Re: This poor game deserves better.

Not sure if you're a troll or short-sighted. Nothing is wrong with constructive criticism if that's what you're going for: SCP:CB is far from being a perfect or at least an ideal performance-consistent game, and it will need feedback that's valuable to improve it even further. It's just that how you deliver it is immature, like you're one of those very dumb kids you reference as Unity devs on one of your posts (you're not totally wrong, it's just that they are not the only users of the engine). I'm sorry to be blunt but that's how your posts sound like, and the fact that you're impatient to read negativity won't help you either. I've been on your stage honestly; while I don't post in that manner, I sound quite like it. Trust me if it won't bode well good for you in the long run.
Last edited by autotroph on Sun May 21, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Corrosive Beast wrote:too long didnt read.
If it was an answer you wanted, why bother posting a brush-off? Being part of a community is about taking criticism, and learning the difference between criticism and blind hating. Mark didn't just say "Your opinions are shit and so are you", he gave you his insight into the problem with Containment Breach and how a "better engine" would both benefit and not change the quality of the game. Also, note that Barotrauma is Regalis' top priority right now (at least until his next project, whatever that may be) and that game will actually end up with a price tag and thus be more worthy of improvement than Containment Breach, which was created for fun. If you'd kindly take the time to read the linked post, you'd probably understand.

Or would you? Not to get into the whole "criticising a person vs criticising their work/posts etc", but from reading your posts, I don't think you're as capable of listening to reason as you might claim, and if you thought before clicking "Submit" once in a while, you might be a lot better off in the end, and have a better time on the forums. Also note that pointing out problems doesn't make them go away. Your constant posts along the lines of "so many bugs! devs are shit lol" randomly and awkwardly inserted into random threads aren't clever or funny. Know that there are only 2 people (both of whom aren't Regalis) actively developing the game. Anyone else who had a hand in the past is working on either their own thing or Barotrauma, or just doesn't visit these forums anymore.

And ignoring the odd tangent at the end where it just seemed like you venting off hot air, I have a ton of games I love that use Unity, and a ton of games I wish to have, many probably also using Unity. It isn't the engine which makes the game, it's the programmer.

AgentParadox wrote:
Corrosive Beast wrote:too long didnt read.
If it was an answer you wanted, why bother posting a brush-off? Being part of a community is about taking criticism, and learning the difference between criticism and blind hating. Mark didn't just say "Your opinions are shit and so are you", he gave you his insight into the problem with Containment Breach and how a "better engine" would both benefit and not change the quality of the game. Also, note that Barotrauma is Regalis' top priority right now (at least until his next project, whatever that may be) and that game will actually end up with a price tag and thus be more worthy of improvement than Containment Breach, which was created for fun. If you'd kindly take the time to read the linked post, you'd probably understand.

Or would you? Not to get into the whole "criticising a person vs criticising their work/posts etc", but from reading your posts, I don't think you're as capable of listening to reason as you might claim, and if you thought before clicking "Submit" once in a while, you might be a lot better off in the end, and have a better time on the forums. Also note that pointing out problems doesn't make them go away. Your constant posts along the lines of "so many bugs! devs are shit lol" randomly and awkwardly inserted into random threads aren't clever or funny. Know that there are only 2 people (both of whom aren't Regalis) actively developing the game. Anyone else who had a hand in the past is working on either their own thing or Barotrauma, or just doesn't visit these forums anymore.

And ignoring the odd tangent at the end where it just seemed like you venting off hot air, I have a ton of games I love that use Unity, and a ton of games I wish to have, many probably also using Unity. It isn't the engine which makes the game, it's the programmer.
too long didnt read.
can you guys say what your opinion with a few lines of text