Idea for immersiveness

So I was recently playing through Bioshock, and realized that a lot of the atmosphere came from audio logs. I think SCP:CB could use a similar idea and place audio recording that could be picked up and played when you click on the icon. They could set the tone and tell a story. If anyone's familiar with the Volgun and his SCP videos, you could probably picture it, or hear it I guess.

Example: In the plague doc's room you could have the object (Think an audio diary) on a table and when you play it, this would be played http://youtu.be/9euv7QxJpYM.
Dunno if it's been suggested before, but it could be cool, I suppose.

Re: Idea for immersiveness

I love the idea of audio logs. I find that LPers don't like taking the time to read a lot of documents when they are playing the game. I think audio logs would solve the problem of breaking up the flow of playing the game without stopping in every room you enter just to read documents. I still believe that we should keep the documents in the game though. I would love to see something in the way of Volgun's audio logs for example.

InnocentSam wrote:I was considering doing this, but you'd need voiceovers for every single one. In the end, it's just easier to do a chat screen which explains things than a voice recording.
Well the idea wasn't to do away with the documents, but to add a whole new item. It could foreshadow what may come next. Like in 682's chamber there could be a recording device that plays this when you click it.
http://youtu.be/_3DZyQseCrg
It would leave the documents intact and only add to the atmosphere, in my opinion anyways.

I posted a Reply to this but the Forum was acting up [ During the 0.7 Release Crash ].

I think this is an extremely good Idea.

There is so much that could be learnt from Audio Logs. And there could possibly be recorded Video Feed from Cameras too.

Maybe Audio or Video Logs showing Experiments concerning certain SCPs. Wouldn't it be interesting to see that Interview with SCP-049 acted out? Or something similar.

We could even see how SCPs like 106 broke out of their Chambers or bring up Documents about the Foundation as a whole.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

InnocentSam wrote:I was considering doing this, but you'd need voiceovers for every single one. In the end, it's just easier to do a chat screen which explains things than a voice recording.
For what I've seen those chat screens are plenty lame and hard to see, most players ignore them.
Although it would be hard, audio logs are alot better I think.
The zueira never ends

Agent Shlocky wrote:Yeah, and a little icon could appear showing who was speaking, here's an example of what I mean.
-snip-
Excuse the amateurish Photoshop skills lol, uh obviously a real model would need to be created. But uh, it seems good enough to get the idea through.
Oh my gosh, I just love the way It looks like SCP-049 is talking to the Player. For some reason, lol.
Hero Pietro wrote:
For what I've seen those chat screens are plenty lame and hard to see, most players ignore them.
Although it would be hard, audio logs are alot better I think.
You have a Point.

This is a Topic for " Immersiveness " after all. Seeing the text when confronting SCP-012 doesn't exactly have much of an Impact.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

FireFox wrote:
Agent Shlocky wrote:Yeah, and a little icon could appear showing who was speaking, here's an example of what I mean.
-snip-
Excuse the amateurish Photoshop skills lol, uh obviously a real model would need to be created. But uh, it seems good enough to get the idea through.
Oh my gosh, I just love the way It looks like SCP-049 is talking to the Player. For some reason, lol.

Thanks! I'm glad others like the idea too :D