Re: Is this Dead?

The forum and community are still somewhat active, and there are still a handful of people out there really excited for CB's updates and its eventual completion.

But you have to remember, SCPCB is just one of the many indie horror games out there. Its popularity spike was a LONG time ago, when Pewdiepie played it, and it's most certainly not coming back, to be realistic. Even with Markiplier periodically playing it, it's still not popular by any means. Maybe it's better off being an obscure little horror game.

Regalis wrote:
Absence wrote:and it's most certainly not coming back, to be realistic
Maybe not until a HD remake/sequel ;)
So many questions, but obviously the way you phrased that with the winky face and all, you're not going to answer them.
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

Hubbawubba64 wrote:So many questions, but obviously the way you phrased that with the winky face and all, you're not going to answer them.
In all seriousness I'm not currently planning on starting to do a remake, atm I've got my hands full of Barotrauma, school and this thing. I'd still love to see a well executed version of the game (or a sequel) running on some modern engine with proper dynamic lighting and whatnot, so it's entirely possible that I'll get to it after Barotrauma is finished and I've had some time to load my horror-making batteries.

Regalis wrote:
Hubbawubba64 wrote:So many questions, but obviously the way you phrased that with the winky face and all, you're not going to answer them.
In all seriousness I'm not currently planning on starting to do a remake, atm I've got my hands full of Barotrauma, school and this thing. I'd still love to see a well executed version of the game (or a sequel) running on some modern engine with proper dynamic lighting and whatnot, so it's entirely possible that I'll get to it after Barotrauma is finished and I've had some time to load my horror-making batteries.
Well... for version 1.3 it is possible to take SCP objects from the fan-made mods (like Box of Horrors or NTF mod or...)

Regalis wrote: In all seriousness I'm not currently planning on starting to do a remake, atm I've got my hands full of Barotrauma, school and this thing. I'd still love to see a well executed version of the game (or a sequel) running on some modern engine with proper dynamic lighting and whatnot, so it's entirely possible that I'll get to it after Barotrauma is finished and I've had some time to load my horror-making batteries.
remake? do you mean you will change the current engine into a more powerful engine with more beautiful graphic or you just change the appearance of the foundation like you did back then?
Furries and FnaF fan must be terminated to avoid incident-[REDACTED]
- DR.Yonzo

yonzo_rikuo wrote:remake? do you mean you will change the current engine into a more powerful engine with more beautiful graphic or you just change the appearance of the foundation like you did back then?
By remake I mean actually remaking the entire game from scratch, and if I did that I'd definitely use something else than Blitz3D. And please note that I didn't say I will do that, just that it's a possibility at some point in the future. If Barotrauma turns out to be successful I might even have some money to spend on the development at that point. :)

Regalis wrote:By remake I mean actually remaking the entire game from scratch, and if I did that I'd definitely use something else than Blitz3D. And please note that I didn't say I will do that, just that it's a possibility at some point in the future. If Barotrauma turns out to be successful I might even have some money to spend on the development at that point. :)
Very important if you do happen to do that, if anyone contributes to the game, get them to sign a copyright transfer so you can use whatever they make without them trying to pull something off like suing you even if the game is free, I don't know if you have done this in the past but I would highly recommend it also I know how long development times can be, it takes so much out of you especially when you are faced with your own challenges (IE motivation, depression, time it takes to get to stuff like this due to work or real life being a factor).

It's always good to take breaks from this sort of stuff, I sometimes lose interest and come back to things like this with much more in mind but, I now have a fully functional team who can help me with these kind of things, I don't ever have to worry about doing it alone it just makes things that much easier especially now I have someone, 2 people in fact for drawing things like sprites the engine excessively uses, I can actually use 3D models but their use is actually very limited as too many would lag most computers anyway the sprites in question which are quite time consuming in terms of drawing them digitally and making sure they all look right (I have actual first hand experience on this, I don't think I've ever made anything that I haven't scrapped besides the propane tank I made which lacks detail in certain areas)
Mandatory blank signature, here.