Scp-173's creepiness needs to be buffed again!

It's been awhile since iv'e posted or reported a bug, so i begun to think about how i could contribute to the development of Containment Breach again for a time.

Naturally i thought of 173 and the fact that he recently got a little buff to his movement speed, and then i remembered a very creepy moment 3 years ago whenever my friend entered the "electrical box" hallway. (the one where the lights go out and 173 has a chance to spawn there.)

173 was staring straight at him while it's body was facing the wall, i remember this making him significantly creepier and my friend decided the new top dog was once again Scp-173.

I was wondering if anyone else like the poses 173 had at that time enough to support a pitch to have them restored to the game?

I realize that they were initially removed due to a glitch/bug that allowed him to zoom up a catwalk, but its been some years and iv'e also noticed an impressive increase in programming skill on the coder's part.

I would hereby like to start up a little following (with a humorous name) in order to encourage the game developers to restore 173's previous "antics" and "I'm gonna get YOU" oomph again.

Lets unite together as the "Make Scp-173 great again" group! ^^ I know the coders could do it, even a Mod would be fantastic if it worked correctly. # :173: :173: :173:
-Dr.Wolf

Re: Scp-173's creepiness needs to be buffed again!

Lol XD he already does that *laughs sarcastically* atleast it's been simmering down over the years, I think any update in his AI would be a great adjustment. And perhaps the ability to maybe kill Mtfs? ((I dunno))

Just a bunch of ideas to explore, hopefully I'll be able to recognize any devs who reply.

This is mainly a large suggestion to them, since I know this game is a doozy to work on due to it's meagerly outdated engine.

That, and the film they're working on.

Better RUN :173: 😈
-Dr.Wolf

Dr. Wolf wrote:I realize that they were initially removed due to a glitch/bug that allowed him to zoom up a catwalk, but its been some years and iv'e also noticed an impressive increase in programming skill on the coder's part.
Actually it was removed because the new optimized SCP-173 model didn't have that head-turning animation or any sort of rigging. Programming-wise it's trivial to implement, so if anyone with more modelling skills than me wants to go and rig the model, I don't see why it couldn't be readded.
Vane Brain wrote:
Corrosive Beast wrote:Regalis mentioned a reboot to scp cb so maybe if he makes it and uses a better engine he can implement some scary ass stuff :0
He never mentioned that
I've said many times that I might do a reboot or a sequel to SCP-CB in the future. And if I did, it would definitely not be on Blitz3D. However, the creative commons license is a pretty big drawback when making an SCP game. While technically it's possible to make a commercial game despite the license, it does make things a lot more difficult. In the end it might make more sense to do a game that's more like a spiritual successor to SCP-CB without explicitly using the SCP universe.

But nothing is set in stone yet, and in any case I want to focus on finishing Barotrauma before I start putting more thought into future projects. I know there are a lot of people who don't give a shit about Barotrauma and would like me to focus on SCP games again, and I apologize to you, but there are also a lot of people who aren't interested in SCP-CB but are eagerly waiting for BT to be finished.

Corrosive Beast wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:
Corrosive Beast wrote:Regalis mentioned a reboot to scp cb so maybe if he makes it and uses a better engine he can implement some scary ass stuff :0
He never mentioned that
Looks like a random noob like me knows more than a scp cb dev :D
Let's not be smug about it. plus, were going off topic. :173:
:duck:

Metroid construction: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/in ... le;u=40862

Regalis wrote:
Dr. Wolf wrote:I realize that they were initially removed due to a glitch/bug that allowed him to zoom up a catwalk, but its been some years and iv'e also noticed an impressive increase in programming skill on the coder's part.
Actually it was removed because the new optimized SCP-173 model didn't have that head-turning animation or any sort of rigging. Programming-wise it's trivial to implement, so if anyone with more modelling skills than me wants to go and rig the model, I don't see why it couldn't be readded.
Vane Brain wrote:
He never mentioned that
I've said many times that I might do a reboot or a sequel to SCP-CB in the future. And if I did, it would definitely not be on Blitz3D. However, the creative commons license is a pretty big drawback when making an SCP game. While technically it's possible to make a commercial game despite the license, it does make things a lot more difficult. In the end it might make more sense to do a game that's more like a spiritual successor to SCP-CB without explicitly using the SCP universe.

But nothing is set in stone yet, and in any case I want to focus on finishing Barotrauma before I start putting more thought into future projects. I know there are a lot of people who don't give a shit about Barotrauma and would like me to focus on SCP games again, and I apologize to you, but there are also a lot of people who aren't interested in SCP-CB but are eagerly waiting for BT to be finished.
And there is zero wrong with your priorities, ((i'll fill you in if anything comes up or mention it on a post if something changes with the licensing, what is the main restriction from it by the way?))

also if its really fine with you, i have a couple people who are interested in showing off their coding skills. if one was indeed able to rig the model would it be implacable in a future update of the game?

Plus as a final note i keep close tabs on your other projects and find them quite awesome XP The underwater game is quite creepy whenever i read about it.

i test Scp all the time and figure i could maybe contribute more if i gather the resources, so im all the more eager as a result to do what i can if allowed. :173: *trolling Concrete scrape noises*
-Dr.Wolf