Re: v1.3 Update

Marios wrote: Well, that's a bad idea for giving it attention. Hopefully they're not doing it for that reason. The original game shouldn't depend on a modification of itself, that's completely wrong.
Well yeah, as AveryLP said, the mod also needs updates (as I'm also the developer of the mod, so that should be obvious why) and the game is not dependend on the mod because I will add features first in the game and then in the mod. So it is the opposite of what you think.

PXLSHN wrote:
Marios wrote: Well, that's a bad idea for giving it attention. Hopefully they're not doing it for that reason. The original game shouldn't depend on a modification of itself, that's completely wrong.
Well yeah, as AveryLP said, the mod also needs updates (as I'm also the developer of the mod, so that should be obvious why) and the game is not dependend on the mod because I will add features first in the game and then in the mod. So it is the opposite of what you think.
Huh, what exactly do you mean by adding stuff first in the game and then in the mod? (This question sounds kinda weird)
Is it because it will be standalone mod by 0.2.0? (Also, could you please define standalone?)
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

AveryLP wrote:
PXLSHN wrote:
Huh, what exactly do you mean by adding stuff first in the game and then in the mod? (This question sounds kinda weird)
Is it because it will be standalone mod by 0.2.0? (Also, could you please define standalone?)
Well 0.2.0 will probably be standalone.
And by that I mean that first, I'm making the features in SCP:CB meaning, they will be appearing first in there before they appear in my mod. It's like I would convert my mod to the newest SCP:CB version again and again (with some exceptions of some already added stuff and some mechanic changes/other changes for it (mostly for future versions, as the 1.3 version of SCP:CB clearly has some content from the NTF mod now, but in later versions, we will add content that hasn't been added at all in the mod). We already have some stuff in SCP:CB 1.3 that isn't in the NTF mod.

PXLSHN wrote:
AveryLP wrote:
PXLSHN wrote:
Well 0.2.0 will probably be standalone.
And by that I mean that first, I'm making the features in SCP:CB meaning, they will be appearing first in there before they appear in my mod. It's like I would convert my mod to the newest SCP:CB version again and again (with some exceptions of some already added stuff and some mechanic changes/other changes for it (mostly for future versions, as the 1.3 version of SCP:CB clearly has some content from the NTF mod now, but in later versions, we will add content that hasn't been added at all in the mod). We already have some stuff in SCP:CB 1.3 that isn't in the NTF mod.
Ah, I get it now.
But if there are some really good SCP's and other contents coming in future NTF mod versions, maybe they might end up in the vanilla game one day.

As you may know, Regalis, many of the fans here have been galvanized from the development of the game and we are thankful for that you have been there for every step of the way. We are not only happy that you have put in many hours of hard work into this game, but also surprised at how far you have persevered through the progress of this game from version 0.1 and onwards. We are truly grateful for what you have done and we, the fans, may never have any way to repay you back; so, while you may be here, I'd like to direct a few of my questions to you.

1) I have been motivated from the coding talents you have displayed with your game and I would want to help contribute to your work whenever I become familiar with the art of coding; would it be all right for me to help you and, if so, in what way would I be able to?

2) While you have put in a lot for the community, the game, and the fans, I believe we should have a few more of those teaser pictures/screenshots of the development of the game; it not only excites the fans more, but also keeps us waiting on our tip-toes for the release of the new version. Just look at what happened when CMFS posted screenshots unrelated to the game; would you be able to consider adding a few more pictures so as to what we, the fans, would be able to ponder about?

EDIT: Changed the words around.

Inclination wrote:As you may know, Regalis, many of the fans here have been galvanized from the development of the game and we are thankful for that you have been there for every step of the way. We are not only happy that you have put in many hours of hard work into this game, but also surprised at how far you have persevered through the progress of this game from version 0.1 and onwards. We are truly grateful for what you have done and we, the fans, may never have any way to repay you back; so, while you may be here, I'd like to direct a few of my questions to you.

1) I have been motivated from the coding talents you have displayed with your game and I would want to help contribute to your work whenever I become familiar with the art of coding; would it be all right for me to help you and, if so, in what way would I be able to?

2) While you have put in a lot for the community, the game, and the fans, I believe we should have a few more of those teaser pictures/screenshots of the development of the game; it not only excites the fans more, but also keeps us waiting on our tip-toes for the release of the new version. Just look at what happened when CMFS posted screenshots unrelated to the game; would you be able to consider adding a few more pictures so as to what we, the fans, would be able to ponder about?

I agree, we should have some more teasers for 1.3.

AveryLP wrote:
Inclination wrote:As you may know, Regalis, many of the fans here have been galvanized from the development of the game and we are thankful for that you have been there for every step of the way. We are not only happy that you have put in many hours of hard work into this game, but also surprised at how far you have persevered through the progress of this game from version 0.1 and onwards. We are truly grateful for what you have done and we, the fans, may never have any way to repay you back; so, while you may be here, I'd like to direct a few of my questions to you.

I also agree, or atleast we should know the object class of the second SCP being added, as it would give clues about the other NTF SCP being added without being too obvious
Last edited by VincentRipperdactyl on Thu May 19, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Safe Euclid Keter Thaumiel\ :096: /

VincentRipperdactyl wrote:
AveryLP wrote:

I also agree, or atleast we should know the object class of the second SCP being added.
Well, there's only three possibilities for the second SCP, SCP-109, SCP-457 or SCP-1162 (457 would be the most awesome one of these three).

AveryLP wrote:
AveryLP wrote: I agree, we should have some more teasers for 1.3.
I also agree, or atleast we should know the object class of the second SCP being added.
Well, there's only three possibilities for the second SCP, SCP-109, SCP-457 or SCP-1162 (457 would be the most awesome one of these three).
Remember, some of the 1.3 features are being added into the NTF mod, so maybe a new SCP will be added for NTF mod 2.0.
Safe Euclid Keter Thaumiel\ :096: /

AveryLP wrote:
VincentRipperdactyl wrote: I also agree, or atleast we should know the object class of the second SCP being added.
Remember, some of the 1.3 features are being added into the NTF mod, so maybe a new SCP will be added for NTF mod 2.0.
Well, I think that these new features for the NTF mod won't be the SCP's though. (I see no reason not to add 457)