SCP Unreal Redux (UPDATED 8/15/17 ALPHA 1.0.0)

Welcome to the SCP Unreal Redux official thread. Yes, that's right, yet another f███ing port!

The new build seems to be causing false positives in lots of antivirus programs. I don't know if there's anything I can do about this for now.

Download

Current version
New Features
More progress on the LCZ. Items and documents added to rooms. Lots of performance optimizations. Architecture for multiplayer. Full map procedurally generated (only LCZ rooms have models currently). And much, much more!™

Development

The initial goal of this project is to create a 1:1 port of Containment Breach into the Unreal Engine. Same rooms, same gameplay, same AI, same look and feel.
Differences will come from a feature having a bad difficulty-to-reward ratio, fixing glaring errors from the original, or features inherent to using a modern game engine (lighting and shadows, no MAVs, 'instant' load times).

Once that is accomplished the goal will split into two branches, which may or may not get equal attention depending on the circumstances at that point in time.
One branch will stay true to the original game and try to stay as up to date as possible with it. (This is in order to facilitate modding, or possibly even development by the actual team should they feel like learning UE4.)
The other branch will go in another direction, implementing gameplay changes, balancing, visual enhancements, and virtually any other type of improvement independent of the direction of the original game.
I personally hope this could turn into a community project of sorts, given how easy UE4 development is.

Pre-Alpha (Finished August 2017)
Converting and importing assets, developing workflows, developing basic architectures.
Alpha (Current Stage)
All workflows developed, all basic architectures developed, working on building the game from a shell into something recognizable as Containment Breach.
Beta (ETA: Eventually)
All gameplay features exist in at least some basic form. Game is playable and enjoyable even though there are unfinished features.
Release (ETA: Eventually++)
'Everything' is done, no major bugs, progressively improving the game beyond the original mechanics.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves...

"Finished" Features
Spoiler
Player movement
Blinking
Fog
Doors
Full map generation
Inventory
In-Progress Features
Spoiler
Items
Old rooms
Menus
Lighting
Upcoming Features
Spoiler
Enemy AI
Ambient sounds
Room scripts
Heavy/Entrance Zones
Actual gameplay
Alternate dimensions
Planned Features
Spoiler
Better textures
New human models
Better animations
Game balancing
New SCPs
Abandoned Features
Spoiler
None yet
Links
Feel free to contact us whenever. We love company, especially if they're offering help ;)
Discord
Patreon
Ko-fi
Tumblr
Twitter

Videos
Spoiler
[youtube]pwTfwi6PONE[/youtube]
[youtube]qFl2b2O-nVA[/youtube]
[youtube]Acbv5gbzIRM[/youtube]
Last edited by ErinPone on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Re: SCP Unreal Redux (UPDATED 6/10/17)

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. :3

Build 0.3.0 is out now!
I would have released last Thursday or Friday, but I was out of town for the holiday.
From here I'll be moving on to 173's AI and the ambient sound system. After those are started well I'll probably be comfortable enough to say that the game has moved from pre-alpha to alpha.

The new build is getting caught as a false positive by a lot of antiviruses, I've included a text document that will hopefully help.

Re: SCP Unreal Redux (UPDATED 6/19/17 v0.3.1)

Hey OP, if you want to take the game in the direction of an immersive story and voice acting, let me know. I have experience in storycrafting and I have access to a network of voice talent.

This would be on a volunteer basis. I’m not expecting any compensation except to see this project to its completion. I love SCP and would love to see this succeed.

Build 0.4.0 is out now!
This will likely be the last pre-alpha build, meaning that the Light Containment Zone and at least one enemy (probably 173) will be mostly done in the next 1.0.0 build.

Also sorry about the delay between this build and the last one, I got depressed and lost motivation, but it's all good now.

Some new features include: LCZ with all the rooms from CB, nearly all rooms are lit and have doors, the clockworks is functional, new SCPs 330 and 523.
(Idea and models for 330 courtesy of EternalError.)

Edit: 32-bit version now available too.
Last edited by ErinPone on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ErinPone wrote:Build 0.4.0 is out now!
This will likely be the last pre-alpha build, meaning that the Light Containment Zone and at least one enemy (probably 173) will be mostly done in the next 1.0.0 build.

Also sorry about the delay between this build and the last one, I got depressed and lost motivation, but it's all good now.

Some new features include: LCZ with all the rooms from CB, nearly all rooms are lit and have doors, the clockworks is functional, new SCPs 330 and 523.
(Idea and models for 330 courtesy of EternalError.)
You should post some in-game images so that it attracts the viewers. It's one of the elements though.

Re: SCP Unreal Redux (UPDATED 7/12/17 v0.4.0)

Hi, I'm SaxonRah. Some of you might know me from the unreal engine forums, or perhaps my 2k sub youtube channel. I'm an unreal 4 engine contributor and have been working with unreal since it's release as a private beta. It will be 4 years I have worked with ue4 in November! I recently joined the development team of SCP Unreal Redux! I know quite a bit about unreal so i will be doing all sorts of stuff to make this Unreal build the best it can possibly be. I'm here to sort of take the reigns and lead the project into a fully featured game. I have already made significant strides into the game feel, lighting, optimization, code structure, AI, bug-fixes, and art collection and art optimization for the game. I have also added a multiplayer base framework and as we move forward i will be developing the single-player alongside ErinPone and probably developing the multi-player side by myself for now. The two portions of the game are being developed separately and independently of one another. This way the single-player can stand as a 1 to 1 conversion of SCP : CB and the multiplayer can be a place where we build an online version of containment breach for 2 - 8 players but with as much community feedback as possible to make the mp game the best and most enjoyable experience possible.

A major fix i'm quite happy to say is implemented, i fixed a 400ms frame time on epic quality settings down to a mere 16ms frame time, all with beautiful fully dynamic lighting. 8)
Last edited by Ra.h on Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.