Re: v1.3 Update

The topic was just posted and it already has many replies.
Well, I'm sure you are all hyped for this update, so it isn't really a surprise for me that it got replies pretty quickly. :)
I also saw these ideas with more humans in the facility. It could be done, but I don't think it is that necessary because SCP:CB is a game where the player should feel alone amongst the living humans in the facility (that's why a lot of humans had died/will die in events or such). I think at some point we can look if we can make more events evolving humans, but I think that won't happen for 1.3 (as this update is most likely a update for bugfixes and for the improvement of some of the SCPs).

PXLSHN wrote:[Adding more events including humans] could be done, but I don't think it is that necessary because SCP:CB is a game where the player should feel alone amongst the living humans in the facility (that's why a lot of humans had died/will die in events or such).
Well, that recieved trial on fire. And it proved unsuccessful because it's ridiculous you are seeing SCP-173 so often in spite of how there's probably a clusterfuck of personnel and Class-Ds in the facility trying to escape which 173 could go after.

It's just not possible to be alone in the setting of this game. Or at least by my standards, because IRL almost nobody I know demands common sense anywhere in fiction unless it would benefit them where it would be applied. It's reasonable to be alone in the Half-Life 1, for example, because you're going every which way in the underground facility and it's clear that most survivors were killed by the aliens, zombies and other creatures released by the resonance cascade incident. And in here you see few corpses even.
PXLSHN wrote:I think at some point we can look if we can make more events evolving humans, but I think that won't happen for 1.3 (as this update is most likely a update for bugfixes and for the improvement of some of the SCPs)
I mean, you could say it was nothing more than a bugfix update earlier...

Due to post deletion, I will post my suggestions for this or any following version again:

- Construction Tunnels
Spoiler
I think that the construction tunnels from the NTF mod should be added to the vanilla game, since they would provide the player with something new and give SCP-049-2 instances a bigger role.
For that, the revamp of the construction tunnels (The picture is from page 76 of the NTF mod page) would need to be finished before it could be added since the newer version looks far better.
- SCP-198
Spoiler
SCP-198 could appear in it's containment room like it does in the NTF mod.
Besides in it's containment room, SCP-198 could appear elsewhere. My idea is that SCP-198 could appear in a office, looking like a ordinary cup (I will assume that someone else would have touched 198 in it's containment room, causing it to spawn somewhere else with a different appearance).
The player could die after 1-2 minute if it does not consume the contents. The chance of the player consuming the content could be randomized, there could be a 50% chance of the player consuming it, a 50% chance of the player refusing to drink it, causing death. This randomization could happen every time, the player attempts to consume it.
- SCP-409
Spoiler
SCP-409 could appear like in the Box of Horrors mod, except that stains of 409 could be found all throughout the facility.
- SCP-009
Spoiler
SCP-009 could appear like it does in the Box of Horrors mod.
- SCP-1048-A Infection Revamp
Spoiler
SCP-1048-A's ear growth should be revamped as suggested here.
Last edited by AveryLP on Tue May 10, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

AveryLP wrote:Due to post deletion, I will post my suggestions for this or any following version again:

- Construction Tunnels
Spoiler
I think that the construction tunnels from the NTF mod should be added to the vanilla game, since they would provide the player with something new and give SCP-049-2 instances a bigger role.
For that, the revamp of the construction tunnels (The picture is from page 76 of the NTF mod page) would need to be finished before it could be added since the newer version looks far better.
Why not these? :)
Spoiler
THIS IS NOT FROM 1.3!!! IT IS FROM NTF MOD v0.2!!!
Last edited by Vane Brain on Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vane Brain wrote:
AveryLP wrote:Due to post deletion, I will post my suggestions for this or any following version again:

- Construction Tunnels
Spoiler
Spoiler
Well, I could have just added both pictures now that you said it.

EDIT: I will update my idea list if some more come to my mind.
Or should I make a own thread about them?
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

Regalis wrote:
Me wrote:there’s some new stuff coming up: the developers of the Nine Tailed Fox Mod (ENDSHN and Vane Brain from Third Subvision Team) have been working on a new update for the game for some time now (with some collaboration by me). The update will introduce a couple of new SCPs and expand the role of some of the existing SCPs, and also include a ton of bugfixes, optimization and some visual improvements (some of which can be seen in the video)!
So, a lot of people have been asking about the release date of the update. I'd hate to respond just by saying "when it's done" so instead I'll do a rough guesstimation: originally we were aiming for a release some time this month, but at the moment it looks like it'll most likely take until early next month.

In the meantime, here's a couple of teaser pics of some of the new content (and more to come within the following weeks):

New rooms and terrifyingly smart MTF units

Improved lighting

[REDACTED]
This is great news Regalis! Version 1.3 sounds like its going to bring with it a lot of nice additions and bugfixes to the game. I look forward to its release :)
Vane Brain wrote:

- Construction Tunnels
Spoiler
Spoiler
Does Blitz3d not support smoothing groups? I can't remember as I haven't messed with any in-game assets in a long time, but if it does I highly recommend configuring them for those pipe models. Without smoothing groups the lighting becomes very noticeably faceted and unrealistic for curved objects like that.