Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

Patreon Weekly Build: Alpha 0.3.7 out!

Started fixing up the pathfinding engine this week as well as tweaked the sound engine slightly. The majority of my work was in another branch on the pathfinding, but I did do some stuff on the main branch as well!

I think that realistically, new general build will be out either this Friday or next Friday. Once I finish the new world gen, I have some more pathfinding engine fixes to complete, and then I need to move on to general bug fixes and fixing up all the new features to look good!

Check it out!

Changelog

Code: Select all

v0.3.7

Moved call to disable grids before call to disable root dimension gameobject
Added back console commands to list and give items
List_items now makes it clear which part is the item name and which part is the item id
When receiving PathingStatus.Failed, 173 now moves to the nearest cell if it can
OptionsUI now builds connections in Start() instead of Awake(), as it should
Moved initialize statement in RoomGrid to happen in the asynchronous callback, as it should
Put portal initialization in that callback as well
Changed 173 path options
-Next node distance is 0.5, which is the recommended 1/2 of grid cell size by Apex Path
Reworked grids in 173_opt to make a bit more sense
Added new skybox for 1499A
Fixed alarms not playing in airlock room
Reduced retrigger percentage for door and interact sounds so that they can now play instantly when needed even if the sound hasn't finished playing somewhere else. This fixes bugs where the button sound wouldn't play as fast as the player clicked and the door sound sometimes wouldn't play at all
Reduce player walk audio volume from 0.35 to 0.3
Added SCP logo for game icon
Started reworking lights inside of 173's containment chamber

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

ReptileMonster wrote:When do you think you'll publicly release it?
I'm feeling either this coming Friday (2/24) or next Friday (3/3)!
xhul wrote: Indeed, i'm desperately in need of a working inverted mouse Y axis option.
Whoops! I would fix that and add that to the old build but unfortunately I reworked the entire options system since the last general build so it's not an easy fix. I will say that it is working in the new build so when I release the next general one you'll be able to actually use invert mouse!

Brunou8 wrote:Why would the SCP Foundation hide important rooms in the facility? That makes no sense, even less in an emergency event. That would only make them seem as if they wanted everything to fail and the SCPs to escape in case of emergency, because important rooms with the appropriate security measures would be hidden. In short: Like stupids.

Zornor, if you are going to add that feature I suggest you do in a separate mode, because it just kills the immersion.
That's pretty much the same thing as asking why we would need to find keycards when there is a emergency happening and we need to escape.

You shouldn't be able to find the rooms mentioned here... No one would want a D-class that has access to the electrical center or the surveillance room.

Hidden also just means hard to find, which doesn't kill the immersion, because the D-class is in a confused situation. Real buildings don't show their electrical centers or surveillance rooms publicly as well.

And lastly, it isn't about making all of these rooms hidden it is about making hiddenness a customizable setting, which would change depending on the difficulty setting and yes, it should be disabled completely in the easiest one.

ME2 wrote:That's pretty much the same thing as asking why we would need to find keycards when there is a emergency happening and we need to escape.
Not at all. If you actually paid attention to the game, the intercom says that a forced lockdown has been initiated. This isn't a problem since all the personnel in the facility wouldn't have to find a keycard in the first place, they all have one. That way, all personnel is able to escape while the class-Ds are left in.
ME2 wrote:You shouldn't be able to find the rooms mentioned here... No one would want a D-class that has access to the electrical center or the surveillance room.
"That's why we should sacrifice most of the personnel in the facility, to prevent a simple class-D to find these rooms." Nice logic there.
ME2 wrote:Hidden also just means hard to find, which doesn't kill the immersion, because the D-class is in a confused situation. Real buildings don't show their electrical centers or surveillance rooms publicly as well.
Those rooms aren't that hard to find in real buildings, some aren't even hidden. This a picture of Metro de Santiago, I've been at this station several times before. Here you can see a door at the right, next to a woman, that can be entered only by the Metro personnel, yet it is exposed to the public.
Spoiler
ME2 wrote:And lastly, it isn't about making all of these rooms hidden it is about making hiddenness a customizable setting, which would change depending on the difficulty setting and yes, it should be disabled completely in the easiest one.
Zornor has already said he has plans for it.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Brunou8 wrote:
ME2 wrote:That's pretty much the same thing as asking why we would need to find keycards when there is a emergency happening and we need to escape.
Not at all. If you actually paid attention to the game, the intercom says that a forced lockdown has been initiated. This isn't a problem since all the personnel in the facility wouldn't have to find a keycard in the first place, they all have one. That way, all personnel is able to escape while the class-Ds are left in.
ME2 wrote:You shouldn't be able to find the rooms mentioned here... No one would want a D-class that has access to the electrical center or the surveillance room.
"That's why we should sacrifice most of the personnel in the facility, to prevent a simple class-D to find these rooms." Nice logic there.
ME2 wrote:Hidden also just means hard to find, which doesn't kill the immersion, because the D-class is in a confused situation. Real buildings don't show their electrical centers or surveillance rooms publicly as well.
Those rooms aren't that hard to find in real buildings, some aren't even hidden. This a picture of Metro de Santiago, I've been at this station several times before. Here you can see a door at the right, next to a woman, that can be entered only by the Metro personnel, yet it is exposed to the public.
Spoiler
ME2 wrote:And lastly, it isn't about making all of these rooms hidden it is about making hiddenness a customizable setting, which would change depending on the difficulty setting and yes, it should be disabled completely in the easiest one.
Zornor has already said he has plans for it.
Let's just ignore this and look at the wonderful picture of 173 that Zornor posted.