Re: My theory about the graphical "flicker" bug.

Inclination wrote:
LORD DEATH wrote::gasp: A message from the Creator himself! In all seriousness, it sounds like that will take a lot of work. It's a good thing that my computer isn't that powerful because this will give me the opportunity to test the full amount of optimization. Good luck sorting that mess out.
They probably won't though; everything is just outdated and primitive. Trying to revamp the whole project would take a long time.
The stability and performance can be improved to some extent with reasonable effort, but that's just patching a system that's fundamentally broken. At this point I think remaking the game on a more modern engine would be an easier task than trying to sort the current mess out. But as said, the game can still be improved even without a full rewrite and hopefully will be in the future updates, even if no-one's willing to take up the task of revamping the whole project.

Regalis wrote:
The stability and performance can be improved to some extent with reasonable effort, but that's just patching a system that's fundamentally broken. At this point I think remaking the game on a more modern engine would be an easier task than trying to sort the current mess out. But as said, the game can still be improved even without a full rewrite and hopefully will be in the future updates, even if no-one's willing to take up the task of revamping the whole project.
We'll someone already has taken up the task for remaking the game on the Unity engine. His name is zornor90. He's come further in the process than any other developer I've seen so far, and is still highly dedicated to the task.

Here's his thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5553

He also has a Trello account showing in detail his development plans. It looks very promising: https://trello.com/b/KKqP1gjP/containme ... evelopment
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill
===============================

LORD DEATH wrote:
Regalis wrote:
We'll someone already has taken up the task for remaking the game on the Unity engine. His name is zornor90. He's come further in the process than any other developer I've seen so far, and is still highly dedicated to the task.

Here's his thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5553

He also has a Trello account showing in detail his development plans. It looks very promising: https://trello.com/b/KKqP1gjP/containme ... evelopment
I know, I linked the thread in my post. :) It does look very promising, more promising than any of the porting projects I've seen so far.