Re: Is this game dead?

This is what I have against Unity, its encryption. It encrypts EVERY asset making it hard for the modding community and with more recent versions of Unity, it now encrypts the audio files(before it would have the actual audio file in it, for example a OGG/WAV sound, but now it is just a numeric extension on it) making it impossible to extract now from Asset extractors.

Rodj wrote:This is what I have against Unity, its encryption. It encrypts EVERY asset making it hard for the modding community and with more recent versions of Unity, it now encrypts the audio files(before it would have the actual audio file in it, for example a OGG/WAV sound, but now it is just a numeric extension on it) making it impossible to extract now from Asset extractors.
I feel like you're avoiding the fact that it's the developers choice to make the game modifiable in Unity.

An example is Nelson Sexton's Unturned. The game was made in Unity, and has full Workshop customization, along with most of the assets and files being open for the public to edit.

I would recommend against editing most of these files (You can if you're uploading to the Workshop, but you have to revert until it's accepted), due to VAC not being fully stable in Unturned and you can easily get VAC banned from it.

well i changed my mind. i think porting the game to unity might be a good idea since people can contribute more to scp cb since its the most used engine. but can a unity game have good graphic like udk games

im sorry lord regalis
Furries and FnaF fan must be terminated to avoid incident-[REDACTED]
- DR.Yonzo

yonzo_rikuo wrote:i think porting the game to unity might be a good idea since people can contribute more to scp cb since its the most used engine.
It being the most used engine doesn't change anything. Sure, a port to a newer engine would allow more users, *COUGH*PEOPLEWHOUSEMACANDLINUX*COUGH*, to play the game, but it's not like a damn port will revive the fanbase. At most, it'll bring 10, maybe 20 people to report bugs.
yonzo_rikuo wrote:but can a unity game have good graphic like udk games
The engine (from what I know) doesn't determine graphical aspects of the game. It's the modeler's and texture-er's choice.

Sure, Blitz3D (from what I've seen) only has use to .b3d and .3dw, but that shouldn't restrict how good the model looks.

SyphenTV wrote:The engine (from what I know) doesn't determine graphical aspects of the game. It's the modeler's and texture-er's choice.

Sure, Blitz3D (from what I've seen) only has use to .b3d and .3dw, but that shouldn't restrict how good the model looks.
It does to some extent actually, especially if the engine is using a 16-year-old graphics API. There's no reason why a Unity game couldn't look as good as a UDK game though, no-one's forcing you to use the default lighting system or shaders in Unity.