Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

General Release – Alpha v0.4.0 is out!

Hey folks! After almost two months, the new build is ready for public release!

Get it here!

There have been a LOT of system changes. The major ones are listed below.

World Gen System
The biggest change in v0.4.0 is the implementation of my custom, sector-based worldgen system. This system creates sectors of interesting rooms (rooms containing SCP rooms) and connects them together. This system fixes the problem in the old system where rooms would be generated light years apart. It also is infinitely scalable – I, and modders once I have modding in, can add as many SCP rooms as we like and as long as we follow the system correctly, they will plug right in.

Audio – Purchased and implemented Master Audio: AAA
I purchased the master audio asset. This asset allows sounds to be streamed in when needed and then unloaded, keeping memory low. It also allows for sounds to be on separate buses, making it easy to enable / disable certain kinds of sound (ambient, SCP, player, etc). Finally, it separates music and audio and allows for a lot of powerful customization, volume mixing, sound ducking, and eventually audio occlusion. Well worth the money, thanks to my patrons for making it happen!

Highlighting System – Purchased and implemented Highlighting System
Interactables in the game are now highlighted. This increases immersions and helps the player know when they are mousing over something they can interact with. There are several quality levels, and the highlight can be disabled completely in order to better recreate the feel of the original game.

Elevators
Elevators are in! Currently teleporting the player between the facility and the storage room, the elevators make use of Unity’s prefab system to allow seamless transition between points. They utilize a ElevatorFloor system to allow as many floors as the user wants, not just two. Note that these are just teleport elevators; eventually real moving elevators will be added for some new rooms and areas.

Tesla Gate
Tesla gate is fully armed and operational. Uses Unity’s particle system for better graphics. Will kill the player, take care!

Settings
I imported the free library SharpConfig to allow settings to be loaded / saved in an ini file. Settings are now persistent between playthroughs. Audio settings, input settings, and graphics are now all stored in the file.

Other cool stuff!
• Started supporting Linux and will do my best to keep that build in sync with the Windows build
• Added a text reader to help people read the documents on low-resolution screens and lower resolution settings
• Pathfinding grids now initialize in a smarter fashion when returning from SCP-1499’s dimension, so it should take less time for the facility to load back in
• New post-processing effect – bloom! Thanks to Unity’s upgraded Post Processing Stack
• Started turning room furniture into reusable prefabs to more easily create rooms in the future
• Did some lighting work in several rooms
• Added a possibility for SCP-173 to despawn for a period of time to give the player some breathing room
• Added a music system to track dimension, area, and event music. Event music is prioritized over area music, with dimension music as a fallback. That way the correct music will always be playing and then the audio manager will switch to the next best as the event ends, player exits the area, etc.
• All loading screens from the original game are in and working

Let me know what you all think! Hope you like the changes I’ve made. This build focused heavily on systems. Going forward, I will be using those systems in the next build to add SCPs, SCP animations, rooms, and controller support in the next build.

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.3.1a is out (1/8/17)

zornor90 wrote: Let me know what you all think! Hope you like the changes I’ve made. This build focused heavily on systems. Going forward, I will be using those systems in the next build to add SCPs, SCP animations, rooms, and controller support in the next build.
Basically my only gripe aside from the Patreon is that it looks like a Unity project.
I'm fairly certain that most everybody who has played indie games on PC, especially horror ones, will know what I mean.
Instead of just being vague, I'll say that essentially what I mean is it still doesn't completely grasp the unique aesthetic that CB had. Maybe it's because everything graphics-wise isn't finished, but I personally feel as though implementing SCPs is one of the last things you should do next to adding a way to beat the game.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Re: Containment Breach Unity Edition (2016) - General build v0.4.0 is out (3/10/17)

Zornor, why are you complicating the tesla gate animations?
- the gate animations would be better if it was just be like a lighning bolt going through the player's body and to the other end of the gate (positive charge to one side and negative charge in the other)
- you should be hearing a hum

in moments, i will be uploading new sound effects for the tesla gate.

zornor90 wrote:Hey folks! After almost two months, the new build is ready for public release!
Amazing !
First of all, big thanks for the inverted mouse functionality, i can properly hack your brain now.
Already found some pretty interesting insects.
I'll do my best to dedicate more time this weekend for a fat testing session, and will report all my discoveries afterwards.
Love =]

xhul wrote:
zornor90 wrote:Hey folks! After almost two months, the new build is ready for public release!
Amazing !
First of all, big thanks for the inverted mouse functionality, i can properly hack your brain now.
Already found some pretty interesting insects.
I'll do my best to dedicate more time this weekend for a fat testing session, and will report all my discoveries afterwards.
Love =]
Awesome, looking forward to what you discover!
TwentyPotatoes wrote:Zornor, why are you complicating the tesla gate animations?
- the gate animations would be better if it was just be like a lighning bolt going through the player's body and to the other end of the gate (positive charge to one side and negative charge in the other)
- you should be hearing a hum

in moments, i will be uploading new sound effects for the tesla gate.
TwentyPotatoes wrote:[youtube]fhJXVEP0qbk[/youtube]
Thanks so much for the feedback and sound ideas! I'm going to be leaving the tesla gate alone for now while I begin to focus on other things, but the nice thing is that because the functionality is already in place, updating the sound and / or graphics will be pretty simple in the future. When I take a look at it again in the future, I'll definitely keep these ideas in mind!