Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.2.2 is out! (11/19/16)

zornor90 wrote:Indev v0.2.2a is out!

Normally, I wouldn't release a patch so quickly, but the lockroom doors being broken is kind of important to fix.

Release: 64-bit | 32-bit

Changelog

Code: Select all

Fixed lockroom buttons
Slightly modified 173 to stick to the ground better, and compensated height slightly accordingly
Fixed archive room / armory - extended floor collider, fixed missing wall, and added missing door
Fixed lower grid in scp012 being too tall and trapping 173 downstairs inside the room
Also started working on Zackonark's new room, got some UV in. Going forward, will be moving to a new release schedule - details to come. My next major task consists of working on dimensions and equippables, placing items around the map, and adding content. I hope to also be able to add some rooms as I think of them, to start adding some variety to the map. Maybe even some minor scps if they don't require a lot of coding.
Oh cool, thanks for making me feel use full XD
And as for the room its cool because it will be the first unique one . Your also amazing at this dev thing. This speed is astonishing well done

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.2.2 is out! (11/19/16)

zornor90 wrote:
Also started working on Zackonark's new room, got some UV in. Going forward, will be moving to a new release schedule - details to come. My next major task consists of working on dimensions and equippables, placing items around the map, and adding content. I hope to also be able to add some rooms as I think of them, to start adding some variety to the map. Maybe even some minor scps if they don't require a lot of coding.
Good!
Also,
Spoiler
could you work on adding my room
and correcting the textures?

If you don't know, the concrete texture is a bit ugly right now due to it not being positioned correctly. Honestly, this seems like a good time to flesh out the LCZ, it seemed so plain in SCPCB
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqWX9 ... TMygHSqKnA
Example I am an amateur youtuber and map maker for source games who became interested in SCP: Containment Breach when Markiplier posted his episodes on said game.

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev build 2 is out! (10.29.16)

eyedine wrote:Hey OP, you fine with me suggesting a room?

Anyway, "room4offices"

It's a room 4 light containment area with 4 offices, yes, offices in the LCZ.

Since I have no clue how the forum screenshot function works, I'll just post an imgur link

Yes, the room was built on the Valve hammer editor and uses lots of assets from various source games

Hopefully you can substitute those models with actual SCP:CB assets and such
Yeah I can consider making something like this. I might replace the office floor with officey textures like wood or something similar. As far as the style of the room goes, I like it; having a room like that will definitely break the monotony. I might have one or two SCPs randomly pop in as well

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.2.2a is out! (11/20/16)

Started working on upgrading pickups as I move towards importing the mask for SCP-1499. Figured that I would work on getting a highlighting system setup. Going to use a asset from the unity store to handle that, seems to work great with no slowdown!
Also started working on implementing Zackonark's room4lcz. I have a pretty sweet event planned for when you activate the air filtration system. I'm also taking some creative liberties - vent covers incoming!

zornor90 wrote:Started working on upgrading pickups as I move towards importing the mask for SCP-1499. Figured that I would work on getting a highlighting system setup. Going to use a asset from the unity store to handle that, seems to work great with no slowdown!
Also started working on implementing Zackonark's room4lcz. I have a pretty sweet event planned for when you activate the air filtration system. I'm also taking some creative liberties - vent covers incoming!
VENT COVERS? VENT COVERS? you absoloute genious zonor i love it! thats such a unique and realistic idea given the scp facility and small/173 objects

Nehpys wrote:
CommanderMark wrote:
zornor90 wrote:wow vent covers
Why on the floor in the middle of a random hallway?
Doesn't 173 travel by vents? If there was an event where you could see/hear the vent falling, then 173 appears, it would make sense. Add some variety other than just seeing 173 pop up now and then.
I only realized now that the screenshot was showing a fallen vent cover and not the actual vent. I thought he was actually placing a vent on the floor. Whoops.

CommanderMark wrote:
zornor90 wrote:wow vent covers
Why on the floor in the middle of a random hallway?
This room controls the air filtration system for light containment, so how it works is that there is a ceiling vent that sucks air up, and then four vents, one in each hallway, allow air to be pulled up from the floor below. The vents are closed off until the system is on to prevent contaminants from spreading. At least, that was my idea for adding covers

CommanderMark wrote:I only realized now that the screenshot was showing a fallen vent cover and not the actual vent. I thought he was actually placing a vent on the floor. Whoops.
Lol, you were right the first time. That is a vent.

BTW, very nice touch Zornor. Now I'm curious as to why I didn't think of that.
I'll have to scold my own creativity later.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website