Re: (almost)MAV-less Blitz3D

Duuuuude. That's sick. I'll definitely test this out asap

I noticed here that you modified:
void bbBSPAmbientLight( Q3BSPModel *t,float r,float g,float b ){

When playing before, my friend and I would get to a section of the game in the entrance zone and the MTF would spawn in. Shortly after, the game goes wild with rendering - turning into a mish-mash of colors, partially rendered walls, and broken GUI screens. Would a MAV related to this or other rendering cause that, do you think?

I don't think this part in particular would be the cause, since the game doesn't use BSP at all. It's possible that I could've caused this bug, though I think this is just a MAV that didn't crash the game and instead lead the game into a broken state.

Was an error log generated by any chance? That would definitely help fix the game.

scpblitz wrote:Or you know... Migrate to a modern engine like Unity and Unreal. The FPS and bugs in the game are atrocious.
Zornor's being doing a Unity port which hopefully comes through. As for the official version, SCP:CB is first and foremost Regalis' personal project, and he doesn't prioritize in switching it over due to the effort required to reimplement everything on a new engine. He got used to Blitz3D and his current true focus is Barotrauma, so we won't get an official port to another engine any time soon.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

I assume this is not working anymore since it is not getting updated is it? I tried putting that file with the .exe in my scp folder, it does start but gets stuck on 100% loading the first time and thats it. If there is a workaround to get it to run with the newest version or if I am simply doing it wrong, it would be nice if anybody could point me in the right direction, I am having severe trouble with MAVs in the middle of my game on the current so this would have been quite nice :D

Edit: After browsing the forum some more I read that redownloading the game can help with MAV when entering rooms and surprisingly it did actually fix it I think

driveandkill wrote:I assume this is not working anymore since it is not getting updated is it? I tried putting that file with the .exe in my scp folder, it does start but gets stuck on 100% loading the first time and thats it. If there is a workaround to get it to run with the newest version or if I am simply doing it wrong, it would be nice if anybody could point me in the right direction, I am having severe trouble with MAVs in the middle of my game on the current so this would have been quite nice :D

Edit: After browsing the forum some more I read that redownloading the game can help with MAV when entering rooms and surprisingly it did actually fix it I think
This Mav-less thing is already in the game since 1.3.2