Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - Indev v0.2.2a is out! (11/20/16)

Zackonark wrote:
CommanderMark wrote:I only realized now that the screenshot was showing a fallen vent cover and not the actual vent. I thought he was actually placing a vent on the floor. Whoops.
Lol, you were right the first time. That is a vent.

BTW, very nice touch Zornor. Now I'm curious as to why I didn't think of that.
I'll have to scold my own creativity later.
Haha no worries, I'm just happy to have a room to work on to get used to UV mapping rooms. Btw, did you have any ideas for the colors for the activator?

Progress is a bit slow now as I approach college graduation. The upside is that I will have a LOT more time to work on this project after graduation in a couple of weeks. I'm going to be making a trello soon where people can see my ideas and plans update in real time. Plus trello is pretty cool!

zornor90 wrote:Haha no worries, I'm just happy to have a room to work on to get used to UV mapping rooms. Btw, did you have any ideas for the colors for the activator?

Progress is a bit slow now as I approach college graduation. The upside is that I will have a LOT more time to work on this project after graduation in a couple of weeks. I'm going to be making a trello soon where people can see my ideas and plans update in real time. Plus trello is pretty cool!
TBH, I tried to semi-re-create the activators found in the areas were the player can find SCP's 049 and 096 from memory. So as far as color scheming, I would have done it as close to those very activators as possible... Or you could do a metallic casing with the inside of the switch being black and the pipes the same color as their brethren. (That's probably not the best combination, but hey, it's a start)
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Post 173 claimed XD but seriously its nice to see you having some people work on this with you, have you considered creating a thread so you can have a space for ppl to offer help.
And then there's me who lingers here with bug reports, seriously zonor 2.2A is amazingly stable, any problems are just things not implemented yet or already reported. I'll just have to wait until other scp's are implemented.then ill have my fun;) :duck:

Cross :duck: :duck: :duck:
EDIT one more thing, I don't think alot of people know about this project. It may be worth steam greenlighting when its got the intro or other scp's

cross-conception wrote:EDIT one more thing, I don't think alot of people know about this project. It may be worth steam greenlighting when its got the intro or other scp's
Slow down! We haven't even got to 0.4 and you're already going big!

There have actually been some people that played this on Youtube (I only saw one on 0.2 but there should be a few more playing it too), which is probably bringing this project some notability.

cross-conception wrote:Post 173 claimed XD but seriously its nice to see you having some people work on this with you, have you considered creating a thread so you can have a space for ppl to offer help.
And then there's me who lingers here with bug reports, seriously zonor 2.2A is amazingly stable, any problems are just things not implemented yet or already reported. I'll just have to wait until other scp's are implemented.then ill have my fun;) :duck:

Cross :duck: :duck: :duck:
EDIT one more thing, I don't think alot of people know about this project. It may be worth steam greenlighting when its got the intro or other scp's
This thread is probably enough, because of the low volume of people actually contributing things
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyqWX9 ... TMygHSqKnA
Example I am an amateur youtuber and map maker for source games who became interested in SCP: Containment Breach when Markiplier posted his episodes on said game.

Yeah, just finished my senior project presentation! ;D And I have a couple more finals. So it has been slow.

However, the good news is that I have lucked into a job that should allow me to focus on creating the game for quite some time.

I have made -some- progress. The biggest thing is that I reworked the Dimension system so that multiple dimensions can spawn now with their own entities and pickups. All that's left now is to write the generator for SCP-1499's world and the AI for the instances, and SCP-1499 will be bare-bones implemented!

And the even better news is that now that a framework for Dimensions exists, adding SCP-106's dimension will be a lot less work (and the forest, and any dimensions in the future)