Dev Topic #2

The old topic has gotten so big that I think we should continue here. Besides, this post is so important that I want it to be read by as many people as possible.

I've got some good and bad news. The bad news is that I'll start doing my military service on January 7th (yeah, we have a mandatory military service in Finland), which will slow down the development of SCPCB quite a bit. I'l have only four or so hours of free time every day, but the weekends are usually free, so I'll still have some time to work on the game.

...And the good news: I'll release the entire source code for the game in a few days, which will hopefully help speeding up the development at least a bit. The code is extremely messy and most of the comments are in Finnish, so I'll write some instructions and comments in English before I'll release it.

+ Fixed a ton of bugs, I'll upload v0.6.2 tomorrow.

Re: Dev Topic #2

First! And damn, that's unfortunate, how long will the service be?

EDIT: Googled it, looks like 6 months or 180 days. Wish you luck, I hope it's not like Full Metal Jacket lol.
Last edited by Destructoid on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Oh, okay... :(

I haven't understood the "good news" part. Can someone please translate to me xD? What is "the source code" (aside from a film)?
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

garbo wrote:Oh, okay... :(

I haven't understood the "good news" part. Can someone please translate to me xD? What is "the source code" (aside from a film)?
That's the programming itself.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Oh, military service? I heard they did this stuff in Germany too.. isn't it like a year long?

Anyhow, the source code; awesome, I'm sure we can band together to form a group to help work on the game more (adding new rooms, SCP's, Events, etc) I've got a bit of experience with LUA programming, if that's somehow even close to BLITZ3D's programming language. Then we can combine them all in over time. (and get ready for a lot of troll full conversion mods)

Destructoid wrote:
garbo wrote:Oh, okay... :(

That's the programming itself.
Okok thanks

PD: Regalis would be the "Peanut Head Recruit" xDxD
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

Destructoid wrote:First! And damn, that's unfortunate, how long will the service be?
Six months, or 9 to 12 months if I decide to apply for reserve officer training or some other "special job". Atm I think I'll just try to get away with the shortest possible service period. :)

Will you release the source code for a group of responsible people so that they can develop the game while you are doing whatever you have to do? Or to everyone so that they can mess with the code and ruin the game?
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:Will you release the source code for a group of responsible people so that they can develop the game while you are doing whatever you have to do? Or to everyone so that they can mess with the code and ruin the game?
I think I'll release it for everyone. Obviously I won't use any new code that would "ruin the game", but if people want to make pony mods or something with modified code, I have nothing against that.