Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev build 2 is out! (10.29.16)

eyedine wrote:Hey OP, you fine with me suggesting a room?

Anyway, "room4offices"

It's a room 4 light containment area with 4 offices, yes, offices in the LCZ.

Since I have no clue how the forum screenshot function works, I'll just post an imgur link

Yes, the room was built on the Valve hammer editor and uses lots of assets from various source games

Hopefully you can substitute those models with actual SCP:CB assets and such
Imma go ahead and second that suggestion. I really like that room's layout.

Also, I had an idea for the clicking buttons behind you system.
What if instead of a single cursor that appears on your screen to represent the closest interactable object, a few appear instead. To select a specific one, an orientation lock could be implemented that allows the player's target reticle to be unlocked from center screen which they can then use to click on a specific interaction icon.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Hubbawubba64 wrote:
zornor90 wrote: What...does this mean
It means adding camerafog, better lighting, correct surfaces, maybe toning down some GFX so it doesn't look like a typical shovelware unity game, completely fixing all bugged textures, 100%ing the map generator, adding most to all non-npc related events, all so that you can be done with something one at a time and not have to go back to it later to make changes, significantly simplifying things.
I mean obviously I'm not the developer here, but I feel like any game should have a straightforward one step at a time development path.
Ah I see. Yeah, I can see why that might make sense. Unfortunately, game development is rarely straightforward. It's a balancing act between making code that works now and ensuring that the code is scalable and modular, and will continue working in the future. It's easy to get bogged down in trying to make a system that will handle every end-case, to create the "perfect" system, and never produce anything...conversely, it's all too easy to produce code that "works" *cough*earlyaccess*cough*.

Anyway, "room4offices"

Since I have no clue how the forum screenshot function works, I'll just post an imgur link

Yes, the room was built on the Valve hammer editor and uses lots of assets from various source games

I am definitely fine with room suggestions! I'm not sure how many I'll implement tbh, especially when i haven't settled on the theme I want for each area. Right now, I'm more focused on core game systems
cross-conception wrote:also in terms of bugs i found two new problems with the game,
when running the game at the "fastest" quaity and loading the game it will appear as pitch darkness, the only thing visible is the blink/run meter. i tried to start a game and this happens every single time. thiss does not occur for any other lvl of quality.
this has been reported with others but they never mentioned quality

also with the gas room with the open close the texture of the door glitches out in a way i cant describe but seems to go further than is supposed to than is normal

PC specs (so you dont have to ask ever)
AMD Radeon R7 360
AMD FX 8320 EIGHT-core processor
8GB ram
and im unsure of motherboard but i dont think it matters
regards the serious cross :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck:
Ok that quality setting is interesting. I tried running it on my machine with fastest and that didn't happen. Would you mind PMing me the output.log file in the game folder, after starting and quitting a game where this occurs?
Zackonark wrote:

Anyway, "room4offices"

Imma go ahead and second that suggestion. I really like that room's layout.

Also, I had an idea for the clicking buttons behind you system.
What if instead of a single cursor that appears on your screen to represent the closest interactable object, a few appear instead. To select a specific one, an orientation lock could be implemented that allows the player's target reticle to be unlocked from center screen which they can then use to click on a specific interaction icon.
That's an interesting idea...I'm definitely still working on how to best represent that to the player.

Continuing to make progress; been sick the last few days so it's been slow, but I'm getting close to a fully functional options menu. I'll probably feature-freeze after that and fix a few bugs and do QA, and then release - mostly because it's a lot easier to test builds with these options so that everyone can tweak mouse acceleration / brightness to a good value for their systems.

Brunou8 wrote:~snip~
OH! I remember thaaaat. Zornor, you definitely should!

Also. I finished the room.
I probably went a little overboard with a couple of details, and I would have textured it, but I can't texture worth shit.
There are two floor objects, one of which is for the grates that cover the vents in the floor. I figured they needed to be separate for textures. I have a feeling I could be wrong about that. But eh, it's a quick fix if I am anyway.
Spoiler
Room4lcz-remake
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

GIMLI_2 wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mvkz5tnho87y ... 1.mp4?dl=0

this is a video of the bug i mentioned, hope that helps
Ahh yes, thanks for the video. Unfortunately, this is due to how I've made the pathfinding grid super accurate. I've made the grid spaces smaller than 173's collider, which means that it can phase through walls where it really shouldn't be able to. I'm working on a few ways to handle this edge case.
Zackonark wrote:

Also. I finished the room. -snip-
That looks pretty cool! I will probably add it when i do my room update pass in a month or two and spend time texturing it then
Brunou8 wrote:Hey, zornor, would you like to use this?
That looks pretty sweet, what kind of room is it?

zornor90 wrote:
Brunou8 wrote:-snip-
It seriously looks like one of the HCZ "pipe corridors", albeit with ridiculous detail.
Also, I'm going to help and try to port that room I made into Unity, the only problem is I know absolutely nothing about Unity
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqWX9 ... TMygHSqKnA
Example I am an amateur youtuber and map maker for source games who became interested in SCP: Containment Breach when Markiplier posted his episodes on said game.

zornor90 wrote:
GIMLI_2 wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mvkz5tnho87y ... 1.mp4?dl=0

this is a video of the bug i mentioned, hope that helps
Ahh yes, thanks for the video. Unfortunately, this is due to how I've made the pathfinding grid super accurate. I've made the grid spaces smaller than 173's collider, which means that it can phase through walls where it really shouldn't be able to. I'm working on a few ways to handle this edge case.
Zackonark wrote:

Also. I finished the room. -snip-
That looks pretty cool! I will probably add it when i do my room update pass in a month or two and spend time texturing it then
Brunou8 wrote:Hey, zornor, would you like to use this?
Looks alot like 895's room in the actual foundation wiki page right down to the lil' chair, of cause without the coffin in the room.
Safe Euclid Keter Thaumiel\ :096: /

Actually, that's exactly what that room is. Brunou made it for Juan's port a while back. Back before Juan quit on it that is.
Inclination wrote:Do those pipes offer anything else other than aesthetic value? How about that vent?
I thought of it as a ventilation system similar to that hallway with the fans in the original game. Then cross-conception came up with the idea of it having to do with gas, and I morphed it into a climate-controlled safe zone where personnel can be safe from air-born hazards such as 008 or gasses. The big vent in the ceiling pushes air in while the vents in the floor pull air out, causing a pressure differential that keeps only breathable air in the center of the room.

Or they can work the other way around and the whole room can work as a sort of obstacle where a gas mask is required to get through.
Official Website