Re: The intro the the game makes no sense

That Same Anon wrote:Why are some offices right next to both the D-Class cells and SCP-173's chamber?
The site in-game afaik is just a storage facility. The major problem with it is the fact that it's so crammed on space that SCPs are spread really near A) each other and B) offices.

And the modular site project was probably a helper too.

That Same Anon wrote:Why are some offices right next to both the D-Class cells and SCP-173's chamber? Honestly, I'd blame Dr. Maynard for cooking up the Modular Design Project that's the explanation behind the random map generation. He clearly was sabotaging the facility by building it to be a maze, so the office location there was likely intentional.
This is probably one of the best explanations (or excuses if we want to be real about this) for the bad design of the facility. In all honesty, if the game did get a remake like what zornor90 is doing, we'd be more in a position to do something about it. Unfortunately the game is already too deep in it's development to make such a massive change/addition without doing a whole bunch of changes to the intro sequence and possibly the entire map generator which I hear is basically black box even to the devs at this point.

In terms of how the game was developed, you have to look back at the games roots to understand. The game was never intended to be this complex. Regalis sort of added in various things here and there to make the game more believable for those playing it. As time went on, it suffered a lot from the modular design because the map generation was originally 100% random such that the game didn't even have winnable seeds with exits. That being the case, a lot of these changes (I think) where added per request on a whim and not with any real big picture design concept in mind. I guess you could say that this is what gives the game its flavor. The design never really made sense to begin with but that's what made it fun.
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill
===============================

That Same Anon wrote:Why are some offices right next to both the D-Class cells and SCP-173's chamber? Honestly, I'd blame Dr. Maynard for cooking up the Modular Design Project that's the explanation behind the random map generation. He clearly was sabotaging the facility by building it to be a maze, so the office location there was likely intentional.
There's a reason I hated the Modular Design Project as a thing in the games backstory; it doesn't excuse the fact that the random generation the game uses sucks, and how did that thing even get approved by the Foundation anyway? Really, it makes the Foundation look incredibly incompetent and even outright stupid, no matter how much stress they're apparently under.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time