SCP Suggestion:Song SCP

Instead of another eye Mechanic on the game, how about a hearing Mechanic?

A Song will be played whenever the player stayed on one spot for too long. The song/songs will have both good and bad effect on the player. I suggest Gloomy Sunday written in 1932 by Rezső Seress which attributed to more suicides than any other songs in history. Another is My Way by Frank Sinatra, which is attributed to a lot of murder in the Philippines over how the song is sung.

Basically, Gloomy Sunday will heal the player while he can't sprint and cause some SCPs to become passive (ex. SCP-096 will remain docile even if you've seen his face, etc.), and staying for too long will cause the player to commit suicide. The My Way will cause the player to be hyper aggressive and he will run much faster than usual, (SCP will be hyper aggressive too), staying will cause the player to go on a berserker rage and attack anyone in contact. equipping SCP-714 negates all effects on the player. Gas Mask or Hazmat Suit imbued with SCP-148 have similar effect (Making acquiring SCP-148 a necessity rather than an option)

Speakers can be turned ON and OFF depending on the players gameplay, however both will have dire consequences. The songs will also affect the Nine Tail Foxes roaming the Facility (Gloomy Sunday will make them passive and not shoot the player and My Way will cause them to go Berserk and attack each other). Although it is good that they won't shoot you anymore, there won't be anyone able to contain SCP-173 and thus free to roam the entire facility (and stalk the player).

So what do you think?

Re: SCP Suggestion:Song SCP

lostlogic69 wrote:Instead of another eye Mechanic on the game, how about a hearing Mechanic?

A Song will be played whenever the player stayed on one spot for too long. The song/songs will have both good and bad effect on the player. I suggest Gloomy Sunday written in 1932 by Rezső Seress which attributed to more suicides than any other songs in history. Another is My Way by Frank Sinatra, which is attributed to a lot of murder in the Philippines over how the song is sung.

Basically, Gloomy Sunday will heal the player while he can't sprint and cause some SCPs to become passive (ex. SCP-096 will remain docile even if you've seen his face, etc.), and staying for too long will cause the player to commit suicide. The My Way will cause the player to be hyper aggressive and he will run much faster than usual, (SCP will be hyper aggressive too), staying will cause the player to go on a berserker rage and attack anyone in contact. equipping SCP-714 negates all effects on the player. Gas Mask or Hazmat Suit imbued with SCP-148 have similar effect (Making acquiring SCP-148 a necessity rather than an option)

Speakers can be turned ON and OFF depending on the players gameplay, however both will have dire consequences. The songs will also affect the Nine Tail Foxes roaming the Facility (Gloomy Sunday will make them passive and not shoot the player and My Way will cause them to go Berserk and attack each other). Although it is good that they won't shoot you anymore, there won't be anyone able to contain SCP-173 and thus free to roam the entire facility (and stalk the player).

So what do you think?
So are you saying for someone make an scp that is music because this is not where they are created go to http://www.scp-wiki.net there go to the tags and look for a auditory skip then recommend because your idea sounds interesting but I'm not sure how this mechanic could be implemented like this (ex:press a button to cover you ears or what) but there is one scp I can say fits your criteria SCP-407.
Found?

Blue Prefect wrote:
lostlogic69 wrote:Instead of another eye Mechanic on the game, how about a hearing Mechanic?

So what do you think?
So are you saying for someone make an scp that is music because this is not where they are created go to http://www.scp-wiki.net there go to the tags and look for a auditory skip then recommend because your idea sounds interesting but I'm not sure how this mechanic could be implemented like this (ex:press a button to cover you ears or what) but there is one scp I can say fits your criteria SCP-407.
A simple mechanic would be for the player to simply leave the room where the song is playing and find a room where there are no speaker or find SCP-714 or SCP-148 to negate it's effect. It heightens the players awareness of surrounding since he will be closely scrutinizing every rooms if they have a speaker or not, it also heightens the players panic mode since he'll be scrambling to find a room without a speaker. SCP-407 would be great since most of my suggestions are already included.

lostlogic69 wrote:
Blue Prefect wrote:

