Re: What's up with the UserTracks folder

AveryLP wrote:
KirbyMario12345 wrote:It allows you to play your own sounds/music in the game through the radio, without needing to change the default sounds.
But wouldn't that require more than just adding .ogg files to the folder?
You just have to add them. The game does the rest (but if it isn't activated, go to Options and to "Audio" and find "Enable User Tracks", if it is already ticked, then it's enabled and you can also check the User Tracks (so if there are any of them not being able to load, altough the system needs some more polish for that). You can also select if you want to have the Tracks being Repeated (this means they will be played sorted by alphabet) or being played Random.
Then you have to get a Radio and select Channel 1 (I would also recommend to have the radio from 914 on the Fine setting, so you have unlimited battery power).

PXLSHN wrote:
AveryLP wrote:
KirbyMario12345 wrote:It allows you to play your own sounds/music in the game through the radio, without needing to change the default sounds.
But wouldn't that require more than just adding .ogg files to the folder?
You just have to add them. The game does the rest (but if it isn't activated, go to Options and to "Audio" and find "Enable User Tracks", if it is already ticked, then it's enabled and you can also check the User Tracks (so if there are any of them not being able to load, altough the system needs some more polish for that). You can also select if you want to have the Tracks being Repeated (this means they will be played sorted by alphabet) or being played Random.
Then you have to get a Radio and select Channel 1 (I would also recommend to have the radio from 914 on the Fine setting, so you have unlimited battery power).
Ah ok, I get it now. (That sounds kinda cool actually)
Thanks for explaining
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

SCPGamer627 wrote:My question is, How do you INSERT THE FILE? Do you type the name and then .ogg next to it? Like say I want to insert the Dummy Battle song from Undertale, would I type mus_dummybattle.ogg? Because DRAGGING IT INTO THE NOTEPAD just opens a new folder!

Please help!
:EXPUNGED:
Files are read from the UserTracks folder when they're placed in it. You can double check that the game's reading the file by clicking the "Check User Tracks" button in the options. From there it should just play on channel 1 of the radio.
Last edited by CommanderMark on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

SCPGamer627 wrote:I know how it works I just wanna know in which what way it's put in.
Do you type the file name? (like mus_dummybattle.ogg and it scans it?)
Spoiler
Do you drag it in?
Didn't work for me!
What do you do?
Help, please!
:EXPUNGED:
The game just scans the directory /scpcb/SFX/Radio/UserTracks/ for .ogg/.wav files. Just place your music in that folder and then the game will read them.
SCPGamer627 wrote: Do you drag it in? Didn't work for me!
Um, are you trying to drag it into the .txt placed in the folder or the folder itself?