Re: This poor game deserves better.

I'll make this short and as painless as possible.

To address your original post:

There have been many attempts to port this game to a new engine.
None of them work because it's too hard. (It's more complicated than that, but you don't want to read)
We all know the game needs a new engine, it's just very hard to do.

The SCPs used in this game are basically under a very strict copyright license and they can not be part of a sold product.
Because SCP Containment Breach uses the SCPs, it can not be sold.
Because SCP Containment breach can not be sold, it will never make money.
Because SCP Containment Breach will never make money, companies don't care and don't want to port it.

Thread locked.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Hubbawubba64 wrote:The SCPs used in this game are basically under a very strict copyright license and they can not be part of a sold product.
Because SCP Containment Breach uses the SCPs, it can not be sold.
Because SCP Containment breach can not be sold, it will never make money.
Because SCP Containment Breach will never make money, companies don't care and don't want to port it.

Thread locked.
The SCPs are NOT under a very strict copyright license, it's basically the exact opposite. The wiki is under a Creative Commons license which allows anyone to do pretty much anything with the material, including using it for commercial purposes. A commercial SCP game would still be hard to pull off due to the license, because it requires derivative works to be shared under the same license.

Corrosive Beast wrote:
SCP-Draconist wrote:
Corrosive Beast wrote:
Negative kids like you will make this thread locked!
GO AWAY FROM MY THREAD its for civilized talk not for neatherlands
And YOU can't even spell "Neanderthals" correctly.

Which brings me to say this: no matter how you look at it, a Neanderthal has MORE brain capacity, intelligence and comprehension than you have displayed in your OP and replies to others in this thread.

You scoff at anyone who is trying to help you understand "why, where, who & what" because it's either "tl;dr" for you or you post something else without thinking and hope it counters the point the other person is trying to make.

You are literally being a useless braindead lump of human flesh, wasting the time and effort people put into helping you understand why you are wrong on multiple details concerning SCP-CB.

At this point, i'd say there's 2 things you can do.

1) Actually use your brain to understand and comprehend what you are being told and improve your opinions.
2) Remain as ignorant and shallowminded as you are now and stay the same braindead human being until the day you die.
Hi, i didnt read your post because it was too long can you make another post where you say what you have to say with a few lines of text

Hi, i didn't read your post but you should probably spend the duration of your ban practicing your reading comprehension
Alright, so you choose to remain ignorant no matter what we say.

And so you shall remain an ignorant and shallowminded person until you exhale your last breath.

No use in trying to educate someone like you. But i guess that's fine too, that just means you'll find out the hard way. Or not.

And until you do, one thing is for sure: you are a waste of time.

AgentParadox wrote:
Corrosive Beast wrote:Hi, i didnt read your post because it was too long can you make another post where you say what you have to say with a few lines of text
The only way to do that, I'm afraid, would be to insult you. But we can't do that. I'm sorry, but it's gotten to that point where you're so unreasonable that you seem to enjoy chaos.

Hopefully, that clears up any misunderstandings you have. But it won't, I just know it.
Pardon me, but chaos? This doesn't even come close to real chaos :laugh:

Corrosive Beast wrote:I dont get it guys i make my point with a few lines of text why cant you just do the same without insulting or making big postd nobody cares to read
To be honest, the first few replies on this threads 1st page actually sum up what the problem is with the points you mention in your Opening post. Along with Regalis' and Hubbawubba's post on this 7th page, i think you have been provided enough information to at least make you reconsider your reasoning behind all you mention in your Opening Post.

"Why can't you just do the same without insulting or making big posts nobody cares to read?"

Why can't you be mature enough to not scoff passively-agressively at anyone who actually puts time and effort into explaining to you why you are wrong in a perfectly acceptable manner? Why must you bitch, moan and be disrespectful to those who made the "big posts" you complain about, where people tell you things as they are about SCP-CB?

And about insulting... i am pretty sure you were the first to throw in some immature insult about "people who have nothing better to do with their lives".

Regalis wrote: The SCPs are NOT under a very strict copyright license, it's basically the exact opposite. The wiki is under a Creative Commons license which allows anyone to do pretty much anything with the material, including using it for commercial purposes. A commercial SCP game would still be hard to pull off due to the license, because it requires derivative works to be shared under the same license.
I figured explaining CC would explode his brain if he couldn't read a paragraph. I limited it to strict copyright and said "basically" because an actual copyright law was the closest thing I could relate it to without going into detail.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Honestly, this game is like butter and definitely seems to require higher processing power in order to function. That is, from my experience at least. I'm sure there are issues both on the programmers' side as well as the engine's. Heck, that's practically a given with every game.

A game is made by the programmer, not the engine. Sure, the engine can make it more or less difficult, but it's ultimately up to just how lazy and/or dedicated the developer is. For example, I've seen plenty of shit Metroid fangames, and some really damn good ones, all made with Gamemaker.
Spoiler
shit
[youtube]zah5Nac4hsI[/youtube]
(Dunno for sure if that is Gamemaker. A quick Googling didn't bring up any project page)

Pretty damn good
[youtube]IKxesrCU3kg[/youtube]
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website