So what do you think?
A simple mechanic would be for the player to simply leave the room where the song is playing and find a room where there are no speaker or find SCP-714 or SCP-148 to negate it's effect. It heightens the players awareness of surrounding since he will be closely scrutinizing every rooms if they have a speaker or not, it also heightens the players panic mode since he'll be scrambling to find a room without a speaker. SCP-407 would be great since most of my suggestions are already included.
But how would D-9341 be scrambling when he hears the song if he wasn't previously exposed to the song and knows what it does, unless in game we witness another D-class, guard, scientist, or janitor be exposed when we are in a soundproof room that overlooks....wait who or what is blasting the audio SCP-079?Also would this SCP be in its containment chamber which means its a one time thing such as SCP-012 which people avoid since it serves no purpose or randomly blasted in a room with a range of 4 rooms all directions.
Found?

Blue Prefect wrote: But how would D-9341 be scrambling when he hears the song if he wasn't previously exposed to the song and knows what it does, unless in game we witness another D-class, guard, scientist, or janitor be exposed when we are in a soundproof room that overlooks....wait who or what is blasting the audio SCP-079?Also would this SCP be in its containment chamber which means its a one time thing such as SCP-012 which people avoid since it serves no purpose or randomly blasted in a room with a range of 4 rooms all directions.
D-9341 is an anomaly himself, since at the ending scene, the SCP Staff refer to him as SCP-9341 "The Intelligent and Clever Man" . They could tie-in this with "Incident X-23" leading to the deletion of SCP-407.

Yes, it could blast in a a room with a range of 4 rooms in all direction or any room with a speaker on it, but I am not a developer so I leave the mechanics to them, I'm just giving suggestions if they find it useful.

lostlogic69 wrote:
Blue Prefect wrote: But how would D-9341 be scrambling when he hears the song if he wasn't previously exposed to the song and knows what it does, unless in game we witness another D-class, guard, scientist, or janitor be exposed when we are in a soundproof room that overlooks....wait who or what is blasting the audio SCP-079?Also would this SCP be in its containment chamber which means its a one time thing such as SCP-012 which people avoid since it serves no purpose or randomly blasted in a room with a range of 4 rooms all directions.
D-9341 is an anomaly himself, since at the ending scene, the SCP Staff refer to him as SCP-9341 "The Intelligent and Clever Man" . They could tie-in this with "Incident X-23" leading to the deletion of SCP-407.

Yes, it could blast in a a room with a range of 4 rooms in all direction or any room with a speaker on it, but I am not a developer so I leave the mechanics to them, I'm just giving suggestions if they find it useful.
This is not a bad idea; it seems like another SCP that is a threat could be added to the game.

Inclination wrote:This is not a bad idea; it seems like another SCP that is a threat could be added to the game.
Thanks, with the Scarcity of Med Kits and Storage Space, it's a great way to recover from damage inflicted by SCP-106 or nine tail foxes plus it's a good space control forcing the player to move to another location and increasing the chances of meeting the other SCPs.

Inclination wrote:
lostlogic69 wrote:

This is not a bad idea; it seems like another SCP that is a threat could be added to the game.
Yeah I like it as well, but I'm having some hesitation but maybe Regalis or Vane Brain could see this and share their opinion on a auditory skip as to first green lighting it before we get ahead of ourselves.So in general great but unsure of the idea ohh but also if SCP-407 was going to be the scp used for this then the GOI Serpent's Hand and the Black Queen would be involved.
Found?

So I had time to read SCP-407 and perculate my brain and I realized there's a lot of things you can add to the game with this. Here are some additional suggestions I hope can be added to the game.

During the "Song", The entire area can transform the area into like a green jungle (with moss and small trees) akin to Silent Hill mechanic where the Scenery change whenever the "Siren" is wailing.
Those useless corpses in the map that serves only as props can now be turned into trees that can those house insects that will attack the player as he passes those 3-hallways or block his path force him to take detours, or wait for the song to finish.
If SCP-049 neutralizes SCP-714, the player can either get SCP-148.
A new drink can be added to SCP-294 called "Deaf" which neutralizes all sound (upside you can't hear SCP-407, Downside you can't hear all the other SCP's).