Re: Dev Topic #2

Like a bullet that a recruit shot hit the edge of a target, that bullet hits a tree where a leaf drops to a nearby bunny who gets scared by the leaf and runs to the shooting range, bites a guy, that guy falls and fires a bullet who hits Regalis. Regalis gets in a critic state and goes to the hospital by ambulance but that ambulance gets hit by another ambulance. Regalis still lives in the middle of the street but then a Jeff the psychopat comes and kills Regalis...

So yeah... Be careful Regalis...
One day, on Steam..

Code: Select all

26 Fe + Mexican food =: lets see if you're oh so mister oh so smart
26 Fe + Mexican food =: who am i
ShadowDust: IronFajitas
26 Fe + Mexican food =: fuck
ShadowDust: *flies away*

If SCP:Containment Breach has taught us anything is that anyone can die, except for the intercom guy.

On that topic it would be cool to be able to see the Intercom guy at the starting chamber overseeing the testing, and when things go pear shaped you see him bailing out of the room. Then if you get to an exit/special room you can witness the intercom guy and several guards manage to escape the site while being pursued by an SCP. (Taking an elevator out or quickly moving through the Gate D exit).

Would also be an excuse to get more of DukeLovesYou's voice acting, no offense Volgun.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Steelpoint wrote:On that topic it would be cool to be able to see the Intercom guy at the starting chamber overseeing the testing, and when things go pear shaped you see him bailing out of the room. Then if you get to an exit/special room you can witness the intercom guy and several guards manage to escape the site while being pursued by an SCP. (Taking an elevator out or quickly moving through the Gate D exit)
Yeah, I could imagine him being accompanied by 3 or 4 well built bodyguards along the way, perhaps that use the Guard model (with a modified texture). I would assume by his roles so far in the game that he of a high rank or role within the site or even in the Foundation itself. I'd love to see him escape to the surface through some sort of lift, out to a waiting apache, perhaps acknowledging the D-Class from 173's chamber before ascending out of sight.
It slep time bunner.

InnocentSam wrote:
FoxMccloud64 wrote: My brother's laptop had a Nvidia card and CB played without lag, only when the MTF showed up but hey
Also those laptops are from the schoolz, a classmate said they had GPU's insead of Graphics card, but they played without lag
NVidia are good, but their mobile GPUs leave something to be desired.

And by the by, GPU is the same as Graphics Card; they're both graphics processing units :)
Hah, and I though that GPU's where a different thing, but both used for graphics :laugh:
WOOMY! *squid glibberish*
my water changed to this form by boiling, extensively used for the generation of mechanical power, for heating purposes, etc.

April 13th release date????

this is the best early birthday present I could ask for aaaaaaa

Thanks for the info and teaser change log, Regalis! Seriously can't wait now~~

Omniary wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:On that topic it would be cool to be able to see the Intercom guy at the starting chamber overseeing the testing, and when things go pear shaped you see him bailing out of the room. Then if you get to an exit/special room you can witness the intercom guy and several guards manage to escape the site while being pursued by an SCP. (Taking an elevator out or quickly moving through the Gate D exit)
Yeah, I could imagine him being accompanied by 3 or 4 well built bodyguards along the way, perhaps that use the Guard model (with a modified texture). I would assume by his roles so far in the game that he of a high rank or role within the site or even in the Foundation itself. I'd love to see him escape to the surface through some sort of lift, out to a waiting apache, perhaps acknowledging the D-Class from 173's chamber before ascending out of sight.
It could use that as a new special/bonus ending. I like that idea. On that note, when taking a Gate D or elevator to see Intercom guy, I assume when he talks through the window 173 or 106 could be behind, and the Intercom guy just tells last words and 173 (or 106 when he slowly walks) kills you or takes Class D to the evacuation shelter.

Regalis wrote:Sorry guys, but I won't be able to release the update this weekend. It's 99% ready though; now it just needs some tiny tweaking and bugtesting. Otherwise I could release in a day or two, but I'll have to get back to the barracks in a couple of hours and won't be able to do any coding before next weekend, because I'll be spending next week at a training camp again. But I promise that I'll upload it on Saturday 13th.

...Anyway, here's the (incomplete) changelist for v0.7 to give you an idea of what's coming up. :)

Code: Select all

v0.7
- FIVE new SCPs
- improved map generation algorithm - now the map is divided into three "zones" 
("light containment", "heavy containment" and an office/research zone). Due to
this, the layout of the facility now makes much more sense: you won't be seeing 
a toilet or an office next to the containment chamber of a Keter-level SCP anymore.
- lots of new rooms
- plenty of new scripted events, including:
	- scenes where you'll witness the staff trying to escape the facility with
	varied success
	- an event where SCP-096 gets to do more than just sit on the floor
- new items
- ambient sounds that are played near specific objects/areas, such as the sound of
dripping water near a pipe or a quiet humming sound near a ventilation shaft
- some optimization to 096's AI, it shouldn't cause FPS drops as much as before
- some small additions to the intro sequence
- minor visual improvements to the smoke
- more security cameras placed around the facility
I like it.
I am officially SCP-426. I am a toaster, and people refer to me in first person. This memetic quality is one of my best traits!

I'm still waiting for proper Amnesia-style puzzles to make this a proper horror game.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango