Re: (SUGGESTION)SCP-096 Containment Chamber

mrpeanut188 wrote:
SCP-500 wrote:
Brunou8 wrote:But why does he need to kill two people to come to the facility?
One elsewhere and one in the facility i assume, he re-enters the facility to kill the second person.
Exactly. The Insurgency could show someone off the site, so the Shy Guy would breach containment. They know that it is almost impossible for nobody to see him escape, he would draw a LOT of attention before the Foundation could react.
And considering how fast he moves, if they had someone nearby, he could be back to kill the rest of the witnesses in a matter of minutes.
All of this is very elaborate, it's so complicated. Having a chamber in-game would simplify things.
I'm evil?

As much as I adore many of these suggestions, you truly overcomplicate things to no end. SCP-096 does not need such an elaborate "backstory" for his escape really.
Put his chamber into the facility and then add in some "strange malfunction" to his containment chamber (aka. SCP-079) and have him get out that way. Naturally there'd be scientists and guards on sight who'd die.
Maybe 2-3 would start running for their life even though there was no way for them to escape, explaining how you'd find 096 a little farther away from his chamber.

People, keep in mind that we're not trying to create backstories that would demand 10 minute cutscenes just to explain it all. The game should remain easy to understand in both gameplay and story.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Serimah wrote:As much as I adore many of these suggestions, you truly overcomplicate things to no end. SCP-096 does not need such an elaborate "backstory" for his escape really.
Put his chamber into the facility and then add in some "strange malfunction" to his containment chamber (aka. SCP-079) and have him get out that way. Naturally there'd be scientists and guards on sight who'd die.
Maybe 2-3 would start running for their life even though there was no way for them to escape, explaining how you'd find 096 a little farther away from his chamber.

People, keep in mind that we're not trying to create backstories that would demand 10 minute cutscenes just to explain it all. The game should remain easy to understand in both gameplay and story.

I agree, I just think a chamber should be added, not a life story.
I'm evil?

SCP-500 wrote:
Abincyprus wrote:Also to the people who say this is useless... Look at SCP895.
SCP-895 isn't useless anymore, you have to go into it's chamber to turn off the cameras so 079 can't kill you by broadcasting it over the monitors in the facility.
I really need to play the newer version... Damn, that's just epic. So if you just pass 895's chamber you may unexpectedly die? If yes, this game is amazing.

RaptorCyclone wrote:
Serimah wrote:You misunderstand. SCP-079 will broadcast the camera-feed of SCP-895 on random monitors throughout the facility. So if you stare at them, you die.
It could broadcast the camera feed of an earlier breach (http://www.scp-wiki.net/incident-096-1-a), and possibly uncensor 096's face.
The problem with that is it would be instant death (seeing 096's face) whereas seeing 895 doesn't immediately kill you, you have a chance of escaping 895 but the second you see 096 you're as good as dead.

it would be kind of unfair, unless they give you a warning a few seconds beforehand.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

SCP-500 wrote:
RaptorCyclone wrote:It could broadcast the camera feed of an earlier breach (http://www.scp-wiki.net/incident-096-1-a), and possibly uncensor 096's face.
The problem with that is it would be instant death (seeing 096's face) whereas seeing 895 doesn't immediately kill you, you have a chance of escaping 895 but the second you see 096 you're as good as dead.

it would be kind of unfair, unless they give you a warning a few seconds beforehand.
You misunderstood, the breach occurs about a minute into the feed. The player has an opportunity to look away.
I'm evil?