Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev build 2 is out! (10.29.16)

eyedine wrote:Hey OP, can you add options to increase brightness in the future? Right now the game is REALLY dark, so dark in fact that I cannot see anything except SCP 173's containment room.
Oh man! I've noticed this before on certain builds, would you mind tossing me the specs you are playing it at?

And yes, several options are coming soon that are QoL related. I will try to include those in the upcoming release
EDIT: Soon everything will be configurable muahahaha....

zornor90 wrote:
eyedine wrote:Hey OP, can you add options to increase brightness in the future? Right now the game is REALLY dark, so dark in fact that I cannot see anything except SCP 173's containment room.
Oh man! I've noticed this before on certain builds, would you mind tossing me the specs you are playing it at?

And yes, several options are coming soon that are QoL related. I will try to include those in the upcoming release
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 6.00GB (5.84 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor

Operating System: Windows 10

I've noticed that my PC loves committing suicide whenever I play unity games, while that isn't the case here, it still seems unnaturally dark. And before you ask, yes I did download the 64 bit version.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqWX9 ... TMygHSqKnA
Example I am an amateur youtuber and map maker for source games who became interested in SCP: Containment Breach when Markiplier posted his episodes on said game.

zornor90 wrote:I've done you one better. Here's a link to a blank room4. Just connect your walls to the inner edges of the door-frames, and it should plug and play correctly. Note that I do require floors and walls to be separate objects so that I can setup pathfinding correctly.
Ooh!
In the competitive spirit, are we?
Shame on you for challenging a noob.

I was already almost done remodeling the room, and even adding a few bits in. I'll cross reference it with your template and separate the floor out tomorrow.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

zornor90 wrote: What...does this mean
It means adding camerafog, better lighting, correct surfaces, maybe toning down some GFX so it doesn't look like a typical shovelware unity game, completely fixing all bugged textures, 100%ing the map generator, adding most to all non-npc related events, all so that you can be done with something one at a time and not have to go back to it later to make changes, significantly simplifying things.
I mean obviously I'm not the developer here, but I feel like any game should have a straightforward one step at a time development path.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Inclination wrote:cross-conception, could you put all of your 4 posts into 1? You are just spamming the page.
oh im sorry im just so bad at this :shock:
i just want to contribute as much as i can and talk as much i can
other reason being that i thought of everything after eachother sequencally and i realize now i can edit posts
im such a :EXPUNGED:
anyways zonor and the gaurd (i cant remember your user please dont put me on keter duty i just like the duck XD)
its really cool that your helping eachother out. i would do more than testing already stable builds if i could, thats why i sent you PM but you didnt seem to get it?

also in terms of bugs i found two new problems with the game,
when running the game at the "fastest" quaity and loading the game it will appear as pitch darkness, the only thing visible is the blink/run meter. i tried to start a game and this happens every single time. thiss does not occur for any other lvl of quality.
this has been reported with others but they never mentioned quality

also with the gas room with the open close the texture of the door glitches out in a way i cant describe but seems to go further than is supposed to than is normal

PC specs (so you dont have to ask ever)
AMD Radeon R7 360
AMD FX 8320 EIGHT-core processor
8GB ram
and im unsure of motherboard but i dont think it matters
regards the serious cross :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck:

Hey OP, you fine with me suggesting a room?

Anyway, "room4offices"

It's a room 4 light containment area with 4 offices, yes, offices in the LCZ.

Since I have no clue how the forum screenshot function works, I'll just post an imgur link

Yes, the room was built on the Valve hammer editor and uses lots of assets from various source games

Hopefully you can substitute those models with actual SCP:CB assets and such
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqWX9 ... TMygHSqKnA
Example I am an amateur youtuber and map maker for source games who became interested in SCP: Containment Breach when Markiplier posted his episodes on said game.