Re: SCP: Containment Breach

My head is hurting.
Blitz3D was made in 2001, and it isnt a 2D sofware.
BlitzBASIC (what AgentParadox possibly referring to) was the original engine for the game, before being transferred to 3D.
BASIC was made in 2000, so SCP:CB uses a engine from 16/17 years ago.
Barotrauma was made in 2015, and is a different engine that I dont know of.
I cant take this stupidity, please dont take this as a offense: but please do research before posting something. Ely.
EDIT
Baro was made from Farseer engine + MonoGame.
Which are more modern ones.
Cant get anything on Farseer, but mono was made in 2009.
Hey, if your reading this: My new account is Purplebeardnow.

Cubesy wrote:BlitzBASIC (what AgentParadox possibly referring to) was the original engine for the game
It wasn't, BlitzBASIC is the original engine for IDE supplement, for the game engine, which was Unity Basic, firstly, then Pro, now. 3D version was applied in 2001 to resubstituate the older versions.
Basic was made in 2001 to reduce the assembler, to not to use the binary code in programming, which is actually used by machine to write their own data.
That is.
Last edited by Ely on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
- Sector clear!
- There is nowhere'
- It's a valve...

Ely wrote:
Agent Paradox wrote:No, that's one of the ports, the original game was made in Blitz, an incredibly old Windows-only engine.
That was Barotrauma.
No it was not. Barotrauma, last I checked, runs on a custom mesh of various libraries and tools (such as MonoGame and Farseer physics), and runs on C#, a welcome change from Blitz3D/Max, albeit I'd take the latter from the former.
Cubesy wrote:Blitz3D was made in 2001, and it isnt a 2D sofware.
Eeeeehhhhhhhh. As a base, no, but Blitz3D does have the ability to use a 2D renderer for, well, 2D projects and needs. It comes from its transition from BlitzBASIC, originally a 2D-only language with audio capability. It's why BlitzBASIC is referred to as "Blitz2D."
Cubesy wrote:BlitzBASIC (what AgentParadox possibly referring to) was the original engine for the game,
...No it wasn't. If you're talking about the alpha video(s) Regalis put up on his YouTube five years ago, that was BlitzMAX, and stayed that way for a while, which was made in 2004. The project then transitioned from Max to 3D, two entirely separate compilers and languages (B3D was the first Blitz brand IIRC that allowed 3D). After 3D came BlitzPlus, then Max.
Cubesy wrote:BASIC was made in 2000, so SCP:CB uses a engine from 16/17 years ago.
Sixteen years old, as Blitz3D released in 2001. The game doesn't use BlitzBASIC, as that's entirely 2D, stated above. If you really wanna count BlitzMax (since the game used that from v0.1 to v0.1.2 plus alpha versions) then it's a twelve years old.
Cubesy's Melodramatic Taking-The-Troll-Bait Includes: wrote:My head is hurting.
Blitz3D was made in 2001, and it isnt a 2D sofware.
BlitzBASIC (what AgentParadox possibly referring to) was the original engine for the game, before being transferred to 3D.
I cant take this stupidity, please dont take this as a offense: but please do research before posting something. Ely.
EDIT
Baro was made from Farseer engine + MonoGame.
Which are more modern ones.
Cant get anything on Farseer, but mono was made in 2009.
Ely's 100% Fragarmatorial Responses Include: wrote:It wasn't, BlitzBASIC is the original engine for IDE supplement, for the game engine (which is Unity Basic, actually). 3D version was applied in 2001 to resubstituate the older versions.
Basic was made in 2001 to reduce the assembler, to not to use the binary code in programming, which is actually used by machine to write at own data.
That is. I recommend you to learn more about Unity license versions, such as Personal or Enterprise to know stuff.
If all you're going to do is spew unrelated facts and all that bullshit that isn't totally directed at the specified comment or in the given context just to make yourself sound smarter, here's a tip, just don't respond.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buh-Buh-Buh-Bonus Round:
Ely wrote:Isn't it Unreal engine?
No. Containment Breach, as stated two million times before, runs on Blitz3D, which is a part of a family of languages and engines marked under the Blitz name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also why do you people keep responding if you have a problem with Ely? Leave the fan-fiction and general Foundation ignorance alone and unsubscribe from the topic. Why does everyone have to get so bitchy about one person, it's fucking astounding.

Nehpys wrote:No it was not. Barotrauma, last I checked, runs on a custom mesh of various libraries and tools (such as MonoGame and Farseer physics), and runs on C#, a welcome change from Blitz3D/Max
That's in present time.
albeit I'd take the latter from the former.
Why do you speak German?
No. Containment Breach, as stated two million times before, runs on Blitz3D, which is a part of a family of languages and engines marked under the Blitz name.
No.
cookieninja900 wrote:No, it was Containment Breach. You need to get a grip on what you're talking about here.
I speak as is.
- Sector clear!
- There is nowhere'
- It's a valve...

I mean, you're being told half a million times that SCP:CP runs on Blitz3D. So either your pattern recognition is incredibly poor or you are trying to be funny. Pretty sure people who have actually worked on the game or played around with the engine know just a tiny bit more about the subject than you do.

Ely wrote:
Nehpys wrote:No it was not. Barotrauma, last I checked, runs on a custom mesh of various libraries and tools (such as MonoGame and Farseer physics), and runs on C#, a welcome change from Blitz3D/Max
That's in present time.
Regalis started the development of Barotrauma in C# (with use of XML), without Blitz3D or any other of its branded products were used at any point before. Regalis stated this on his blog, saying he'd be moving away from the DirectX 7 limited language.[ref 1]
[quote="Joonas ("Regalis11") Rikkonen"]No Blitz3D anymore! Now I’m using C# and Monogame. The physics of the game are handled by Farseer, and the possible multiplayer features by Lidgren. The game won’t be a Windows exclusive like SCP-CB, since Monogame also supports Mac and Linux.[/quote]
Ely wrote:
Nehpys wrote:albeit I'd take the latter from the former.
Why do you speak German?
I'm not. Albeit is an English conjunction, and "latter from the former" are two English adjectives.
Ely wrote:
Nehpys wrote:No. Containment Breach, as stated two million times before, runs on Blitz3D, which is a part of a family of languages and engines marked under the Blitz name.
No.
Yes it does. My comment already proves that if it wasn't painfully obvious.

Christ, you're insufferable.
Last edited by Nehpys on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

EternalError wrote:I mean, you're being told half a million times that SCP:CP runs on Blitz3D.
It's supplement.
Nephys wrote: Regalis started the development of Barotrauma in C
With.
with use of XML
Using of.
Blitz3D any other of its branded products were used at any point before.
I know it.
I'm not. Albeit is an English conjunction, and "latter from the former" are two English adjectives
Albeit is a German word means "In this case".
Yes. My comment already proves that if it wasn't painfully obvious.
It was painfully obligous.
- Sector clear!
- There is nowhere'
- It's a valve...

There are many SCP games, which can be affiliate with the one.
Last edited by Ely on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Sector clear!
- There is nowhere'
- It's a valve...