and images that had it's dust jacket. From Memory, the copy my folks have is a green fake leather textured vinyl under it's jacket. Our copy had it's Dust Jacket attached to the Hard cover with Clear Boxing tape to "Protect" it from damage. I think my mom did it when they first got it but I wasn't alive at that time.

My folk live about 4 hours away or I would have gone and borrowed their copy.
From Intake Log for D-7165-68, Male, Caucasian, Age 28:
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."

Ninjabuntu wrote: -shortened-
Gabriel Jade mentioned it on 049's discussion page. [http://www.scp-wiki.net/forum/t-203252/ ... st-2129717]
The point is, 079 doesn't have an avatar.
I acknowledge your correction about 106 haha.
Izumi Kato said that SCP-173 shouldn't be commercialized, btw. I said it doesn't bug me much to have inaccurate models because of any kind of limitation.

I am not stopping you from making a more accurate model. I think you completely missed the point I've been simpley saying; it's not so important here. Compelled as you will, that is completely fine with me.

Olivine wrote:Gabriel Jade mentioned it on 049's discussion page. [http://www.scp-wiki.net/forum/t-203252/ ... st-2129717]
Huh that is intresting. Thank you for that.
Olivine wrote:The point is, 079 doesn't have an avatar.
And again, My Counterpoint is:

WE KNOW WHAT IT IS.

In the discription. Is says:
"Description: SCP-079 is an Exidy Sorcerer microcomputer built in 1978."

That is it right there in the first sentence.

"Exidy Sorcerer Microcomputer" built in "1978"

Google search Pulls up this image rather quickly with just these Words; Exidy Sorcerer microcomputer 1978
Spoiler
This is what the computer looks like.

Here is what the Computer Looks like in game.
Spoiler
Look familiar? That keyboard part is a Exidy Sorcerer Microcomputer built in 1978. A simple goodle search reveilves what that looks like. Aside from a colorration of a few key areas and the model is at least 95% accurate to the real deal as far as I can tell.

Your point is that is has no Avatar. which is correct. But your correct point is flawed in the fact that simple research has created a perfectly usable and passable replication of SCP-079.
Olivine wrote:I acknowledge your correction about 106 haha.
Glad to help.
Olivine wrote:Izumi Kato said that SCP-173 shouldn't be commercialized, btw.
Not going there in this thread other then to say. The photo of SCP-173 on the wiki was not Izumi Kato's to giver permission for. and that he can't claim right to anything inspired by that or any other photos. Even his own Sculpture. If the Photo where to be dropped, even though it was not his to grant or decline permission, Izumi Kato's claim to legal actions if used commercially is able to be fought.
Olivine wrote:I think you completely missed the point I've been simple saying; it's not so important here. Compelled as you will, that is completely fine with me.
Noted. Just pointing out a few counterpoints of my own, and a few minor holes in your own points. No big deal. Just sharing information is all.

It's not like I am saying the game is rubbish because it's has some inaccuracy in models. I love the game. I had just offered to make something fit a bit better with what actually exist.

After all Regalis got or made a 3D model of a computer from the late 70's that is at least 95% accurate to what actually exist. Why not a simple book? Better yet, Unlike SCP-1025, SCP-079 as you so cleverly pointed out has no avatar image of that computer on the Wiki. Yet there it is exactly as it was described. The monitor and the other stuff around it are pretty safe as long as the Keyboard/Computer combo part is what it should look like.
From Intake Log for D-7165-68, Male, Caucasian, Age 28:
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."