Re: v1.3.2 Errors

AveryLP wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:We found that saves from 1.3.1 are broken in 1.3.2 after some commits that Regalis did, without testing the game. Save support in question...
Since the changelog on GitHub states that the medibay is being improved, does that mean a different NPC than the BoH one?
Now I don't like GitHub... because it spoilered everything

Vane Brain wrote:
AveryLP wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:We found that saves from 1.3.1 are broken in 1.3.2 after some commits that Regalis did, without testing the game. Save support in question...
Since the changelog on GitHub states that the medibay is being improved, does that mean a different NPC than the BoH one?
Oops...
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

AveryLP wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:
AveryLP wrote: Since the changelog on GitHub states that the medibay is being improved, does that mean a different NPC than the BoH one?
Oops...
Well... I think 1.3.2 will not support 1.3.1 saves... but still we need to see why it is happening

Vane Brain wrote:
AveryLP wrote:
Vane Brain wrote: Now I don't like GitHub... because it spoilered everything
Oops...
Well... I think 1.3.2 will not support 1.3.1 saves... but still we need to see why it is happening
Oh well, still nice to see that new stuff is coming alongside the bugfixes (But the MAV extermination thing is the biggest thing about 1.3.2)

AveryLP wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:
AveryLP wrote: Oops...
Oh well, still nice to see that new stuff is coming alongside the bugfixes (But the MAV extermination thing is the biggest thing about 1.3.2)
I'm still thinking about 1.3.2 to make 1.4

Vane Brain wrote:
AveryLP wrote:
Vane Brain wrote: Well... I think 1.3.2 will not support 1.3.1 saves... but still we need to see why it is happening
What do you mean with this?

AveryLP wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:
AveryLP wrote: Oh well, still nice to see that new stuff is coming alongside the bugfixes (But the MAV extermination thing is the biggest thing about 1.3.2)
Nevermind...

Vane Brain wrote:
AveryLP wrote:
Vane Brain wrote: I'm still thinking about 1.3.2 to make 1.4
Nevermind...
Turning 1.3.2 into 1.4 would have been quite unrealistic, considering that 0.2 of the NTF mod is supposed to come out prior to 1.4 of the main game.

Re: v1.3 Update

AveryLP wrote: Maybe it is getting disabled in Keter and Euclid modes (I seriously hope that the console doesn't get removed though.)
Same here. Sometimes the only way I can manage to make it through the game to the end at all is because of the console. It's far too hard for me if I don't. Trying to focus on one thing to avoid is one thing but to try to focus on so many other things at a time as well keeps me from really registering or enjoying what's in the rooms. My nerves get too edgy. For me, the console makes things more enjoyable (and I don't get as anxious), even if it is considered cheating. Though I never really understood why it's considered cheating if it's actually available in game to offer a little help if you just can't manage it.

I think it's better to keep it so that the people like me (with anxiety issues or any other people that struggle with it too much compared to the gamers who don't have a problem doing it without the console) can still enjoy playing the game if they really want to do it.

Plus it's also handy if certain rooms for whatever reason glitch on you and keep you from getting further in the game. Like for example in my one save for v1.3.1, the need to close the 008 container in order to get to the entrance zone, glitched on me and It wouldn't let me close it. So, I had to noclip in order to get through.
Last edited by Blue Mist 860 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: v1.3 Update

Blue Mist 860 wrote:
AveryLP wrote: Maybe it is getting disabled in Keter and Euclid modes (I seriously hope that the console doesn't get removed though.)
Same here. Sometimes the only way I can manage to make it through the game to the end at all is because of the console. It's far too hard for me if I don't. Trying to focus on one thing to avoid is one thing but to try to focus on so many other things at a time as well keeps me from really registering or enjoying what's in the rooms. My nerves get too edgy. For me, the console makes things more enjoyable (and I don't get as anxious), even if it is considered cheating. Though I never really understood why it's considered cheating if it's actually available in game to offer a little help if you just can't manage it.

I think it's better to keep it so that the people like me (with anxiety issues or any other people that struggle with it too much compared to the gamers who don't have a problem doing it without the console) can still enjoy playing the game if they really want to do it.
The console is also useful when players just want to explore the new stuff after an update has released.