Re: Improved intro

Masshorde: It's really good, but I really don't li9ke the idea of the player speaking. I like him being mute.
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

MrJPenguin1 wrote:Masshorde: It's really good, but I really don't li9ke the idea of the player speaking. I like him being mute.
Should it just be head shaking? The main reason I had the player speaking is that I remember on the old forums a while ago someone saying that having smal mutters and swearing would be good. I do agree with that though, it means you can shape the character into WHOEVER you want.
Turkeys are dangerous, they eat camels.

MrJPenguin1 wrote:Masshorde: It's really good, but I really don't li9ke the idea of the player speaking. I like him being mute.
Its a containment breach, he's probably going to be panicking if he sees the MTF or something, he's confused mainly, so let's toss in a few words here or there to notch up the realism a tone.
I am officially SCP-426. I am a toaster, and people refer to me in first person. This memetic quality is one of my best traits!

Mirocaine wrote:I like the silent character though, the only time you really ever hear him talk is when you put yourself in 914 on Coarse or Rough -- (Screaming, that is.)
That doesn't mean we can't add any. We've done it with the MTF, we're doing it with the guards and we're probably adding it in the intro to the other Class Ds.
I am officially SCP-426. I am a toaster, and people refer to me in first person. This memetic quality is one of my best traits!

Enma Ai wrote:Yes but the main character isn't really supposed to be an actual character; as in, 'tis a stand-in for the player to project him/herself in the game. If you make it speak, give it a unique voice, you take that away.
That is why your character never speaks in RPGs. However, it'd be really cool if you could have an option, I know there is the technology
to speak, and the game selects the voice closest to yours, so it sounds like you.
Rem wrote:Wtf guys, I didn't know Kevin MacLeod was that popular.
Yes.
Rem wrote:Impssobru
You spelled IMPOSSIBRU wrong!
Also, something like this would be cool to be heard as a loading screen or intro,
maybe in the beginning you can clip the end of it.

Enma Ai wrote:Yes but the main character isn't really supposed to be an actual character; as in, 'tis a stand-in for the player to project him/herself in the game. If you make it speak, give it a unique voice, you take that away.
He is D-9341. His voice doesn't change every time, because he is the same person each time.